The New Top Gear

Well, I know it's not scientific, not having a statistically significant sample size; a sample of one, and I'm not conducting an analysis for a Phd.

For the first time since I started watching T.G. I turned over.

Utter s***e. I don't think the same format can work with different presenters.
<pedant> Statistically significant refers to the statistical outcome or result not the sample size </pedant> :D

New episode, some old top gear reg plate conspiracy... BRX 522T(Chris's RR)... I'm sure I'm not the only saddo who noticed though

New episode, some old top gear reg plate conspiracy... BRX 522T(Chris's RR)... I'm sure I'm not the only saddo who noticed though

Wouldn't be too sure about that, time to get your tinfoil hat on again:rolleyes:

Wouldn't be too sure about that, time to get your tinfoil hat on again.

Wouldn't be too sure about that, time to get your tinfoil hat on again.

Reported a bug in......"The server responded with an error. The error message is in the JavaScript console."

Apparently MLB says he'll quit if they don't get rid of Evans. Hopefully they will get rid of Evans. He doesn't seem to own any clothes other than the ones he stands up in. Perhaps they could buy some new ones to leave in?

I'm definitely warming to MLB, and even Chris Harris (I actually loved his M2 is the new M3 part), already like Rory anyway...But Chris, just go away please ...

Another one here warming to MLB.
He seems to get it, and was very entertaining in the Roller last night!
Definitely the sort you could have a beer with.
Chris Harris and Rory are also very watchable

I read this about MLB too, don't blame him, he and the other presenters wouldn't be the first to say Evans can be difficult to work with.

Think he's fitting into TG really well, doesn't mind having his leg pulled about being American and seems to be genuinely enjoying himself.

He is without a doubt a lot more famous and has a lot more talent than Evans so on that basis and the fact the majority of viewers aren't felling the love for Evans, Evans needs to go if they want to keep TG alive.

I'm enjoying this series especially MLB and Chris Harris (who is a cross between Clarkson and Quentin Wilson!) and I think Rory is warming up too!

I just find Chris Evans voice grating and he always comes across as trying too hard (apart from his dress sense - looks like he's about to go and get under a car and do some fettling rather than present a TV show!) In a way I think that Eddie Jordan can come across as trying too hard but he does know his stuff and adds another dimension to it. Sabine is superb - she has a fab sense of humour and I think fits well with MLB and Chris.

Lets see how the rest of the episodes unfold...

Lets see how the rest of the episodes unfold...

Well, there's only one more episode this series as they failed to complete the filming schedule. There were supposed to be eight...

I didn't watch Sunday's episode. Is it worth seeing?

Last edited:
Spoiler alert. For the last episode, there's a big fight scene at the end, where they kill off Chris Evans.

Spoiler alert. For the last episode, there's a big fight scene at the end, where they kill off Chris Evans.
Damn, that will mean he is in the next series if there is a next series....

In the next series, he has to come back in time and kill himself off. They hired the wardrobe department from the Walking Dead to provide his attire.

At least he'll be better dressed. Let's hope the reports of MLB not agreeing to a 2nd series if the spoilt ginger prince is still around are true. They'll take MLB over him any day. As will the fans!

I'm definitely warming to MLB, and even Chris Harris (I actually loved his M2 is the new M3 part), already like Rory anyway...But Chris, just go away please ...
I Agree Chris Harris m2 segment was excellent. MLB is ok but I would lose him too along with all the others. Harris and Rory would do fine on there own.

I Agree Chris Harris m2 segment was excellent. MLB is ok but I would lose him too along with all the others. Harris and Rory would do fine on there own.
I like the non-car angle with MLB. I think it would become too technical, too car orientated if it was just Harris and Rory. I know how ridiculous it sounds what I am saying, but come on a car programme about cars is a bit boring :)

BBC should cut their losses and make this the last series of TG. Maybe pop up in 12-15 months with a completely new show and a new name with new presenters of course.

I just caught up with the main show and the extra show. Another very dull episode. Unfortunately CE was in the films too this week.

But what on earth were the editorial team thinking of? The best and most exciting (well, only exciting) segment was left on the cutting room floor then relegated to Extra Gear - that would be the two F1 superstars racing against each other in the featured super lightweights. Did they not realise who they had filmed?! Unbelievable.

It might be that Evans has editorial input.

I think they should dump him and carry on with the others. I don't think Eddie Jordan is worth keeping either.

Next series with Sabine s and Jodie Kidd with MLB and Rory Reid and the other Chris could be worth watching.

Well, what about the other JC, who is good at silly walks?
There is also a JC would could kick your head in when you continue like that :p

Well, what about the other JC, who is good at silly walks?

If he was interested in cars that would have been quite an inspired move. Definitely would be better than the current crop.

Though his idea of thrashing a car isn't quite the usual TG style :p...

Reactions: Nod
Really enjoyed tonight's episode. Chris Evans is still the weakest link. Really warning to Matt Leblanc and even Chris Harris.

Really liked the look of the NSX. But it is still a Honda. The mustang however, I really really like that. And so cheap.

MLB gets better every week. Evans is pretty much gone as the allegations about his unpleasant habits with his co-workers are making the bbc think he should step down from his radio show as well.

MLB gets better every week. Evans is pretty much gone as the allegations about his unpleasant habits with his co-workers are making the bbc think he should step down from his radio show as well.

Well let's see what the Beeb do about CE now, they should treat him the same as they did JC, in the interest of fairness.

JC was effectively let go due to *allegations* of a physical assault (ok he admitted it, but it was never proven in a court of law as there was no criminal complaint) and I'd say an allegation of sexual assault is far worse.

Over to you BBC controller!

Reactions: BBR
Well let's see what the Beeb do about CE now, they should treat him the same as they did JC, in the interest of fairness.

JC was effectively let go due to *allegations* of a physical assault (ok he admitted it, but it was never proven in a court of law as there was no criminal complaint) and I'd say an allegation of sexual assault is far worse.

Over to you BBC controller!
They've already confirmed that they will stand by Chris...well reportedly so.

Back