The GAS confessional - all who suffer are welcome. :)

So
Its the eve of a trip to LCE, how do i turn back? Have got permission off the 'banker' to go and everything, just got to shed myself of the guilt and do I really need it feeling. Will see how it feels in my hand. Fuji X-H1 or Fuji X-T3!!!
how did it go...?

:giggle: Bought an X-T3 plus kit 18-55 lens., which came with the free battery grip, but not the extra batteries. LCE were also doing a deal on any of 16mm f2, 23mm f2 or 35mm f2 for half price. I got the 23mm F2, what a lovely little lens. I have to thank Jimbo_468 of this forum for the heads up on the half price lenses, because i had to ask in the shop for the deal, and they checked there emails to make sure, I wouldnt have had the lens deal without Jimbo_468 letting me know.
Its a small camera compared to my D750, but still nice to handle. Walking around with it on the end of my tripod this morning was effortless. Just trying to work out how Capture one vers 12 works now, not having much luck. Nikon Capture NXD was so simple in comparison.

I'm a happy Fuji user but recently I've been eyeing up a second camera, I keep looking at a small, micro four thirds Panasonic Lumix GX800 that can fit in my jacket pocket.

Though, my local Currys have, at the moment, reduced the Olympus Pen PL8 to £299, I almost brought one on Sunday but then imagined the wifes reaction... :D

Could have been worse (well, more expensive!!!) ;)

Long time ago now but IIRC the EOS30 was on my shortlist when I wanted to get back into photography. Ended up with a Nikon F65 because it fitted me better as well as accepting legacy lenses without an adaptor.

Long time ago now but IIRC the EOS30 was on my shortlist when I wanted to get back into photography. Ended up with a Nikon F65 because it fitted me better as well as accepting legacy lenses without an adaptor.
I love the EOS 30 (and my new 30v - one of the last film SLRs Canon made); small, lightweight and quiet (for an auto-wind film camera) with the ever so handy 7 point eye-controlled focus selection system; just look at the focus point to select it and shoot. How good and easy is that? Plus, it works on all Canon EF type mount lenses (not EF-S ones), even the latest IS L versions, which works out great if you have a full frame Canon DSLR as you can share the lenses. :D

Nikon 28mm f1.4E arrived this morning, now to decide wether to go all in with primes only and get rid of the 24-70.

Pushing my creativity by restricting my options has great appeal, not having 'every' focal length covered makes me worry that I'll miss shots, 1st world decisions eh?

Well, if you can keep the zoom for times when changing lenses will mean you miss opportunities, then perhaps you could do that and acquire those primes 2nd hand from a reputable dealer?

So this happened in the last two months...

SOLD:

• Nikon D750
  • Sigma 120-300mm f2.8 Sport
  • Tamron 70-200mm f2.8 G2
  • Tamron 28-75mm f2.8
  • Sigma TCs 1.4 and 2x

Bought:

• Nikon Z6 with FTZ
  • Nikon 200-500mm f5.6
  • Nikon 70-200mm f2.8 VRII - used
  • Nikon Z 24-70mm f4
  • Nikon Z 50mm f1.8

Ended up spending only about 600 GBP.

Last edited:
Anyone tempted by the Fuji gfx100 announced today?

I suffer from GAS. I don't think it will improve my photography I just enjoy using different stuff, helps keep my interest.

Mine's (to a small extent) modern Triumph Bonnevilles. "Only" got 3 at the moment and all are different enough not to overlap too much in function.

Might also have indulged in a little RX100.3 shaped GAS as a new holiday companion. Might even take it as the only camera in a couple of weeks... Been to the same place for many years so have explored the postcard type possibilities fairly thoroughly so will travel a bit lighter to see how I cope.

I confess, the last 2 weeks have seen the arrival of a Nikon 28mm f1.4 and a Gitzo Century Backpack.

Now I'm trying to decide whether or not I like the idea of going primes only, hmmm...

Does a pair of jeans count? Kevlar armoured with hip and knee inserts.

Does a pair of jeans count? Kevlar armoured with hip and knee inserts.
I don't dare ask what you fear she'll do to you but you seem to be an extremely difficult case of GAS since it has come to that. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
:D

They're for biking and are way more comfortable than my current pair which have a separate Kevlar lining rather than the Kevlar being incorporated into the denim. Much cooler and more flexible so I'll be able to wander around in them a bit more. Shame the riding boots aren't too good for walking!

Wish you luck.....??

In explaining three lens purchases to your better half? :ROFLMAO:

went through all this and with bass guitars as well...
if possible rethink your objectives and possibilities of reaching them

wise old toad

went through all this and with bass guitars as well...
if possible rethink your objectives and possibilities of reaching them

wise old toad

Me? I don't need to explain anything. I just like to justify purchase to myself :)

I know other people on the other hand..... Who do the complete opposite....

Me? I don't need to explain anything. I just like to justify purchase to myself :)

I know other people on the other hand..... Who do the complete opposite....

what are your external controls old chap...??..:D
justification...the action of showing something to be right or reasonable

what are your external controls old chap...??..:D
justification...the action of showing something to be right or reasonable

External? Just the volume control.......

Yes. That is to justify :)

£750 on a 40/1.2? Use it all the time - Justified.
£1500 on a 24GM for occasional Astro use? - NOT justified.
£200 on a Samyang 24/1.4 for occasional Astro? - Justified.....

Works fer me :)

Back