The Football Thread.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to laugh

My wife told my sis (on FB after the Rooney goal) that she's deaf and that I'll have no voice tomorrow.

My Sis replied to say my brother in law shouted - 'Get in you gorgeous ugly baby'

I'm still laughing.

Nah - not his best - VDS should have saved it.

Can see this turning into a gubbing though.

Last edited:
Only one team in it.

Cheering heard along the street. I swear 95% of the country is cheering for barca.

What a goal... no wonders hes the best in the world!

What!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am I the only one who doesnt get a hard on watching Messi - one of the most over-rated footballers ever. Yes he is good, but I would love to see how good he is for a whole season in the premiership! His goal was good, but hardly great, you see goals like that in League 1 and 2 every week.

Quite rare for Barca to win a game without bribing officials!

Only one team in it.

Cheering heard along the street. I swear 95% of the country is cheering for barca.

maybe a bit less than that but the majority are for sure, man u were voted the most hated business in the uk very recently

won't get you a trophy though Joe :LOL:

not a trophey but a huge smile right across my face from ear to ear, im just glad they owned it, humiliated utd. I'm also glad that utd equalised because it will have given my father in law some false hope, only to make his misery that much worse when it ended!

BEAUTUFUL

Last edited:
What!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am I the only one who doesnt get a hard on watching Messi - one of the most over-rated footballers ever. Yes he is good, but I would love to see how good he is for a whole season in the premiership! His goal was good, but hardly great, you see goals like that in League 1 and 2 every week.

Quite rare for Barca to win a game without bribing officials!

Fair enough... but just when he gets the ball he looks dangerous! The third goal was definitly better and VDS was sooooo close to saving it!

On FB i did meet a friend in the middle and said it was a good shot but a poor attempt by VDS.

not a trophey but a huge smile right across my face from ear to ear, im just glad they owned it, humiliated utd. I'm also glad that utd equalised because it will have given my father in law some false hope, onl to make his misery that much worse when it ended!

BEAUTUFUL

Outplayed - but then we knew that would be the case.

I'm glad United got their goal if only for my brother in laws comment which (despite my misery) still has me chuckling :LOL:

Like most United fans - not devestated as I didn't expect to win but a bit miffed / amused at all the ABU joy.

I guess this is the standard the English game has to aspire to now !

Last edited:
Outplayed - but then we knew that would be the case.

I'm glad United got their goal if only for my brother in laws comment which (despite my misery) still has me chuckling :LOL:

Like most United fans - not devestated as I didn't expect to win but a bit miffed / amused at all the ABU joy.

I guess this is the standard the English game has to try rise to now !

not just the english game, what team in the world could have beaten them tonight? i think barcelona are a bit like michael jordan, there will and has never been anyone quite like them

Fair enough... but just when he gets the ball he looks dangerous! The third goal was definitly better and VDS was sooooo close to saving it!

On FB i did meet a friend in the middle and said it was a good shot but a poor attempt by VDS.

Villas finish was outstanding!

not just the english game, what team in the world could have beaten them tonight? i think barcelona are a bit like michael jordan, there will and has never been anyone quite like them

Well, they do benefit from some very strange refereeing decisions... very dodgy sending off for Madrid, Van Persies... and then you have Chelsea a couple of years ago. I dont deny they are good, and played Arsenal off the park but if the Gooners did not have that donkey Bendtner then we may have won.

Agreed - it's a different kind of footy isn't it. What i can't decide is whether I like or not compared to the blood and thunder.

Villas finish was outstanding!

Twas a peach - better than Mr Messi's goal but no doubt he'll grab the headlines.

Last edited:
Well, they do benefit from some very strange refereeing decisions... very dodgy sending off for Madrid, Van Persies... and then you have Chelsea a couple of years ago. I dont deny they are good, and played Arsenal off the park but if the Gooners did not have that donkey Bendtner then we may have won.

sounds like sour grapes to me, if you cant admit they are the best team in the world then you are just living in denial

I think it's not just a case of them being the best team in the world (Europe to be PC) - it's also a case of them playing a very different 'type' of football to anybody else and that's what seems to leave other teams a bit flumoxed when it come to dealing with them.

Man U got played off the pitch. IMVHO their tactics were to blame, they gave Barca way too much room and instead of placing the opposition under pressure they just stood 4 yards off, unlike what Barca themselves did, they put Man U under pressure. The only way Man U had a chance of winning was to pressure Barca but they just didn't do it.

sounds like sour grapes to me, if you cant admit they are the best team in the world then you are just living in denial

No, I do admit they are the best team in the world, but unlike many people I dont seem to need some Kleenex ready when I watch them. I feel that they and especially Messi are over-hyped. Everyone is quick to knock the Stoke and Boltons for their apparent hard man approach but the fact that Barca cheat and dive gets forgotten about!

Man U got played off the pitch. IMVHO their tactics were to blame, they gave Barca way too much room and instead of placing the opposition under pressure they just stood 4 yards off, unlike what Barca themselves did, they put Man U under pressure. The only way Man U had a chance of winning was to pressure Barca but they just didn't do it.

Not sure United got their tactics wrong Alan - Barca were just so much better.

When the other team have the ball Barca work so hard to get it back and give you no time to build anything.

It's easy to say the opposition (United in this case) should press harder to get the ball back and do the same - but they are just so good at zipping it about, moving and retaining posession.

Look at any stats from a Barca game and they have about 70% of the ball.

Last edited:
I thought Man U started well, but all 3 goals were defensive errors. 1st was Pedro moving across area unmarked, 2nd was not closing down Messi (and keeper could have done better) and the 3rd was Nani not clearing properly.

Hernandez was poor I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back