The General Drone-Related Thread

DJI Mini3 Pro Price List (Euros)

€739 - drone + battery
€189 Fly More Kit (no details of contents but assume same as)
€829 drone plus batter with standard controller
€999 drone plus battery with ’new’ controller with included screen

no confirmation on camera specs but ive read it may be 1/1.3” sensor. Possibly 48MP or 50MP and HDR possibilities.

Pevril Castle, Peak District. First proper outing with the DJI Mini 2. Unedited.

Attachments

• 11C0D62A-390D-4FE6-8EC3-72541EA1C20A.jpeg
    11C0D62A-390D-4FE6-8EC3-72541EA1C20A.jpeg
    189.6 KB · Views: 30
  • C94042EC-6B81-438E-A7F3-079B79BCBF07.jpeg
    C94042EC-6B81-438E-A7F3-079B79BCBF07.jpeg
    203.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 3BD37E81-D4C3-4E7C-B59C-9177503E5EFA.jpeg
    3BD37E81-D4C3-4E7C-B59C-9177503E5EFA.jpeg
    226 KB · Views: 206
  • D218EFDA-5A21-47AD-BB6A-F20C4F33EFE4.jpeg
    D218EFDA-5A21-47AD-BB6A-F20C4F33EFE4.jpeg
    206.7 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Pevril Castle, Peak District. First proper outing with the DJI Mini 2. Unedited.
Not a criticism but, is that as sharp as you can get images Ed? I am quite interested to get myself a drone, but I am a bit worried about image sharpness from that model.

Not a criticism but, is that as sharp as you can get images Ed? I am quite interested to get myself a drone, but I am a bit worried about image sharpness from that model.
I’m back home later on today so I’ll check the raw images. I’ll throw up some 100% crops if it helps?

I set everything to auto for this flight just to make life easier on my self, so I dare say improvements could be made. The jpegs look pretty sharp on my tablet, so maybe the forum is compressing them further?

I’m back home later on today so I’ll check the raw images. I’ll throw up some 100% crops if it helps?

I set everything to auto for this flight just to make life easier on my self, so I dare say improvements could be made. The jpegs look pretty sharp on my tablet, so maybe the forum is compressing them further?
Many thanks Ed, appreciated :)

The castle ramparts not the drone :rolleyes:
3bd37e81-d4c3-4e7c-b59c-9177503e5efa-jpeg.350689

The castle ramparts not the drone :rolleyes:
3bd37e81-d4c3-4e7c-b59c-9177503e5efa-jpeg.350689
You mean on the Keep? I see what you mean now - I hadn’t even noticed them! Not very medieval…

Last edited:
I think that's part of the beauty of the drone - seeing things from a different perspective and the previously unseen.
Absolutely. Looking forward to getting home and looking at them on a big monitor.

Reactions: RIR
Many thanks Ed, appreciated :)
Ok, so here are few comparison shots at full size, 100% and 200%. I'd go as far as to say that they are not soft, however if you pixel-peep (e.g. >100%) you begin to see the limitation of the sensor resolution (12MP iirc). I might try some tests running a few images through Lightroom using the Enhance/SuperResolution function.

Attachments

• Castle_Oblique_Full_Size.jpg
    Castle_Oblique_Full_Size.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 17
  • CastleOblique_100.jpg
    CastleOblique_100.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 16
  • CastleOblique_200.jpg
    CastleOblique_200.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 16
Many thanks Ed, I appreciate that :)

I applied for an operator ID this afternoon, does anyone know roughly how long it will take to come through?

TIA

Ah it just arrived, I was starting to think it might come through the post.

Got 3.5 hours on my Mini 2 (with additional batteries etc). Why do I want the Mini 3? Apart from GAS... GAS is enough of a reason!

I don't have a drone so weighing up the options, some gas ... ;-)

I was looking at buying a drone, but on checking the DJi fly safe map it shows a large round circle in blue, then a darker blue area with a large red strip and connected to the red strip is a grey strip, does anyone know what the grey area indicates as it doesn't specify what it is on the DJi site.

Kielder Water, Northumberland. Mavic Air 2.A866180A-3BD2-4A97-9FE3-FD019CE17FE4.jpeg

Last edited:
Anyone else crumble and order the mini 3 pro today?

I've ordered the version with the new controller, my phone needs to be a phone so the extra £150 seems like a better solution than a second phone or a tablet for the other controller.

It's my first drone but I did fly electric helis about ten years ago and I've flown fixed wing RC balsa stuff on and off since I were a lad.

Looking forward to trying the new drone, the specs. look great!

Last edited:
Anyone else crumble and order the mini 3 pro today?
Nope. I've behaved. With such low flight time on my mini 2, I'm going to give it more of a chance this summer. If I find I've used the 2, then may splurge on the 3 over winter/spring for next year. There's quite a cost differential. I'd want the new remote too as faffing on with phone is a pain point for me. And additional batteries.

I'm glad there's a drone thread I can go through for inspiration. Just joined and I bought a DJi Mini SE earlier in the year. I deliberately went for the SE as I wasn't sure how much use it will get, still aren't but the intention is there. Mostly been using it for stills but the aim is to use it for some video stoy telling along with my E M5 III.

I've ordered the version with the new controller, my phone needs to be a phone so the extra £150 seems like a better solution than a second phone or a tablet for the other controller.

It's my first drone but I did fly electric helis about ten years ago and I've flown fixed wing RC balsa stuff on and off since I were a lad.

Looking forward to trying the new drone, the specs. look great!
We don't have phone signal here so I am a very light user of my mobile and rarely get calls at all never mind during 20 minutes or so it is used as drone monitor.
- yesterday I was with someone while using his he got several notifications probably instagram and a phone call while flying I would find that very distracting :rolleyes:
The all in one looks to be very bright screen a major plus point, it has always been an issue that you are typically using it on a very bright day and can hardly see it.

Anyone had a delivery notification for the 3 pro fly more kit? I could had had the drone tomorrow but I don't want it without the fly more kit, Jessops (first place I found to pre order from) say their fly more kits will arrive next week.

We don't have phone signal here so I am a very light user of my mobile and rarely get calls at all never mind during 20 minutes or so it is used as drone monitor.
- yesterday I was with someone while using his he got several notifications probably instagram and a phone call while flying I would find that very distracting :rolleyes:
The all in one looks to be very bright screen a major plus point, it has always been an issue that you are typically using it on a very bright day and can hardly see it.
A lot of people, including me, put the 'phone into Airplane mode when flying...

I have only had what, I would call a toy drone before with a terrible camera, so could do with advice on the Dji mini 3 pro, I have watched a few YouTube vids saying, the distance that it can fly is not what is advertised and start to break up image and lose signal at around 350 to 400 meters. How far would you want it to fly. I thought you have to keep it in sight, please let me know how far you fly your drone. I have seen that you can buy an app for your mobile that makes the drone fly further but on the remote with built in screen I don’t know if this will be possible, Thank you for any advice

Back