The GAS confessional - all who suffer are welcome. :)

I am giving real consideration to selling off all of my gear and just buying a Leica with a 50mm and have done with the whole merry go round………….. or just using my Ricoh grii until I break it .
I admire your aspirations, however there may be another fair-ground ride around the corner … ;)

I am giving real consideration to selling off all of my gear and just buying a Leica with a 50mm and have done with the whole merry go round………….. or just using my Ricoh grii until I break it .

This might turn out to be the best choice you've ever made, but it's drastic; and it would probably be expensive to get back to where you are now if it doesn't work out.

Why not put your existing gear into storage and run the Ricoh for a year? See how that goes and then decide?

My main issue is I want to be amazing at photographing everything and get too focussed on the gear and not the skill

I wish I had the courage to do that! I have decided to wait until life is more normal before I make any decisions; we are packing up the house [it seems like Groundhog day here] and it seems sensible not to do anything drastic.

HMMMM......So after buying a couple of DSLR's from the early 2000 Im now looking at another crop sensor one or maybe keeping my eye out for an early CCD digital back for my old Hasselblad, not to old, dont want one thats teathered, but think it could be fun........

I've just given in to temptation again & started another digital system (Pentax Q) This makes my 5th sensor size with digital Interchangeable lens cameras.
The very short flange distance & small (actually tiny) sensor allows adapting of old d mount cine lenses, as well as just about anything else! So far I've only had a very quick play using the native '01 standard prime' an 8.5mm/1.9 that gives roughly a 50mm equivalent FOV. Once my stock of adapters arrive I'll be able to start playing with alternatives - no doubt I'll find 90% of my lenses aren't sharp enough to work well, but I'm sure some of them will prove useful.
Even the quick play I've had so far has confirmed the reports I've heard that this is a very fun system :)

My Nikon F6 finally arrived from Japan yesterday, it's in excellent condition and full working order although haven't put a film in yet as testing all the functions etc.

The only issue is the selector wheel for shooting Single, Cont Low, Cont Hi etc wouldn't move at all even when pressing the release button. I was testing the other camera functions and not aware of doing anything specifically but the wheel now moves without pushing the release button but it doesn't "lock" into place so freely rotates. All the functions on it work fine so the only issue is that it's no longer locked in place.
I'm sort of torn what to do as the camera works fine and this isn't a big issue for me as I almost always shoot in single shot mode but it's annoying it's like this. I will contact the seller and see what he comes back with. If he offers some money back to compensate I'll consider that, the site did say free returns but I think it would be a hassle sending it back to Japan and even If I get a refund the exchange rate way work against me, also I had to pay Customs and Excise (£130) so I'm not sure if the camera is returned faulty if I'm able to claim that back.

Oh the joys.

Really fancying a Leica m6 for well god only knows why …….

I'm about three days off pulling the trigger on a Hasselblad 202FA.
I've only just invested in a Leica R8 plus lenses and flash.

"It never ends I tell ya!"

I have given up with the Hasselblad 202fa due to the seller being a pain.
So tomorrow I pick up my Hasselblad 500cm with 50, 80 150 and 250mm lenses plus 45 degree prism.
I truly have lost my mind.

The 2 lenses are a 50mm and 150mm

You're collection looks a lot like mine.
I draw the line at Vaseline though.:exit:
I did question that myself , Maybe if he got lucky with a lady model ?

All the film stock expired in 1994 , Doh !

You're collection looks a lot like mine.
I draw the line at Vaseline though.:exit:
Ah, Vaseline. I used to smear it on filters for a moody misty effect. The wife did wonder why I was going through so much of it ….

Yay! got my 500 cm plus loads of stuff.
Chuffed would be an understatement. The only camera I have ever owned without feeling buyers remorse.

No vaseline sadly.
I mean seriously, where do you get genuine Hasselblad vaseline?

Complete impulse purchase, but I've got myself a Fujifilm X-T100...

Had an X-T20 for a few years now but each time I use it, I'm forever trying to figure out which switch or dial I've knocked or setting I've accidently changed, the X-T100 ticked all the same boxes as the T-20 while having a simpler body and just happened to spot one at a decent price.

Best part is, they look so similar the wife shouldn't notice!

Now need to decide what to do with the T-20, sell or keep...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210930-045816_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210930-045816_Gallery.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Got an Oly E-M1ii coming today. And 3 lenses. Sending MrsL shopping in the local charity shop when they’re scheduled to arrive. Might even give her an extra 50p for a coffee.

Does anyone suffer from secret sneaky gas
I only ask as I seem to bought a bronica etrs and a Nikon fa today that I didn’t realise I wanted and have no clue how to use ……

I only ask as I seem to bought a bronica etrs and a Nikon fa today that I didn’t realise I wanted and have no clue how to use ……
You’ve demonstrated that you know how to use a keyboard, so you should pick up using a Bronica easily enough (except maybe how to load it…) :p

Secret sneaky gas? Nah - loud and proud, me!!!

Oddly, I haven't had a bad attack of the syndrome for ages - seem to have all I want (and have way more than I really need!), although a Fuji MF kit would be fun...

Secret sneaky gas? Nah - loud and proud, me!!!

Oddly, I haven't had a bad attack of the syndrome for ages - seem to have all I want (and have way more than I really need!), although a Fuji MF kit would be fun...
Iv been looking at Fuji Mf primarily the 50r

Just picked up an as new Z7 with 24-70 and FTZ for a great price, just need to find somewhere I can buy Mojo from now!

Just picked up an as new Z7 with 24-70 and FTZ for a great price, just need to find somewhere I can buy Mojo from now!
Sorry, they’re all out of stock round here. Something to do with a shortage of drive.

Got a Hasselblad D Flash 40 and flash bracket.
I'll be collecting my Epson perfection V850 pro tomorrow.

I think I'm finished with buying stuff now.:thinking:

I lied about not buying more stuff.
My second Hasselblad 500 C/M arrives tomorrow. :banghead:
We all knew you were only kidding yourself.
I'm sure your new blad will see more use than the package of lenses I got last week will - 5 projection TV lenses, in 2 job lots, totalling 6.2kg
It turned out the lighter three all have rear focal distances of around 25mm which is rather short for large format. The heavier pair over 2kg each have fantastic coverage & a rear focal distance around 150mm but are slightly too big to mount direct on my 158mm square lens-boards. I still don't know what focal length any of these are, so far I've only projected the ceiling onto paper to judge mounting distances etc.
Perhaps I'll get round to selling on the swaps and just leave myself with two, which I'll find a way to mount eventually.

We all knew you were only kidding yourself.
I'm sure your new blad will see more use than the package of lenses I got last week will - 5 projection TV lenses, in 2 job lots, totalling 6.2kg
It turned out the lighter three all have rear focal distances of around 25mm which is rather short for large format. The heavier pair over 2kg each have fantastic coverage & a rear focal distance around 150mm but are slightly too big to mount direct on my 158mm square lens-boards. I still don't know what focal length any of these are, so far I've only projected the ceiling onto paper to judge mounting distances etc.
Perhaps I'll get round to selling on the swaps and just leave myself with two, which I'll find a way to mount eventually.
What are you hoping to mount these to?

What are you hoping to mount these to?
The original intention was to mount them on my 5x4 monorail. I should be able to do that reasonably easily with the heavier ones, even though the mounting holes will foul on a standard Toyo view lensboard. The smaller ones may need to be mounted to the inside of the lensboard - which could make them awkward in use.

You never know I might try them out on smaller cameras too but they certainly won't be practical every day lenses!

I'm lusting after a Nikon 14mm f2.8 D lens but the cheapest one I can find is £539 used, I can't justify that much for a lens I don't really need.

Update........Bought it :LOL: :LOL:
Superb lens! Use one a D810 soon to be D850...enjoy its a superb WIDE lens :)

Wiltshire Harvest Sunset by Joe Turner, on Flickr

My Sigma 30mm f/1.4 DC DN C, M4/3 Mount comes today for my little E-M10 Mk2 ... been so pleased with the Sigma 60mm that I am looking forward to trying it out. ::)

Back