The Going To The Cinema & General Film Thread

Went to see 'The Favourite' yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. Not for people that are offended by profanity though!

Went to see 'The Favourite' yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. Not for people that are offended by profanity though!

I watched a trailer for this other day, not big on period dramas, but this looks hilarious :D

Saw Rocketman today, thoroughly enjoyed it. Also saw a trailer for Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, looks really good.

I just watched the remastered Kind Hearts and Coronets. Looked amazing.

Just booked tickets for Apollo 11, very excited about that one, old enough to remember the actual event at the time (and 13)

I went to see the documentary 'What We Left Behind: Looking Back at Deep Space Nine' on Wednesday and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was only playing in cinemas for one night afaik. I got to the cinema about 25 mins before it started and was told there was a quiz in the bar. Before we went in we were told that one of the actors from Deep Space Nine, Aron Eisenberg, (Nog) would be answering some questions, I thought in person, but turned out to be via Skype. Still great though, I doubt many other of the screenings around the country had something similar.

As well as talking to the cast, they also scanned some clips from the original series to HD to show in the documentary, and the quality jump was startling. They had one of the original cinematographers help with the grading of the scans, and even though it was shot on film, this chap had never seen the quality of the film as they only got the video back to edit and broadcast. I think the original aim of the documentary was to try and urge CBS to scan and release the series on Blu-Ray.

Some of the original writers also got together to sketch out the first episode of a eighth series now, and how the story would continue now, 20 years later. I thought it was all brilliant.

I think it is getting released on DVD and Blu-Ray next month for anyone who wasn't lucky enough to get to see it in the cinema.

Edited because I forgot to put the actors name in. :rolleyes: :)

Last edited:
I saw Apollo 11 tonight. Loved it. I’ll be honest, it’s not as good as For All Mankind, but it’s an excellent watch.

Is nothing sacred?

Disney have announced that they are going to remake Home Alone.

Watched "yesterday" the other day, enjoyable light hearted romcom that passed a couple of hours pleasantly.

I brought the kids to see Toy Story 4 a coupe weeks back, hadn't been to the cinema in a long while. I enjoyed it more than I thought I might. I would say it's better than 3, it's still got some schmaltz of course

The new Star Wars trailer is out. As a fan of the series, I’m really not excited about it. Of course I’ll go, but I see nothing exciting in the trailer.

The new Star Wars trailer is out. As a fan of the series, I’m really not excited about it. Of course I’ll go, but I see nothing exciting in the trailer.

After The Force Awakens and Solo I have decided not to see any more of the new Star Wars films. It's just not really enjoyable in this style.

I think the current Star Wars trilogy is better than the 2nd trilogy, but not a patch on the 1st three. The main thing I don't like about the current films though is Kylo Ren. He has the manner of a spoilt brat and the anger control to go with it. Pity because I think Adam Driver is a good actor.

I will go and see it, because it should be visually stunning at least.

I think the current Star Wars trilogy is better than the 2nd trilogy, but not a patch on the 1st three. The main thing I don't like about the current films though is Kylo Ren. He has the manner of a spoilt brat and the anger control to go with it.

But, that's his character?

I think the current Star Wars trilogy is better than the 2nd trilogy, but not a patch on the 1st three. The main thing I don't like about the current films though is Kylo Ren. He has the manner of a spoilt brat and the anger control to go with it. Pity because I think Adam Driver is a good actor.

I will go and see it, because it should be visually stunning at least.
Anakin was the same.
I like him.

Saw The Rise of Skywalker this afternoon and bloody loved it.

Just back from watching the latest Star Wars film. I wasn’t expecting much after the last debacle, but I ended up enjoying it.

Saw a trailer for 1917 before the recent Star Wars film, won't be bothering, not my thing at all

Just watched 1917 - really enjoyed it but not quite as good as I expected - cinematography brilliant but acting wasn't quite top notch IMHO.

Back