The mpb sponsored competition with exciting prizes

@saltireblue You are correct to spot this, and we did point it out to MPB but too late to get any change approved by the bosses there. However that would perhaps be academic because the prize is offered by MPB UK, so to be spent at the UK site, and I imagine anything you bought from there would then attract customs charges on being sent to another country, so not a very practical proposition. As the UK, Europe and USA operations are to all intents and purposes separate businesses, and this is a predominately UK site, I doubt the European and USA businesses would see much to be gained in sponsoring prizes.

I am though drawing @mpb.com 's attention to it, in case they want to chip in with a suggestion to resolve the issue for European or American TP'ers.

Many thanks for your reply, @lindsay . Having worked in marketing myself, I fully understand the geographical restrictions often applied when a company like mpb has individual set-ups in various countries and marketing/advertising budgets are strictly local, as opposed to universal. You are also correct about the customs charges and local VAT that would apply on items bought from the UK site.

Not a moan or gripe, just a comment...
I was all ready to enter, had the image all planned, then saw mpb's full T&Cs, and there it states UK residents only. What a shame for us living in Europe, as mpb are a pan-european concern with a dedicated European site which we get redirected to from the UK one. Just think it would have been nice for us to be included...
Perhaps something they could consider if and when they run another competition in conjunction with TP.

Good luck to all the entrants, and I look forward to seeing the winners...
What a bummer.... But you are a TP resident, and if TP is UK based etc. In which case in my reckoning, you should be fine ;)

The rules & T&C's
The competition will run from 00:01 Weds 22nd of June to 11:59 Weds 20th July.
You must have been a member before the competition was announced to take part.
( as of 13:00 20/06/22)
The image must have been taken between those two dates / times.
Anything posted outside these times or conditions will be deleted.
@Hogboy
As per the rules, I have deleted your image.
By your own admission, the image falls outside the rules.
Feel free to re-submit another image but within the T&C's this time .

Last edited:
@Cobra I managed to make some photos over the last week, woohoo!

But just read: 'Add an image of your equipment used at the time and on the day.'

Does this mean, I needed to take a photo of my kit there and than? Or can I take a photo of the equipment I used now for the photo I taken last week? does that make sense? I didn't take a photo of my kit on the day.

Does this mean, I needed to take a photo of my kit there and than?
That is the general idea, yes, however, if you take one later, wouldn't have been the only one to have done that.

Hi all,

We've got exactly one week left for you to submit entries to the competition so if you're still undecided—just go for it!

I'd also like to reveal that the photos will all go to our resident senior photog Ian Howorth (IG: @ihoworth) who will then choose a winner!

We're looking very much forward to the reveal.

~Jamil

Thanks Jamil, & I'll update the header notice to that effect.

I guess if you think you have an image that could win the top prize at LPoTY, then you won’t be entering it in this competition. What’s with the stroppy tone? No need for it.
Totally agree. Personally, if someone liked one of my shots enough to want to use it, that'd be a big enough win for me, let alone a nice prize to boot.

Plenty of people on this thread should join the People's front of Judea (if you don't know what it is, don't guess, look it up).
What did MPB ever do for us? lol. I'll be entering, when I get a pic sorted.
F@@K Orff! We're the Judean Peoples Front! The Popular Judean Peoples Front are over there!!

Despite the good weather I've still not sorted a suitable image :(
You had better pull you finger out then ;) Only got this weekend and the rest of next week. Plus Monday and Tuesday are pretty much written off due to the weather.

You had better pull you finger out then ;) Only got this weekend and the rest of next week. Plus Monday and Tuesday are pretty much written off due to the weather.
Only until Wednesday. I've just put my image in - but still umming and aahing on my second choice - but that's it - done now. I'll post my second choice in amongst a separate thread of London images later.

Well done and good luck to all the entrants, so far.
@Norkie Jak, you are missing the image of your kit used, its an integral part of the competition.
There is still time to edit it in.

Everyone,
If you haven't entered and intend to, don't forget this closes at 23:59 Weds. 20/07/22

No good looking surprised @Norkie its in the T&C's page one :)

Sorry and thanks ;)

I've still got an entry to put in but the gear photo just didn't work so will redo it tomorrow.
More variety incoming.
@Cobra - 23:59 or 11:59 (ie noon)? wasn't sure about that one

Last edited:
Last shout for those that haven't entered, but intend to.
I shall be locking the entry thread @ 23:59 TODAY

Truly excellent! But have you included your shutter speed? :thinking:
Ooh. Thanks, yes, added now.

Also added a disclosure - The equipment bag and lenses was more organised in a later shot so I blended that into the main one. It's just the arrangement of the L lens, filters and the nifty fifty. The single shot without the blend is on the flikr feed for any so interested.

Last edited:
Got my equipment photo - so will post later...

you can see how close I was too him!
I've not seen any of mine for a couple or so days, but hoggy the brave sits under my doorstep.
I've nearly trodden on him more than once.
And that doesn't deter him from feeding either :D

Back