The Film & Conventional Spring is sprung meet up.

Dates and locations, pick as many as appeal.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry I can't make this one now. Turns out I got school concert commitments at the weekend that the sprog only told me about last night.
I think you should tell your sprog that you already have commitments that day and they'll need to give you more notice in future if they wish you to attend. After all, they've got to learn! :LOL:

No.

Nah, just jabbin' :D Most welcome! You should be aware however that you might be the recipient of some very friendly and light hearted banter about the whole digital thing though :D

Last edited:
No.

Nah, just jabbin' :D Most welcome! You should be aware however that you might be the recipient of some very friendly and light hearted banter about the whole digital thing though :D

That's fine, but one of us isn't exactly up on the subtle nuances of film vs digital, or even possibly the exposure triangle, so you may find she wonders what people are talking about. :snaphappy: :whistle:

That's fine, but one of us isn't exactly up on the subtle nuances of film vs digital, or even possibly the exposure triangle, so you may find she wonders what people are talking about. :snaphappy: :whistle:

That's all right, I've got one of those as well. :D

That's all right, I've got one of those as well. :D

She's actually pretty good, seeing stuff I don't, but there's absolutely zero technical interest and prefers a compact compared to the Olympus E-M10 we bought as a replacement because it's just simpler to use.

Just PM'd the likely suspects so if I've missed you I do apologise and blame TP's pathetic 5 recipient limit on PM's.

Hope you all have a safe journey and a great time tomorrow, sorry I can't join you, will look forward to seeing the photos in due course. :)

Nobody wants my PhotoFlo spare then! :(

Is that the wetting agent you put in the final wash? If so, and no one else there wants it, perhaps there's a chance that @Andysnap could bring it back to Cheshire for me? However, if that's not convenient and/or anyone else there needs it then please let them have it. :)

Last edited:
Is that the wetting agent you put in the final wash? If so, and no one else there wants it, perhaps there's a chance that @Andysnap could bring it back to Cheshire for me? However, if that's not convenient and/or anyone else there needs it then please let them have it. :)

It is that. I'll get it out from the dev box under the stairs before I forget!

No problem chaps, i can meet up or drop it off whenever.

Thanks Chris, if it makes it up here I'll buy you a drink when we finally meet. :beer: (y)

And they're off.

On our way too.

Hi all,

Really sorry but were going to have to cancel as we've both come down with a cold and, while feeling pretty shoddy, don't really want to spread it around. Pretty gutted tbh as we were really looking forward to this one :( Hope you all have a cracking day :)

That's a real shame. Good job though if you're full of the dreaded lurghy don't want you spreading your germs round Oxford.

Inside the Vaults & Garden Cafe drinking coffe

Hi all,

Really sorry but were going to have to cancel as we've both come down with a cold and, while feeling pretty shoddy, don't really want to spread it around. Pretty gutted tbh as we were really looking forward to this one :( Hope you all have a cracking day :)

Did think it was odd that you weren't there, Jonathan! Sorry to hear you both aren't well; colds can be so debilitating.

Don't think I was firing on all cylinders today. First off I suggested to Dean that he ought to join the postcard challenge; he of course took great pleasure in reminding me that he was in it and I'd recently sent him an email with all the details! Then as I was walking back to the bus for the park and ride this afternoon, I took a couple of shots to finish up the film, then a couple more, then... uh oh, the rewind lever isn't turning when I wind on... so the whole afternoon's shots exist only in my imagination!

Luckily I got back in time to Facetime the family in Edinburgh before my grandson (2 today) was ready for bed!

Flippin Eck Chris, that's bad news. Did you shoot many on either of your other cameras?

We're on the way home now after a lovely day out. Hopefully we'll have some interesting shots and that the stinking cold that has developed over the past hour or so will fade away after some Scottish medicine.

Great to see everybody in Oxford yesterday, old friends and new friends alike. The weather was kind to us with the promised thunderstorms holding off til we made our way home, the beer was good and @ChrisR took some of his best shots ever, well done Chris (n)

Excellent fun and t'was great to see everyone again!

Got back to Reading with no dramas but faced with a half-hour wait for the connection to my local station I decided to walk instead. Luckily I didn't get caught in the rain until I was almost at our local supermarket, so I nipped in there and bought sundries while waiting for herself to pick me up on her way back from the Scout walk she'd been supervising. Apparently one team of Scouts missed the first checkpoint and carried on walking, adding 4 miles to their route so I suspect map-reading skills may form part of a future Scout session.

Got through 5 films yesterday, I'd say I need to practice some restraint with an auto-everything camera but it was such a joy to use that I don't really mind. :)

Only 5? Amateur ;)
I only took 5 films for precisely that reason, I knew I was likely to blast through them given I was using the F100. It's also why I only took one lens, no faffing about deciding what to use for each shot like I have previously. :)

Thanks Chris, if it makes it up here I'll buy you a drink when we finally meet. :beer: (y)

Duly handed over to that @Andysnap ... have fun! I've found it quite useful for the two films I've devved with the other bottle I bought.

Flippin Eck Chris, that's bad news. Did you shoot many on either of your other cameras?

I started with the "test roll" of Vista 200 in the LX, mostly in the church. It was changing the film near that graveyard with the statue sitting on the bench that did for me. Too much stuff hanging round my neck, on the ground, in the basket of one of the parked bikes etc. So nothing after that other than a couple of black and white shots and one with the zoom on the colour MX, taken in the pub, which I'm pretty sure is a shot I've attempted and failed at before!

Anyway, it's the company rather than the shots that counts. It's actually a bit difficult to take the time to concentrate on a shot, or work a scene, when you're in a group. Great day, anyway!

Duly handed over to that @Andysnap ... have fun! I've found it quite useful for the two films I've devved with the other bottle I bought.
Thanks Chris, much appreciated. I'll allow some time for Andy to recover from his 'stinking cold' before I mither him about meeting up... give him time to recover (and so he's no longer contagious!) ;)

Being a 'cheat' has enabled me to get some images up already (would have done yesterday, but managed an urbex session, and got stuck into processing them instead).

The unusual suspects.
Oxfordwalk-8330 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

Radcliffe Camera.
Oxfordwalk-8389 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

Down by the riverside.
Oxfordwalk-8635 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

Nick.
Oxfordwalk-8641 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

Oxford across Christchurch meadow (I think).
Oxfordwalk-8677 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

Daffs.
Oxfordwalk-8689 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

The footbridge.
Oxfordwalk- by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

High Street.
Oxfordwalk-8698 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

I love that cinema shot - spot on! Sad I couldn't make this, looking forward to the next one near me!

Back