The Official Fuji X Pro 1 Thread

I'm short sighted -5 and when I look through the viewfinder on my XP1 things aren't sharp, so as the viewfinder is -1 if I add a +1 when looking through with my glasses on it should be sharp ?
No, you're going to need to go the other way.

If you can go into a place which sells cheap reading glasses off the peg, try on a few pairs over your normal specs and then go for the correction lens nearest the value which gives the clearest view.

lol I'll go into Boots with my camera and start swapping reading glasses while looking through the viewfinder of my XP1, I reckon I'd get locked up !

I see your point. Assuming you DON'T want to use your reading specs BUT they offer a clear view, then add +1 to your +3.5 to get +4.5 correction lens. In this case I'd be tempted to round down to +4 "just in case".

EDIT no, go to +3 as your reading glasses have already effectively added a +1.
Thankyou for your help Stephen,i will order +3.
Absolutely loving this cam with the 56mm on .

Was forced to buy a 50mm f2 for mine today, as we visited Carlisle and Wilkinsons, which we just happened to pass, had one in stock. Balances beautifully.
lmao @ forced to ! Next time I come home with something shiny and expensive I'll tell SWMBO I was forced into buying it :eek:

I can only add that
I use glasses for reading only
My prescription was +2.25
I bought a +2 and a +3 dioptre
I settled on the +2 and returned the +3 but there wasn't much in it
Viewfinder is fine now

SWMBO was with me but I told her and the dog to wait outside ....
Obviously the L in Stephen L stands for "Legend" lol
I reckon if I tried that, unlike Mistetoe, it would be a different appendage of mine that would be misssing :eek:

Last edited:
Im loving the feel of this camera,cant put it down
I know what you mean, I sold mine when I bought the XP2 but bought another soon after. I'm using it with my 18mm F2 permanently attached for monochrome shots. I also bought the X-T2, it's undoubtedly a great camera, but I much prefer the XP form factor and handling, plus they look so cool :)

I must also chip in.
I had a lovely XPRO 1 and couldn't have any other shape and form of [emoji328]
Loving the XPRO 2 now
I also love the changing of settings with proper dials etc i am 55 [emoji16]

Last edited:
silly question perhaps but why did fuji choose -1 for the setting in camera?
I was waiting for that question. I reckon they must think that is the average correction required by the non-bespectacled.

Obviously the L in Stephen L stands for "Legend" lol
I reckon if I tried that, unlike Mistetoe, it would be a different appendage of mine that would be misssing :eek:
Fair play, I let her look round the charity shops when we're out in case she wants some new clothes. Well, two shops per town - she has to be reasonable.

Is it possible to make the photo review on the LCD not rotate the image so a portrait image is displayed "side ways" but full size of the LCD?

I found the option on the X-T1 but not on the X-pro 1.

I tried a +3 a +2 and then the +1 was spot on so basically the -1 of the default and the +1 i put on made it normal lol,why didn't Fuji just set it to normal lol

I tried a +3 a +2 and then the +1 was spot on so basically the -1 of the default and the +1 i put on made it normal lol,why didn't Fuji just set it to normal lol
Because to be normal is abnormal.

d8PZZBM.jpg

dlgixkq.jpg

UQS3wbg.jpg

3cLMdIl.jpg

The good news is that the eyepiece is now fixed and not prone to accidental adjustment like on the X-Pro2

The good news is that the eyepiece is now fixed and not prone to accidental adjustment like on the X-Pro2
Although it's prone to loosening. I put a dod of Loctite on mine. Incidentally, my "new" Pro2 has a tighter diopter adjuster than my first one.

Back