The Football Thread - Season 2012/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
stokecity_m said:
Do you need an early night?

Not staying up for match of the day?

:wave:

Did you say something? Don't need MOTD as I saw your thugs live.

Clinging to wi-fi just enough to catch the scores but know nothing else. Pleased with 3 points though.

Last edited:
So you can throw an elbow (Van Persie), stamp on a man on the ground (Huth and Tiote), dramatically dive feet from contact (Bale and Suarez) all without punishment, but should you dare question the FA's authority (Cole) and you bring the game into disrepute.

The FA doesn't have any 'repute' to be brought into 'disrepute'!

Last edited:
So you can throw an elbow (Van Persie), stamp on a man on the ground (Huth and Tiote), dramatically dive feet from contact (Bale and Suarez) all without punishment, but should you dare question the FA's authority (Cole) and you bring the game into disrepute.

The FA doesn't have any 'repute' to be brought into 'disrepute'!

Agree. The FA are a joke, stupid rules and run by idiots.

Isn't it about time Suarez was banned for a long time, another 8 game ban? Are Liverpool fans and staff really surprised that he may not get awarded pens when he should? He is a disgrace, a dirty little cheat. If the FA had any balls or common sense they would act.

Anything to say Joe, If I was a Liverpool fan I would be ashamed.

Agree. The FA are a joke, stupid rules and run by idiots.

Isn't it about time Suarez was banned for a long time, another 8 game ban? Are Liverpool fans and staff really surprised that he may not get awarded pens when he should? He is a disgrace, a dirty little cheat. If the FA had any balls or common sense they would act.

Anything to say Joe, If I was a Liverpool fan I would be ashamed.

Meh.

Don't hate the player. Hate the game. The fa should stamp it out, until they do it will all go on. He's no worse than Ashley young, gareth bale and Valencia have been. It's a problem with the game.

It does have to be pointed out that at least twice Suarez had opportunity to dive in the box and didn't. I'm not excusing that daft theatrical bit of nonsense, but I do take issue with the media making a massive thing out of it because it's him.

The23rdman said:
It does have to be pointed out that at least twice Suarez had opportunity to dive in the box and didn't. I'm not excusing that daft theatrical bit of nonsense, but I do take issue with the media making a massive thing out of it because it's him.

Based on the dive he made, every time he entered the box classifies as an opportunity for him to go down! Hardly an achievement for a striker to not going down just because he's set foot inside the box :D

TriggerHappy said:
Based on the dive he made, every time he entered the box classifies as an opportunity for him to go down! Hardly an achievement for a striker to not going down just because he's set foot inside the box :D

I mean he didn't go down after contact.

Last edited:
Finding it frustrating (but loving my hols) not knowing what your all on about. I've managed the scores but that's about it. It's funny not being able to voice an opinion about dives or fouls or dodgy goals and just get an updated league table. Daft thing is - despite knowing nothing it really makes no difference.

dinners said:
Finding it frustrating (but loving my hols) not knowing what your all on about. I've managed the scores but that's about it. It's funny not being able to voice an opinion about dives or fouls or dodgy goals and just get an updated league table. Daft thing is - despite knowing nothing it really makes no difference.
Have you tried the espn goals app if you find yourself with a decent signal

steunited said:
cabaye should be ashamed for going down like a girl
Suarez would have been stretchered off :d

Following a hefty collision with Theo Walcott, Stoke City are proud to announce the signing of Aldo Simoncini, the San Marino goalkeeper, on a lucrative 5 year deal.

Last edited:
So bale tripped himself to win a penalty...typical. He's a damn good footballer on his day but my god does he like to dive!

By the way, Owen Coyle for Scotland manager....

Meh, to be honest we could have the tactical genius of Jock Stein, Alex Ferguson, David Moyes (currently the best manager out there in my view) all rolled into the image of a young Graeme Souness with his glorious moustache in full growth and we would still be absolute cack

The problem is not the manager, but the fact that the technical ability is just so poor. Take away Bale, Ramsey and D.Fletcher from Fridays game and there was not a single player on that pitch who could put his foot on the ball and direct things, instead preferring to hump the ball up to a big player in the middle and hope for the best.

It's an issue on how we develop our talent at youth club level. If at the age of 14/15/16 you happen to be small, then chances are you are going to be punted for the boy who has developed slightly quicker but can only just kick the ball straight. It's so illogical but it is seen across the whole of Scotland and I'm pretty sure across the UK.

So bale tripped himself to win a penalty...typical. He's a damn good footballer on his day but my god does he like to dive!

But because he's the press' little wet dream there won't be an uproar a la Suarez. Personally, I think Bale is just an average kick-and-run merchant.

his heart celebration annoys me - how old is he? :D

What an absolute farce it is to have a roof on a stadium and elect not to use it with heavy rain forecast. What's worse is the pitch is now in an unplayable condition, the rain is still falling, and there's as yet no effort to close the roof so it will never drain. You have to wonder where common sense and rational actions have gone in situations like this!

Absolutely farcical ... unless you happen to be one of the fans who have paid to go and watch the match :(

Poland wanted it open - it was their choice but yes I agree - stupid as it now looks like the game will be off.

Typical FIFA incompetence. The governing bodies like FA, FIFA and Uefa just could organize a pee up in a brewery.

one wag on facebook......

Poland can't shut the roof as there all on the 2 10 shift at littlewoods

&

Conditions perfect in Poland for Suarez .

What on earth do they think 45 mins will do if they can't close the roof to allow the heating system to work?

joescrivens said:
What on earth do they think 45 mins will do if they can't close the roof to allow the heating system to work?

Keep the crowd in the stadium buying beer and hotdogs [/cynic]

Another pitch inspection at 8.45 when nothing has happened in the stadium, it doesn't take a genius to work out the pitch will not be any different. What exactly are these fools doing behind the scenes?

A5Wlrq2CAAItzDD.jpg:large

So Germany managed to throw away a 4-0 lead to draw with Sweden and Giroud scores an injury time equalised for 1-1 between France and Spain. Crazy day!

There's also a couple of fantastic photos of the friendship that seems to exist between Giroud and Cazorla. I have a really good feeling about Arsenal's team spirit this season!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back