The Official Fuji X Pro 1 Thread

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Just dusted off my X-Pro1 to use again - it's the one camera I have I'd rescue in a house fire!

Absolutely love that camera despite its foibles :)

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
Just dusted off my X-Pro1 to use again - it's the one camera I have I'd rescue in a house fire!

Absolutely love that camera despite its foibles :)
I agree, foibles is a great word as well lol

Name
Raymond
Edit My Images
No
Why am I more excited about getting a 35/1.4 R than I was getting my Canon 35L mk2....

I think it may be to do with how retro cool it'll look on my X-Pro 1 with that square metal hood.

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
Definitely foibles, I quite like the X-Pro2, but it's a lot like the X-Pro1 without foibles and foibles are good :D
It's a great lens, it produces lovely images, if you can put up with its slow focus and the whirring clicky clattering noise it makes. Unfortunately I couldn't and to be honest 35mm on an crop,sensor isn't a focal length I'm fond of.

Name
Raymond
Edit My Images
No
It's a great lens, it produces lovely images, if you can put up with its slow focus and the whirring clicky clattering noise it makes. Unfortunately I couldn't and to be honest 35mm on an crop,sensor isn't a focal length I'm fond of.
I also have the 23 and 35 WR 2.0 lenses, I just like the metal hood...and 50mm focal length on street works quite well. 35mm is my prefer go to focal length but the 23mm R and WR looks like arse and I find the WR lenses too small, there's nothing to hold on to with my left hand.

Last edited:
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Why am I more excited about getting a 35/1.4 R than I was getting my Canon 35L mk2....

I think it may be to do with how retro cool it'll look on my X-Pro 1 with that square metal hood.
It's a great lens, I like the whirring and crunching of the AF and even more the photographs it's capable of making. I rarely shoot mine above f2.8 such is my love for the look wide open or close to it produces :D

Name
Raymond
Edit My Images
No
It's a great lens, I like the whirring and crunching of the AF and even more the photographs it's capable of making. I rarely shoot mine above f2.8 such is my love for the look wide open or close to it produces :D
I had it for a day and I like it, just been on my mind for ages and I thought I buy it and get it over with. It will sell for roughly the same I paid anyway so risk is low.

I might leave it permanently on the X-Pro 1 though as they seem to be made for each other, design wise. It reminds me of old Leica cameras.

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
I had it for a day and I like it, just been on my mind for ages and I thought I buy it and get it over with. It will sell for roughly the same I paid anyway so risk is low.

I might leave it permanently on the X-Pro 1 though as they seem to be made for each other, design wise. It reminds me of old Leica cameras.
It seems a bit marmite for some. Personally I love it, I think it's Fuji's best lens. Then again, I love the old 18mm f2 and that creaks and groans even more :D

Name
Raymond
Edit My Images
No
It seems a bit marmite for some. Personally I love it, I think it's Fuji's best lens. Then again, I love the old 18mm f2 and that creaks and groans even more :D
I read that although it's not the sharpest lens but any softness has a nice pleasing look to it.

We'll see.

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
I read that although it's not the sharpest lens but any softness has a nice pleasing look to it.

We'll see.
Yeah, sharp in the middle less so in the corners but actually I like that. Great little lens for the money they go for second hand now.

Name
Mick
Edit My Images
No
I have been absent from this forum for quite a while simply because I had forgotten that I had joined!!

Too be honest I spend most of my free time on HifiWigwam on their photography forum.

But somehow/somewhere today the name talkphotography cropped up & I sort of recognised it, hence me being here, again!!

Anyhow to why I'm here in this section of the forum.

I have had an XPro1, second hand mind, for over three years now & it has to be the best camera that I have had.

I like street/candid photography & whenever I am out & about the XPro1/35mm f/1.4 lens attached is with me.

I have had it set on RAW but find that the JPEG images are more than good enough for me.

Feel free to have a look at some of them on my Flickr account, just look on Flickr for...........................Mick Batey....................aka Willie Garvin

It's nice to be back here.

Cheers,

willie g

Last edited:
Edit My Images
Yes
+1 X-Pro 1 and 35/1.4 are a match made in heaven. Then 14/2.8 if I really have to separate the two

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
Spent yesterday walking the Purbecks with my X-Pro1/10-24 and my X100F. I tried using a Polarizer filter on both cameras but it rather overdid things and my success rate was poor. Still, I've learned a lesson so mustn't grumble. Here is one taken with the X-Pro1 from just above Kimmeridge with the Clavell Tower in the distance - the conditions were very hazy - a lovely walk though:)

Stephen L

I asked a Stupid Question Once...
Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
Yes
River Ribble at Settle. The main point in posting this was to illustrate the potential of the Hoya 24mm f2.8 lens when coupled to a Zhongyi LensTurbo on an X-Pro1.

River Ribble at Settle by Stephen Lee, on Flickr

Name
Adam Bonn
Edit My Images
No
My X-Pro1 has long since been replaced by my X-Pro2

I was going through my archives recently and found a few X-Pro1 RAFs I'd never got round to editing

I miss that hard to define, slightly more ""organic"" looking X-Trans I sensor look... it may not have the acuity or DR of the later cameras, but it just makes a pleasing image!

Surf School by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

Beach Scooter by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
Just love those colours.
Yes, the 10-24 and X-Pro1 is a great combo - but I still don't like carting it around when I'm out walking - that is why I've acquired an XF18mm which hopefully will provide me with a lighter solution albeit at the expense of IQ and reach - I'll give it a try anyway.

Name
Keith
Edit My Images
No

Sometimes I wish I had 2x 35mm f/1.4 for my Fujis. It's usually on my XT-1, but as I prefer that for manual focus shooting than the pro1, I switch them over a lot. The 35 sits on the Xpro1 when I'm MF shooting with the T1. I love the lens, it's the best 35 I've owned along with maybe the Sigma 35 1.4 'Art' - which I used on my old D800E - a perfect match. This fuji 35 1.4 is every bit as sharp IMHO, and I think I prefer it's rendering. It shoots beautifully on both cameras, it is a lot faster to lock on with the XT-1, but using either set up I have never been irritated or put off by any hunting or noise that you hear people over dramatize about.

I have considered the 18mm F2 for the pro 1 as a more perma fixture, but I heard they plan to release a MKII version so holding out a bit.

Last edited:
Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
Another couple of shots from my walkabout in Blewbury yesterday...with the X-Pro1 and XF18mm.

Anyone for Croquet???

Herbaceous border

How the other 'arf live ehhh :)

Last edited:
Edit My Images
No
Was in manchester trafford centre yesterday and John Lewis got a X Pro 1 with original package for £250 that comes with 2 year warranty. Just want to mention this if anyone is interest and is in manchester.

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
Was in manchester trafford centre yesterday and John Lewis got a X Pro 1 with original package for £250 that comes with 2 year warranty. Just want to mention this if anyone is interest and is in manchester.
An absolute bargain - don't forget to upgrade the firmware if necessary. Where else can you get such quality for 250 quid??

Name
Derek
Edit My Images
Yes
Yesterday was sat on the sofa working my way through the x-pro1 manual (I do this every so often in the hope that one day all the little intricacies will stick) and the daughter-in-law's dog was sat watching. Must admit I'd love a 2 one day, but I suspect it'll never happen, but meanwhile I do still enjoy the results the 1 gives me.

Edit My Images
No
An absolute bargain - don't forget to upgrade the firmware if necessary. Where else can you get such quality for 250 quid??
Yeah, I already bought a XE2s from the fuji refurbish store a few weeks ago as a second fuji camera. If i haven't I probably bought this one instead.

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
Yesterday was sat on the sofa working my way through the x-pro1 manual (I do this every so often in the hope that one day all the little intricacies will stick) and the daughter-in-law's dog was sat watching. Must admit I'd love a 2 one day, but I suspect it'll never happen, but meanwhile I do still enjoy the results the 1 gives me.

There's nothing wrong with that - lovely

Stephen L

I asked a Stupid Question Once...
Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
Yes
I am finding the colour profit to the X-T1 slightly different...have to change my processing to suit.

Yes, I agree. And I still maintain there are subtle differences between the X-Pro2 and the T2 - but that discussion is for another forum!

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Name
Adam Bonn
Edit My Images
No
Name
Keith
Edit My Images
No