The GAS confessional - all who suffer are welcome. :)

And I didn't go again.... I must confess however that the double cashback 35mm 1.4ii that I traded my older lens for isn't going to be here for another week. They had run out of stock and the double cashback was the main reason I went there. Come on now - confess!

Yes dear my spiffy light blaster was only £85......just don’t ask about the rest of the kit needed to make it work....

Keep reading about how good the X-T3 focus speed is compared to the T2, especially in AF-C..... Must resist, at least until we've sold the house....

I'll confess I'm still thinking about a 50mm prime, and maybe a wider one too, probably a mirrorless body to add to the mix. Now I just need to decide on which 50mm...

Now I have to look up lensbaby! Hoping my Photoshow lens will arrive today. Patience ....

And it's here! Applied for Cashback- very easy, thanks to the link posted in another thread.

So no weekend confessions, then?!

Hi, there is nothing to confess. I ordered a Sigma 5-6.3/150-600 C to close a wide gap in my portfolio.

I only have two AF tele-lenses, of course a lot of manuals, some hiding in dark corners of my closet ... ---

Hmm the Rollei SL66 doesnt count, right? :)
I just found out I was right. The laowa 9mm can use the Lee 100mm system without vignetting using a 49-58 stepring :D
The yongnou YN24EX is a great dual head macro flash but manual only on Fuji. The adapter from it is great with the Fuji ef-x20 making my macro setup light, compact and giving med ttl :) decisions decisions. Next Up is looking at the cine/fx adapter and see if it's possible to turn those into 49mm reversing rings and very short extension tunes, ~4mm.
Hey the extension tube donating the mountplate can be used on reversed Fuji mount lenses (manual lenses offcource) as lenshood/flashadapter Mount just need a filterring

Last edited by a moderator:
So no weekend confessions, then?!

Only winsy little things here ... Bought another Raynox 250 at the weekend, only sold one a couple months back, think this is the 4th one I've bought in a few years! Oh, and I bought a 50mm lens too after buying an AF adapter and tele lens 2 weeks back. I do have GAS, but it's on a tight budget, sometimes I'm glad I actually do not have a lot of money

Tell us more... Dave.

I love my Fuji cameras and will keep them, but I wanted a smaller camera for my pocket even though I got a case with the GRII. I have had a quick try using it on Susie my little dog today 1st B&W was bad my mistake but I do like this shot. The grip on the GRII is great as the textured grip really feels good, the high contast B&Ws will take getting use too but I`m looking forward to learning. Their are five shots of Susie on my Flickr, won`t let me login.

I love my Fuji cameras and will keep them, but I wanted a smaller camera for my pocket even though I got a case with the GRII. I have had a quick try using it on Susie my little dog today 1st B&W was bad my mistake but I do like this shot. The grip on the GRII is great as the textured grip really feels good, the high contrast B&Ws will take getting use too but I`m looking forward to learning. Their are five shots of Susie on my Flickr, won`t let me login.

Interesting that you didn't choose a small Fuji.
Does the GRII shoot in RAW and allow you to edit the images yourself if you find the monos too contrasty straight out of camera?

Interesting that you didn't choose a small Fuji.
Does the GRII shoot in RAW and allow you to edit the images yourself if you find the monos too contrasty straight out of camera?

Yes as I managed to set it up now for both Raw+Jpeg, I already have two X-T3s and a X100F and did not fancy the Fuji XF10 so got the GRII. I can edit the Raws in C1.

Can't shake GAS - follows me everywhere :( Made worse when your better half is a photographer so I can't even sneak a purchase in.

oops
just ordered a Sigma 50mm f1.4 art .............. I must learn to control myself :D

I've shot with more systems and cameras than I care to admit over the last few years ( Canon FF/CROP, Nikon FF, Panasonic M4/3, Fuji). Sometimes for specific reasons ( dabbling in video, specific cameras for a specific task eg trying weddings), but mainly because I like to try different things and I enjoy it.

I would only ever run a single system at a time, and while there's some financial impact, I'm usually astute enough to not take too much of a hit. Sometimes I get it wrong ( left Fuji as I missed FF Canon and went back to Fuji a couple of months later!) but I've generally enjoyed the trying of different gear.

Does it make much of a difference to my admittedly infrequent photography? Not as much as I'd like to think to justify the switching ;-) but looking through images there are differences between systems and brands.

Currently shooting Fuji and I'm happy enough at present, but who knows what the future will bring.

As a footnote, I notice that the more children I have ( 5 currently ) the less switching I do. I think it's a combination of less time to photograph and less funds to switch with.....

I went to the new Wex in Bristol - it was an effort with roads closed and clogged with traffic. I had just had good news from the surgeon re my knee progress and decided to treat myself... maybe to a used prime lens. We wandered and I picked up the Sony VIth in a series [can't remember the number] and was trying to work out why it was over #1000 for a small compact without a Full Fram sensor. One of the staff wonders over and says that it has a lot of features and then wanders back to the counter.... that was it. They stood together behind the counter, chatting to each other. The shop was empty apart from us... interesting way to engage people especially when we had taken so long to get there; and no we weren't short, sharp or rude in any way - we had had good news and were feeling quite chipper... so we wandered right back out! Nothing to confess!

I went to the new Wex in Bristol - it was an effort with roads closed and clogged with traffic. I had just had good news from the surgeon re my knee progress and decided to treat myself... maybe to a used prime lens. We wandered and I picked up the Sony VIth in a series [can't remember the number] and was trying to work out why it was over #1000 for a small compact without a Full Fram sensor. One of the staff wonders over and says that it has a lot of features and then wanders back to the counter.... that was it. They stood together behind the counter, chatting to each other. The shop was empty apart from us... interesting way to engage people especially when we had taken so long to get there; and no we weren't short, sharp or rude in any way - we had had good news and were feeling quite chipper... so we wandered right back out! Nothing to confess!
Went to an open day there a couple of years ago and had the same sort of response, never been back since.

Went to an open day there a couple of years ago and had the same sort of response, never been back since.
Interesting! I just dropped LCE Gosforth a line - they had helped me with a snafu on the Canon cashback - and laughed about WEx's idea of engaging customers; their guy Micheal would have persuaded me to take the lens I was interested in to the coast and try it! :ROFLMAO:

Im cured yes thank you thank you thank you. Or am I just broke? :LOL:

Having thought I was cured ;) I’ve gone for a GFX R with the proceeds from sale of old Hasselblad and some Canon gear that wasn’t getting used.

Having thought I was cured ;) I’ve gone for a GFX R with the proceeds from sale of old Hasselblad and some Canon gear that wasn’t getting used.

Back