The "fine time piece" owners thread.

Gone and done it again. This time i bought a Grand Seiko SBGA231, its a titanium diver. No UK stock so its a long wait for it to come from Japan-4 weeks and counting down.View attachment 243514

I really like those, I was going to buy one until a great deal on a PAM 312 came up. One day I will have one of those, looking forward to seeing some pics when it arrives :)

That's very kind of you but I'm still a stickler for the real deal although I can see the appeal or even to a degree the need for replicas. :)

no such thing as a replica , its a fake and you have handed your money to a criminal gang that might be involved in people smuggling and child prostitution.

no such thing as a replica , its a fake and you have handed your money to a criminal gang that might be involved in people smuggling and child prostitution.
Narrow minded much!

The need comes in place for the things like movie props. I was being polite. And you've commented on the OP back on page 1 already!?

Last edited:
Here are a couple of quick shots of my PAM312 with my pink strap worn for my wedding yesterday. Pink is my daughters favouring colour so how could I refuse.. please excuse the wonky glasses and creased napkin, these were taken quickly while the missus was having breakfast.

DSCF2281 by rick phillips, on Flickr

DSCF2292 by rick phillips, on Flickr

DSCF2293 by rick phillips, on Flickr

Well im done with watches for this year. In the last 6-7months i bought a Zenith Defy El Primero 21, an Omega Seamaster Diver 300M and awaiting delivery next week on a Grand Seiko SBGA231 diver. Already have a Bremont Alt1 WT so my watch box is full- i could always buy a bigger watchbox. Think it will be back to cameras for now - so roll on a Nikon D6

Last edited:
Skagen have some nice and very slim watches. A friend of mine has a lovely deep blue faced dress watch with a chainmail like strap. It's a very clean and unobtrusive piece.

I would never buy a Skagen again. The one I have is the third as it's been replaced twice, and chronometer no longer works. Look good, nice & light, but poor quality. My wife also has a Skagen which has been replaced once and repaired once.

I have a Skagen look-alike from Rotary. Had it about 5 years IIRC and has only needed one battery. Light and not flashy.

So my daily wear is my Skagen, even though the Chronograph doesn't actually work.

skagen.jpg

And my "dress" watch is a Tag. An F1 James Hunt Limited Edition, number 713 of 1,000 units. Bought as a Birthday present from Mrs J...

Tag.jpg

Picked up this Tudor Pelagos brand new from Rox in Newcastle as a stupidly low price after someone on a watch forum i use took a pic and posted the pic later that night. Many many calls and messages later the next morning i got my call answered and bought the watch unseen. Many others on the watch forum were also trying to buy. Got it sent to the Glasgow Rox store where i picked it up. The salesman was my normal one and he gave me a free strap for a Zenith i bought 7 months ago( customer cancelled order). What a day- cheap watch and a free strap for another watch. It would be rude not to take a few images.8D263337-73F0-4FD6-B443-C8F1237E1EC9.jpeg

Lovely that. But I never go anywhere posh enough to wear something so smart..

Mine are not fine or collectable,iconic, or expensive, but they suit me down to the ground.Screenshot_20200608-123935_eBay.jpg

Some lovely watches in this thread, loving all of the Grand Seikos.

I have been collecting watches for a couple of years now, with most of my collection being vintage and centred around the Universal Geneve brand. I do have some modern watches as well but vintage watches just sing to me. I'll share a few with you here. You'll have to excuse the quality of the images as these are all from my Instagram account where I shoot everything on my 3 year old phone.

This is a UG Polerouter De Luxe ref 10357/1

IMG_20200612_135819-01.jpeg

Universal Geneve Polerouter Super ref 869112/26

IMG_20200419_133427-01-01 (2).jpeg

Universal Geneve Polerouter ref 20368/1

IMG_20200425_103700-01.jpeg

Universal Geneve White Shadow Automatic Ultra Slim ref 866105

IMG_20200708_132546-01.jpeg

All of the watches above a have a UG microtor movement in them allowing them to be both very slim and automatic at the same time.

I also love some of the more affordable brands as well such as Seiko and Helvetia.

IMG_20200415_124853-02-01.jpeg

IMG_20200614_151821-01.jpeg

IMG_20200704_105358-01.jpeg

Well this arrived for me this AM, been after this one for a while but £430 no thanks :-/
found a nice online voucher and delivered for £344 yes sir I can booooogie :)

Ive owned my MBII since Oct 2017 and love the watch. Bremont pride themselves in testing their timepieces in the most extreme environments, during live ejection seat tests etc, and go into great detail regarding the hardness and durability of the materials used for the case etc. I was shocked to find that i'd dinged the case after a few months. A tiny knock, but one that left a chip out of the lug.
After a couple of years of light wearing, rotated with other watches in my collection, I found that the orange anodized barrel was fading between the 2 pushers.
I contacted Bremont with my concerns, stating that I didn't expect a watch of only 3 year old to show so much degradation in materials. At first, they quoted around £500 to replace all parts and full service, and extend the warranty by 2 years. Wow, that's expensive I thought.
I wasn't going to be blamed for "general wear and tear" for the barrel fading so queried their findings. They have replied with a significant reduction in the service and cost of parts, and the watch is now getting a full service and makeover, with new barrel, case and pushers. Ive chosen to change to an anthracite barrel which I hope will wear better than the orange one. Bremont have been excellent all the way through and worked with me to reach a compromise. I now have to wait 6-8 weeks to get the watch back which is going to be painful. But at least I have my vintage 14060 or Breitling Aerospace to wear, amongst others. Im now regretting choosing a barrel colour change. I love the orange but concerned if i swap like for like, the same thing will just happen again.
What do you guys reckon? Stick with Orange or go Anthracite?
DSC_0166 by jason greenwood, on Flickr

Last edited:
I'd go for anthracite over orange but then again, I prefer bracelets to fabric straps and leather over fabric if it has to be a strap. Your wrist, your watch, your choice!

I had to change my mind again and go back to orange. I just love it. Fingers crossed this one will wear better than the last.

Ive owned my MBII since Oct 2017 and love the watch. Bremont pride themselves in testing their timepieces in the most extreme environments, during live ejection seat tests etc, and go into great detail regarding the hardness and durability of the materials used for the case etc. I was shocked to find that i'd dinged the case after a few months. A tiny knock, but one that left a chip out of the lug.
After a couple of years of light wearing, rotated with other watches in my collection, I found that the orange anodized barrel was fading between the 2 pushers.
I contacted Bremont with my concerns, stating that I didn't expect a watch of only 3 year old to show so much degradation in materials. At first, they quoted around £500 to replace all parts and full service, and extend the warranty by 2 years. Wow, that's expensive I thought.
I wasn't going to be blamed for "general wear and tear" for the barrel fading so queried their findings. They have replied with a significant reduction in the service and cost of parts, and the watch is now getting a full service and makeover, with new barrel, case and pushers. Ive chosen to change to an anthracite barrel which I hope will wear better than the orange one. Bremont have been excellent all the way through and worked with me to reach a compromise. I now have to wait 6-8 weeks to get the watch back which is going to be painful. But at least I have my vintage 14060 or Breitling Aerospace to wear, amongst others. Im now regretting choosing a barrel colour change. I love the orange but concerned if i swap like for like, the same thing will just happen again.
What do you guys reckon? Stick with Orange or go Anthracite?
DSC_0166 by jason greenwood, on Flickr

I’m about to order a MBII - they’re stunning

Wow. That’s a serious piece of kit. Wear it in good health sir.
Thanks, it was a biggy for me. Took months to decide and it came down to this AP and a Vacheron Constantin Overseas Chrono( blue dial). Viewed both watches in different dealers then went for lunch, even then i only decided as opened the door to the Vacheron dealer and told him i wouldn't be buying and went and bought the AP. Likely get funds and buy a Vacheron next year.

Last edited:
Back