The "fine time piece" owners thread.

Two of mine:

IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

I also have an Oris TT Diver that for some reason I don't have a photograph of.

A while back I bought one of Christopher Ward's motorsport watches, but sold it as it had a quartz movement. Today I'm wearing an Apple Watch!

I'd never worn a watch at all, until I started a new job in October. Just wanted something simple, so bought a Bering Watch which seems to be working pretty well. There's some nice watches listed her, but way more than I could justify spending...................maybe :)

I've just ordered a new old stock Raketa big zero from eBay
It's an 80's Russian watch with a bold distinctive face completely an impulse buy but not too expensive at £50
Can't post a picture as I'm at work will take a while to arrive as the seller is Russian looks legit and he's got a lot of good feedback
I don't know much about these but apparently the mechanism is bomb proof I may need to get it serviced as it has been stood for a long time

I saved up for ages and waited on waiting lists for ages, before finally getting my steel Daytona 10 years ago. I've worn it every day since - it never comes off except for airport security when I feel naked without it. It has plenty of scratches and scrapes and dings, but they are my scratches and scrapes and dings. I'll never sell it. My son gets it when I'm properly dead.

As well as being totally lovely, it has appreciated in value by 250% since I bought it.

Aside from the Daytona, I really like tritium dial watches, and have a Traser which I like a lot but never wear now. Trasers are cool. I have an Omega Seamaster and a TAG as well, plus a "number one copy" fake Daytona which got me by while I was waiting for the real one.

I seem to have a fascination for vintage chronographs. Currently wearing a proof/proof Seiko 6139-6000 yellow dial from 1969, but have a few others. My dream watch would be an Omega Speedmaster Professional Mark II racing dial though....way beyond my current means unfortunately

I've just ordered a new old stock Raketa big zero from eBay
It's an 80's Russian watch with a bold distinctive face completely an impulse buy but not too expensive at £50
Can't post a picture as I'm at work will take a while to arrive as the seller is Russian looks legit and he's got a lot of good feedback
I don't know much about these but apparently the mechanism is bomb proof I may need to get it serviced as it has been stood for a long time
Have you received this yet?

Hands-up I'm guilty of liking automatic watches too. My favorites are IWC portofino and JLC master ultra thin moon phase. The JLC gets most wrist time by far. I've also got a completely unbranded military one that is fun to tease officianardos with ;) for a gadget watch I have the tissot touch which is still fun despite the smartphone making most of its features redundant now.

Got my eye on an Audemars Piquet Royal Oak.. quite probably the worst thing I've got a bee in the bonnet about given the price but they aren't half nice!

Returning from the clouds has had me looking Linde Werdelin (although hardly out of the clouds when you look at some of the pieces they produce) as well as Bell&Ross and some of the sea dweller and submariner Rolex parts.

Many months of saving ahead but I'm sure it'll be worth it!

My Bremont Alt1 WT with a different strap as i wanted a longer strap with red stitching so had one made

I hope you don't mind me asking but where did you get the strap made?

I ask as I have big wrists and struggle to get watch straps to fit

I hope you don't mind me asking but where did you get the strap made?

I ask as I have big wrists and struggle to get watch straps to fit

I went to Martu Leather for my strap. Hand made in Chile at a decent price which is a fraction of the OEM long strap price. They will make custom sizes and designs if thats what you want.A few more places to look depending on quality, design and price-

Gas Gas Bones
Bas & Lokes
Hirsch
Rob Montana
Bulang & Sons
n80leather

Last edited:
Got my eye on an Audemars Piquet Royal Oak.. quite probably the worst thing I've got a bee in the bonnet about given the price but they aren't half nice!

Very nice timepiece :)

Well the collection has increased a little in the last few months, in now the proud owner of 11 Swiss watches, 10 of which are auto or manual wind as well as a hand full of other brands and beaters.

The collection with a Daytona missing as it's being worn, terrible photo I know but here's a photo of my latest CW manual wind. It's absolutely gorgeous and built to a level indistinguishable from even the most expensive of watches. Once again I'm blown away with the value as per my opening post in this thread.

IMG_6681.JPG

IMG_6677.JPG

IMG_6678.JPG

Well the collection has increased a little in the last few months, in now the proud owner of 11 Swiss watches, 10 of which are auto or manual wind as well as a hand full of other brands and beaters.

The collection with a Daytona missing as it's being worn, terrible photo I know but here's a photo of my latest CW manual wind. It's absolutely gorgeous and built to a level indistinguishable from even the most expensive of watches. Once again I'm blown away with the value as per my opening post in this thread.

View attachment 106513

View attachment 106511

View attachment 106512

Like the royal oak (y)

Like the royal oak (y)

It's the least worn watch there, feels delicate with all those little pieces for links. Crap time keeper compared to everything there, loses 5 or 6 seconds a day but it was second hand and a few years old so perhaps needs a service.

What is the watch on the bottom right?

It's an invicta S1. Swiss made but put together in such a way that the Russians would be proud! It weighs as much as a small moon and is very uncomfortable but it gets more attention than anything I've ever worn even if at times it's negative! I think they use a Rhonda movement in it. It's accurate enough but is a little clunky.

wzJNY12.jpg

uCBAzAR.jpg

Which seamaster do you have as I have one here that's the "bond" watch. I can put it on the strap on the far right?
Mine will be very similar then. Blue dial, non-chrono. Think the bond watch just has a different pattern dial and obvious 007 branding?

That'd be awesome [emoji106]

The watch looks good though, that's the main thing! Where'd you purchase the straps from?

Ps I assumed I was on the BMW forum because of your avatar (on Tapatalk so didn't see which lol)
Ah yes BMW forums! I was on babybmw.net but have since got myself a jag so that needs changing!

I purchase the straps from amazon but you have to be careful.

The ones you want are usually £9.99-12.99 each and come with a tool and pins. The brand is.. (I'll edit in a minute)... RANDON Watch bands

For more expensive straps, the costs are between £16-25 and are made by Gekota.

Last edited:
Didn't see Raymond reply...looks like meshable http://meshablewatches.bigcartel.com?

Loving the Stowa pieces @Hazza

What brand is that @Raymond Lin ??

It is a Meshable.

I basically started my search wanting a white face dress watch. There wasn't really a budget, I was even contemplating getting a IWC Portuguese, kept looking around and found the Meshable Kickstarter page for this. I can't complaint about this at all, it ticked every box I wanted it for.

It is water resistance to 50m.
Sapphire Crystal glass with coating
Automatic
Very minimise style that I like.

The movement is not swiss but very accurate, it gains a second every other day so in the space of a month it is still under a minute. That means when I adjust the calendar date in the window every other month I would just sync it correctly again. No big deal.

Because it was a kickstarter project, price was very reasonable.

It is a Meshable.

I basically started my search wanting a white face dress watch. There wasn't really a budget, I was even contemplating getting a IWC Portuguese, kept looking around and found the Meshable Kickstarter page for this. I can't complaint about this at all, it ticked every box I wanted it for.

It is water resistance to 50m.
Sapphire Crystal glass with coating
Automatic
Very minimise style that I like.

The movement is not swiss but very accurate, it gains a second every other day so in the space of a month it is still under a minute. That means when I adjust the calendar date in the window every other month I would just sync it correctly again. No big deal.

Because it was a kickstarter project, price was very reasonable.

Looks great Raymond!

Looks great Raymond!

Plus, at a glance nobody knows what it is, technically a boutique watch :D

It;s water proof, it's automatic and most importantly, it is accurate. All I want in a watch in a design that I like. As much as I like a IWC…the extra thousands looks better in my bank account than on my wrist at the moment.

Plus, at a glance nobody knows what it is, technically a boutique watch :D

It;s water proof, it's automatic and most importantly, it is accurate. All I want in a watch in a design that I like. As much as I like a IWC…the extra thousands looks better in my bank account than on my wrist at the moment.

I have an unmarked one too, fun to tease the cognoscenti with ;). The Portuguese I found too big anyway.

Back