The GAS confessional - all who suffer are welcome. :)

How you finding it? I've been looking at the same just 10 minutes ago!
I've been a Manfrotto fan boy for many years. This has blinded me to better options.
My new system is lighter, easily as strong and works as well as the more expensive option. I couldn't be happier.

Oh no !
I have just come across the Nikon 300mm f2.8 lens, reviews are that it is super fast on focus and just what I want (need) for these rainy dull days !
I can't stop thinking about it, should I save my money for the oncoming onslaught of prices rises and a crashing economy or BUY this lens... my head hearts !

Oh no !
I have just come across the Nikon 300mm f2.8 lens, reviews are that it is super fast on focus and just what I want (need) for these rainy dull days !
I can't stop thinking about it, should I save my money for the oncoming onslaught of prices rises and a crashing economy or BUY this lens... my head hearts !

Buy it now. It will comfort you during the apocalypse.

Started 2022 looking out for a Bronica Zenzanon MC 40mm for the Bronica C that came back from servicing on the 31 Dec 2021....

Having been away for a few years from the forum and selling all my gear due to not using it,
I've now got the mojo back and got a Nikon d4 with less than 44k for a good price recently
I've gone for a 24-70 and 70-200mm for the moment
I've really no interest in the new lightweight systems
Happy with that set up...until next payday..

Week after Christmas is where you buy all the things you wanted but didn't get.
Weeks after that are spending guilt.

It'll pick up in the middle of Feb :)

I have major Gas for a Sony 70-200 F4 as I truly believe I need one for my Landscape shooting. I generally don’t shoot very wide (no wider than the 24mm I already have covered anyway) and this would allow me to concentrate on specific details more easily. So yeah…that’s what I’m sticking to :)

Probably a 24-70 VR F2.8 for the D850 - which has really impressed me. IQ, DR wise it really isn't far off the 645z and as a travel solution could be very handy. Easy to sell on too - you can mount them via an adapter to a Z mount.

Have a yearning for a 24-70 f4 z to replace my 24-50

I’ve just bought a Nikon Z7ii off the forums and a FTZ adaptor from eBay.

Now just to sell my low use D800 and 16-35 to partially fund it.

Like the way you lead with the dust cover :D
Well the dust cover has a lot of upsides compared to the Mac.

I can rest a glass of Pinotage on it without worrying about spillage.
It uses virtually no electricity.
It does not require continuous updates.
I mastered how to use it with no printed instructions.
When inverted it can be used to store vegetables.

The list is endless really.

So, nobody has anything to confess in 3 weeks?
If I listed it here everytime I brought something this thread would be beyond 300 pages.
However Monday's little extra, might be worthy of an entry here:
I saw a MTO 1000mm f/10 in perfect condition in a charity shop & had to buy it despite the unknown mount.
It turned out to be M42 with a minolta A adapter fitted (not T2 as I'd expected)

Now I need to find some more QR plates, I can hold the MTO well enough to shoot, but focusing it accurately at the same time will need a tripod!

Having picked up a M42 fisheye last month, I've now got a much wider range of M42 focal lengths than for any other mount - all the way from 7mm to 1000mm :)

If I listed it here everytime I brought something this thread would be beyond 300 pages.
However Monday's little extra, might be worthy of an entry here:
I saw a MTO 1000mm f/10 in perfect condition in a charity shop & had to buy it despite the unknown mount.
It turned out to be M42 with a minolta A adapter fitted (not T2 as I'd expected)

Now I need to find some more QR plates, I can hold the MTO well enough to shoot, but focusing it accurately at the same time will need a tripod!

Having picked up a M42 fisheye last month, I've now got a much wider range of M42 focal lengths than for any other mount - all the way from 7mm to 1000mm :)
I have not heard of one of these - perhaps a photo?

My long lusted after Nikon DF with 50mm 1.8 G lens has landed , The camera / lens combo is like new , Came fully boxed / all internal packing and with a included 32GB card also a peak design strap , Only 8263 images taken , To say I am well happy is a under statement :):nikon:

I hate these threads, I'm still contemplating that G9 purchase from last week.....

I had a G7 and whilst I wouldn't recommend that camera it was a real sports car of a camera and so fast and responsive to do... everything... so I can only imagine the the G9 is even better.

Sorry if that didn't help :D

I had a G7 and whilst I wouldn't recommend that camera it was a real sports car of a camera and so fast and responsive to do... everything... so I can only imagine the the G9 is even better.

Sorry if that didn't help :D

Everything I've read states it's a great camera and has great reviews. Just it's 2017 and would I kick myself if a G10 came out lol plus this new Olympus might be great....ah the choices

Everything I've read states it's a great camera and has great reviews. Just it's 2017 and would I kick myself if a G10 came out lol plus this new Olympus might be great....ah the choices

Even the older Panasonic cameras I have have just about everything I want, decent image quality, fast focus (although this depends on the camera and lens as a combination) and effective eye detect. Later models will probably add more bells and whistles so I suppose it depends what you want. I grew up with film and still do pretty basic photography such as one focus spot and I'll move it about as I see fit, evaluative metering or spot if I see fit and aperture or manual mode sometimes with eye detect and that's about it. I never bother with video. So, many of the bells and whistles go unused but if you like bells and whistles the very latest thing may have that extra thing you'll really like. But life may be too short to wait for the latest thing?

Last edited:
OM-1 and 40-150 F4 on pre order, may/should be a few other people from the Olympus thread with confessions today

Back