The Official Fuji X Pro 1 Thread

Been think getting the XPro 1 as bargain at the moment with 2 free lens.

What is it like at AF and tracking. Also ISO at 6400 or higher pls folks. Does this take raw???

On the Fuji shop site you can get a refurbished model for £350. Using the paypal12 discount makes it £312 body only.
A handsome bargain IMO.

Been think getting the XPro 1 as bargain at the moment with 2 free lens.

What is it like at AF and tracking. Also ISO at 6400 or higher pls folks. Does this take raw???

Tracking.. No not very good.
Af. Fine if you accept it limitations and don't expect DSLR performance
It's a monster at high ISO. Comparable if not better than my D700.
Yes it does RAW

How does it compare to the xe2?

Very well. I'll say I found the x-e2 more comfortable to hold as it's slightly smaller and the button layout is a bit more sensible, but in terms of image quality they are both excellent. I'd certainly have another x-e2, the only reason I went with the x-pro is the free lens deal was too good to turn down.

The X-Pro1 has been the cheapest route into the Fuji system for a while with the free/discounted lens deals. But owning both an X-Pro1 and an X-E2 it's the -E2 I usually reach for first, it's just that little bit better all around than the older body.

A refurbished X-E2 and a 35mm lens would be a great entry into the system.

How does the xe2 perform with tracking then pls and high ISO.

I also been thinking of Sony A7 II as well but cost a lot more but is performance better I dont know

Thanks Gregg, yip, she's a fantastic collie, so alert and fit for her age (coming 10yrs). Bright as a button and adores long country walks, you could never tire her out.

Great shots, my Xpro1 arrived today together with a Voigtlander +2 diopter from Robert White. Lens hasn't arrived yet though, so it's a bit frustrating that I can't do anything with it!
Allan

Is this your 2nd Xpro Allan?

What made you want another is so?

Finally got round to shooting the newly purchased Samyang 12mm f/2, weather here in Central Scotland horrible!

I did consider one of these before buying your 14mm Peter, but I thought the 14mm would be better suited for me. Supposed to be a cracking lens for the money.

Scott

I did consider one of these before buying your 14mm Peter, but I thought the 14mm would be better suited for me. Supposed to be a cracking lens for the money.

Scott

The XF14mm is an excellent lens, but I wanted something very slightly wider, In the past I owned the XF10-24 and thought the 10mm end was getting too wide for my personal landscape photography, so I went for middle ground with the 12mm.

I quite fancied the 10-24mm but opted to stick with primes, but saying that I still have the 18-55 and the 55-200 :confused:

I've opted to stay compact, if I want a massive lens I might as well take a DSLR (my Canon 6D isn't exactly heavy for it's size), so anything with a filter thread bigger than 58mm isn't going in my Fuji kitbag!!! So I have the following Samyang 8mm, XF14mm, XF27mm, XF35mm, XF18-55 and XC50-230.

Me too, I bought it to be nice and compact but still use the 23mm 1.4 and leave it in the bag :confused:

Is this your 2nd Xpro Allan?

What made you want another is so?
Yes it is, I sold my first one a while ago, then sold my XT1. Missed them both then wanted to get back into the Fuji system.

I regretted selling most of my cameras, but generally, the new ones made me forget about the old ones.
But, I really regretted selling the Fuji's after buying Olympus, I now realise that the Fuji is very hard to beat.
I also have a Nikon D7100, but that will be used solely for motorsports and birds, together with the Sigma 150-500 lens I just bought.
My collection of cameras is getting bigger, but I had a windfall recently and it seemed rude not to spend some of it on the kit I loved most.
I also have another used Fuji on its way, I made the mistake of going into Jessops yesterday and picking up an XT1.....
One of the others will have to go, unfortunately
Allan

Back