The Official Fuji X Pro 1 Thread

New to this thread - just wanted to say thanks for the dipoter info - just ordered a +1 for my XP1. I've been using the camera with my glasses on - not ideal, and I've worn away the rubber around the standard lens. Hopefully a +1 will be enough to allow me to go back to discarding the glasses, as I do for my other cameras (though, ideally, I have to put them on when reviewing images on the camera LCD screen). Do love the XP-1 even if it can be frustrating.

yes it took me 3 tries to get it right and the +1 did it,I don't usually wear glasses apart from small print etc

Regards a merge of both X-Pro1 and possible X-Pro2 thread, here's the mod's reply;

"Yes, they are very similar models, but the Official X-Pro 1 thread is over 4000 posts long, and the Official X-Pro 2 thread is currently at 1600, with both threads being active yesterday.
We've discussed this in the staff room, and decided it would be better for members looking for model specific info if they remain separate".

:(

Regards a merge of both X-Pro1 and possible X-Pro2 thread, here's the mod's reply;

"Yes, they are very similar models, but the Official X-Pro 1 thread is over 4000 posts long, and the Official X-Pro 2 thread is currently at 1600, with both threads being active yesterday.
We've discussed this in the staff room, and decided it would be better for members looking for model specific info if they remain separate".

:(

I'm sure that it would be quite time-consuming to merge them - how on earth would you do it? The Fuji X100 has two threads as well and picking which one to use when you want to add a post is difficult

I'm sure that it would be quite time-consuming to merge them - how on earth would you do it? The Fuji X100 has two threads as well and picking which one to use when you want to add a post is difficult
But the X-T cameras, which number 4 models, are all in one thread. Oh well ...

I thought the exact same......!!
Yes but they started off in one thread - that's the difference. Personally, I agree that it would be better to merge the XP1/2 threads but there is a huge amount of work involved if you are going to do it on a date-posted basis.

Yes but they started off in one thread - that's the difference. Personally, I agree that it would be better to merge the XP1/2 threads but there is a huge amount of work involved if you are going to do it on a date-posted basis.
Well, they could close the existing threads to new posts and start a new one to cover all X-Pro cameras.

here's my thought; the gulf in price between these two models is such that they currently address utterly different customer bases. They are also about as far apart in tech as any Fuji cameras and their follow ups can be.

perhaps we should have x-trans I/II/III threads instead but that wouldn't be very new user friendly either.

here's my thought; the gulf in price between these two models is such that they currently address utterly different customer bases. They are also about as far apart in tech as any Fuji cameras and their follow ups can be.

perhaps we should have x-trans I/II/III threads instead but that wouldn't be very new user friendly either.

And Fuji Non Trans :)

I took this some weeks ago but just converted it to B&W - X-Pro1 and 10-24 converted in Efex

Titchfield%20Church%20BampW_zpsptkxj29h.jpg

I love the way the wide lens captures the sky

hi all to save me trolling through the threads, whats a recommended thumb rest for the pro1.i read its best to get i think 62mm.lengthwise so your not putting so much pressure on the flash fixture?
the ep75 is ideal but almost a ton to buy :)

Last edited:
hi all to save me trolling through the threads, whats a recommended thumb rest for the pro1.i read its best to get i think 62mm.lengthwise so your not putting so much pressure on the flash fixture?

I have the lensmate, expensive though but it's perfect.

I use a lensmate which was actually bought as an X100S one, but which fits perfectly. It's got a rubber buffer at the thumb end which stops excessive twisting.

The whole thing is machined metal, fits absolutely perfectly with the camera, no wiggle.

aFOIBe6.jpg

swJd06m.jpg

I have the thumbsup on my XP-2 it was originally on my XP-1, it's ridicoulously expensive and it started brassing after about 1 year. I have had the Lensmate thumb and its significantly cheaper and just as good. The black finish seems to be powder coating and doesn't wear off. I'm waiting for one to arrive for my X-T2

OT i inow but do you still use Cleanmymac2?
I installed it, it subsequently removed or altered settings to my detriment. I uninstalled it but it still tries to remind me every month to use it, despite me following every suggestion on the web. As far as I'm concerned it's malware.

Yes ive been reading some stuff by very experienced people who say most of these prorams arent needed and can cause peoblems

It's my own fault. As an ex-IT manager I should have known better. Whilst Windows operating systems, by their very nature (and I don't want to start a war) need or at least benefit strongly from regular attention to their registries and file systems, the Mac O/S, and indeed most Unix-based systems, don't. They are largely self-healing. The way programs interface with the operating system is totally different. Mac and Linux seldom allow a program to amend settings in the o/s. Windows is designed to do this - and most of the time it works well.

It's my own fault. As an ex-IT manager I should have known better. Whilst Windows operating systems, by their very nature (and I don't want to start a war) need or at least benefit strongly from regular attention to their registries and file systems, the Mac O/S, and indeed most Unix-based systems, don't. They are largely self-healing. The way programs interface with the operating system is totally different. Mac and Linux seldom allow a program to amend settings in the o/s. Windows is designed to do this - and most of the time it works well.
Good points,so any maintenance tips?

Good points,so any maintenance tips?
For a Mac? Not really, just regular backups, make sure updates are applied promptly, use a good anti virus program (Sophos is industrial strength and free for Macs), and if you're paranoid occasional use of the first-aid option on your hard disks. And reboot every week or so.

For a Mac? Not really, just regular backups, make sure updates are applied promptly, use a good anti virus program (Sophos is industrial strength and free for Macs), and if you're paranoid occasional use of the first-aid option on your hard disks. And reboot every week or so.
I reboot every day lol.never used an anti virus program in 6 years:)
Thanks Stephen

I find a lot of mac software isn't very efficient at releasing memory, so for the past few years I've been using memory clean, it's free and it works, it's definitely cut down on the number of spinning beachballs I've encountered, especially when running aperture.

I find a lot of mac software isn't very efficient at releasing memory, so for the past few years I've been using memory clean, it's free and it works, it's definitely cut down on the number of spinning beachballs I've encountered, especially when running aperture.
I don't have that trouble, but then I don't run Aperture. Not because it's no good; just because it's not available and was discontinued before I bought into Mac. I'm happy with Lightroom, though it does need closing down every so often to allow it to back-up the catalogue and to "stabilise" it, as it does tend to misbehave if it's been worked for too long without a break.

OK Chris - I have just tried that myself - I never thought of using my 55-200 on my XP1 as I was sure it wouldn't cope very well but aside from having to use the EVF, it worked perfectly. Manual focus (using BBF) and f5.6 - this is my Clematis Montana today:-

Montana%201024_zpsarxheraq.jpg

OK Chris - I have just tried that myself - I never thought of using my 55-200 on my XP1 as I was sure it wouldn't cope very well but aside from having to use the EVF, it worked perfectly. Manual focus (using BBF) and f5.6 - this is my Clematis Montana today:-

Montana%201024_zpsarxheraq.jpg
love this, early Clematis?

Back