The Official Fuji X Pro 1 Thread

Hi all,

I need either a sync cable to connect the X-Pro1 to studio lights or maybe a trigger, does anyone have any idea on which would be best and also exactly what cable I would need?

Cheers

I need either a sync cable to connect the X-Pro1 to studio lights or maybe a trigger, does anyone have any idea on which would be best and also exactly what cable I would need?
The X-Pro1 has a PC-sync socket for a wired connection, or there's a few wireless trigger-receiver options. What connections do your studio lights accept?

Shameless plug to say that I found a screen protector for the X-Pro1 in my accessories drawer. It's up for sale in "other brands"

Got to love the 23mm with the X-Pro1.. just going through some shots from the summer and found this wee chap..

sooooo sharp! just used my newly acquired 23mm at a wedding at the weekend for the first time, belting lens!!!!....

ALTP9698b.jpg

Fantastic shot Paul..

It seems strage, but after shooting for years with the Sigma 30/1.4 almost welded to the front of my 40D now that I've moved to Fuji I'm thinking of selling the 35mm because the 23mm has become my preferred focal length. And even stranger, I couldn't get along at all with the 50mm on the 40d but with the X-Pro1 it's my second choice focal length after the 23mm - does the difference between x1.5 and x1.6 crop factors really make such a difference?

And as I've mentioned the 50mm, something from yesterday in the woods..

I think VSCO does something magical with the Fuji raw files.

thanks Alastair, and likewise :)

I don't use VSCO, but do use Replichrome and the Kodak BW400CN+ is my go to preset for black and white, whereas I haven't really settled on a colour preset but do tend to use the Fuji Pro 160C:Frontier at the moment although I need to experiment a little more.

Lenswise I was using the 10-24, 35 and 60. As good as the 10-24 was, it wasn't fast enough for me and 10mm was far too wide for my use, loved the 35, and the 60 was great for studio use but too slow (inc focus speed) for wedding use imho so I got rid of the lot to end up with the 23 and 56. Apart from something nice and fast at the longer end, I feel pretty content with what I have now. The 23 isn't the widest, but thats nothing taking a few steps back can't sort out when needed without getting too much distortion :)....

ALTP9821C.jpg

I have this suspicion my ultimate Fuji lens kit will be the 14/23/56/55-200 plus my vintage lenses - similar to your lineup Paul. Might be time to progress further towards that and try to sell my original trinity of 18/35/60.

Seeing the size of the 90mm f/2 mock-up has already convinced me it's not worth saving for. It's likely to retail for more than a CZ Planar 85/1.4 HFT anyway - and I know which I'd prefer if I had the cash!

Hi Paul, That floodlit wedding shot for me is a cracker. I think you have balanced the light very well and the overall composition is very good. I would imagine your clients will be well happy with it.(y)

George.

Almost a month to the day since the last post in the Xpro1 thread :( Has everyone sold up and moved to XT1?

I have just acquired 10-24, 23 and 56 for mine, yet to actually get chance to use them, but looking forward to it! What about you folks? New lenses? Been shooting much?

Still using mine alongside my X-E2, the -T1 doesn't really appeal to me.

Swapped my 18mm and 60mm for a 14mm. Now saving for the 56mm, although it's rare that it's not one of my QBM lenses on the front these days. I'm rather taken with the combination of either of the bodies with the CZ Planar 50/1.4 HFT - although it is slightky easier to use with the X-E2.

X-Pro1, Rolleinar MC 85/2.8

Almost a month to the day since the last post in the Xpro1 thread :( Has everyone sold up and moved to XT1?

I have just acquired 10-24, 23 and 56 for mine, yet to actually get chance to use them, but looking forward to it! What about you folks? New lenses? Been shooting much?

I still have mine. Have been tempted a couple of times with the XT1 but have held back. The XP1 and 35mm is perfect for me in digital terms. The last few months I have been shooting more film than anything so the XT1 has definitely been a thought that has been put on hold.

Mine's been packed up ready to sell for months but I've been busy so never got round to it.

TBH I really prefer the X-E1. Did a tough outdoor shoot yesterday with D800 and X-E1 and all the pictures I want to edit are on the Fuji.

I haven't used mine as much as I would've liked recently - had 2 weeks in the Dominican Republic and only used my iPhone camera :eek:

Been asked to shoot a friend's daughter's Christening on Sunday, so it'll get a thorough workout then. I'm think the bulk of the shots will be taken with the 35mm, but I'll take the 18 & 60 as well.

Still loving mine almost a year to the day I bought it. Recently bought an X100s, but it just doesn't do it for me the way the X-Pro does.

Think I want a 56mm now, can't believe I missed out on the one today on the forum :(

I've just picked up an X-Pro 1 again after selling one not long after it was released in 2012.
I've been looking for a smaller, lighter kit to accompany my D800 (and with half an eye to replacing my D800 later) - 2 days in though and I'm not really getting on with it, maybe I'm just too used to the DSLR again but I'm struggling to get anything decent out of it!

I've just picked up an X-Pro 1 again after selling one not long after it was released in 2012.
I've been looking for a smaller, lighter kit to accompany my D800 (and with half an eye to replacing my D800 later) - 2 days in though and I'm not really getting on with it, maybe I'm just too used to the DSLR again but I'm struggling to get anything decent out of it!

Sometimes its take a bit of time,changing from DSLR to mirrorless took me a bit of time :)

Sometimes its take a bit of time,changing from DSLR to mirrorless took me a bit of time :)

I think for many people it's not the fact that it's mirrorless that's the issue its the rangefinder view point which can give paralex error. Personally having used SLR/DSLRs for over 35 years it's quite difficult to get used to. I do agree you can adapt but it's not easy. I sold my XPRO for that reason but it's great in every other respect apart from the AF which is sluggish by comparison in low light and fast moving conditions.

I think for many people it's not the fact that it's mirrorless that's the issue its the rangefinder view point which can give paralex error. Personally having used SLR/DSLRs for over 35 years it's quite difficult to get used to. I do agree you can adapt but it's not easy. I sold my XPRO for that reason but it's great in every other respect apart from the AF which is sluggish by comparison in low light and fast moving conditions.

Yes i agree it does take a time to get used to the rangefinder style,i had used leica before but never quite liked rangefinder style of focusing,but quite like the rangefinder view point :)

I think for many people it's not the fact that it's mirrorless that's the issue its the rangefinder view point which can give paralex error. Personally having used SLR/DSLRs for over 35 years it's quite difficult to get used to.
Can you not simply switch to the EVF? Works for me, although the actual image seen is a bit "unrealistic" at times.

Can you not simply switch to the EVF? Works for me, although the actual image seen is a bit "unrealistic" at times.

I've sold it now Bob, If I going to be changing lenses then I may as well have a DSLR and be able to see through the viewfinder.

No love for the X-Pro1 yet this month?

A quick product/style shot with my late morning brew..

Amazon lightning deal coming up tomorrow (Thursday) morning at 10am, Fuji X-Pro1 plus 18mmand 27mm lenses (Amazon link). No indication of price yet.

Loving my X-Pro 1, just got myself a mint/boxed X-E 1 as a second body yesterday.

My current lens choice is quite varied, although I'm mainly a 'prime shooter' I've ended up with these XF lenses;

10-24mm - 35mm - 60mm - 55-200mm, although I'd love to own three quality primes such as; 14mm or the 23mm, 35mm, 56mm.

Any ideas guys n' gals ?

X-Pro1 body only on a red price special in the Fuji refurb shop, £360 with the usual discount code..

I like the last two shots a lot Peter. Are you using both he 14mm and 10-24 with your XP1 then? I ended up px my 14mm for the 10-24 so just interested :)

Hi Anthony;

I've recently swapped the 10-24mm lens for a 14mm, thought I'm go down the prime route. The newly purchased XF 14mm just arrived yesterday.
Going to take a while to get used to it.

Its a great lens, very sharp indeed, I just fancied something slightly wider and the convenience of the zoom for my wide. You will enjoy it no doubt :)

Back