The Official Fuji X Pro 1 Thread

It's funny really, as I was trying to sell my X Pro-1 kit +35+18 kit a couple of weeks ago, and had no interest in it !
Maybe it's a sign telling me to use it more !

The problem is that for a while now Fuji via their offers have been effectively giving X-Pro1's away, buy the lenses get the camera free and its also not helped by the very low cost in the Fuji refurb store, I picked up one last year with full warranty from them for £249 + delivery.
Now who can compete with that when selling a camera that they paid £1200 for? its just a too bitter a pill to swallow but even worse for those who bought XE-1's at full price as they now seem to go for around £140 second hand!

Personally I still think the X-Pro1 is the top camera in the fuji range, its certainly got the best iQ and I've never had a problem with its focus speed ever.
I still say it will become a classic in years to come and much sought after by those who want what it has to offer, simplicity and purity of use along with cracking iQ and the best SOOC jpgs of any camera.

My two are keepers and still my go to camera's, the XT-1 GS however is in danger of going and to be honest I haven't even fired of 300 shots with it.

I'll admit though changing to using M mount manual lenses has been an eye opener for me, it just works in fact it works very well and its like stepping back in time a little bit but without sacrificing the quality of your images, I just find it thoroughly satisfying going completely manual, kind of like your putting more of yourself into each image you shoot.

Ok Oldie rant over.. but seriously Gary hang onto it, you'll probably miss it and won't make much from selling the body anyway.

It's one of those cameras you instantly regret selling. I had one a while ago and sold it to buy an XT1. I sold that and went with FF Nikon. Good as the Nikon is, it's not an easy carry round camera and this is where the Fuji kit comes into its own.
I have a bit of spare cash and I am investing it in the Fuji cameras I have missed and regretted selling.
Instant AF and tracking speed isn't everything. Like the post above, I enjoy spending a bit of time getting every image, although I haven't gone back to manual focus yet, I may do in the future.

I'll admit though changing to using M mount manual lenses has been an eye opener for me, it just works in fact it works very well and its like stepping back in time a little bit but without sacrificing the quality of your images, I just find it thoroughly satisfying going completely manual, kind of like your putting more of yourself into each image you shoot.

Ok Oldie rant over.. but seriously Gary hang onto it, you'll probably miss it and won't make much from selling the body anyway.

I totally agree.
The reason I bought the Fuji was as a lightweight carry round camera.
The quality of the images/lenses sold it to me, along with the "retro" feel.
Just recently I started messing around with some of my old Nikon AiS lenses on it, and now I'm starting to really enjoy using the system again.
I still love the quality from the Fujinons, but I must admit I'm glad I started playing with my old Nikkors, because the focus peaking, along with the magnified EVF view
makes it a real breeze.And like you say, going "manual" with the old lenses feels like there is a lot more involvement with making the image.

Cheers,
Gary.

Great set of pro Pro1 posts guys!!

I occasionally use some legacy pentax glass on my Fujis, but FWIW with the XP1 I only use the Fuji lenses in MF (most often with BB focusing) and I also set the camera to BW jpeg, which IMO negates the weaker focus peaking (compared to some of the more modern cameras)

The BW+Y Fuji jpegs are often good to go SOOC and of course the colour's always there in the raw if you need it!

Use the EVF, set the focus point and confirm exposure, swap to the OVF if you're grabbing a moment or waiting for something to enter the frame.

A little tip, that perhaps some of you didn't know.... In MF and OVF, pressing the scroll wheel button will take you straight into the magnified focus peaking EVF view, which is where the focus box is set.

All of the above can done without removing your eye from the finder... Still the only ICL mirrorless game in town that can do that.... (M240 etc you must move your eye between the VF and the accessory EVF)

The depreciation of the XP1 has been quite steep.... But it is nearly 4 yrs old.... imHo the original A7/7r have depreciated far more as a percentage and in less time... Second hand you can pick a Leica T up for what, £600ish? And that is a £1300 camera in the shops.... So depreciation is hardly a Fuji specific problem!

Got an email yesterday from Park Cameras, seems my Xpro1 with 18, 27 + case is out of stock. Should be here next week.
:(

Got an email yesterday from Park Cameras, seems my Xpro1 with 18, 27 + case is out of stock. Should be here next week.
:(
There won't be any left in a few weeks if they keep that £499.99 price. The other retailers have put it back up - I guess so they can drop it down again in the new year sales.
The digital camera marketplace is one of the most ridiculous consumer driven monstrosoties I have ever come across. But also one of the greatest things ever created if you don't actually give a s*** about pixel peeping or the latest trends.

There won't be any left in a few weeks if they keep that £499.99 price. The other retailers have put it back up - I guess so they can drop it down again in the new year sales.
The digital camera marketplace is one of the most ridiculous consumer driven monstrosoties I have ever come across. But also one of the greatest things ever created if you don't actually give a s*** about pixel peeping or the latest trends.
Yes, but what else are we all going to spend all our money on? ;)
In the early days of digital cameras, improvements were made nearly every week, but people couldn't afford to upgrade all the time because no one wanted to buy your old 1/3 mp camera, and they were too expensive anyway.
Now, real upgrades are few and far between but people upgrade all the time. When Nikon brought out their D50, I bought one and kept it for 3 years before I even thought about upgrading, but, they only had 3 ranges of DSLR cameras, pro, semi pro and the likes of me. Now look at what they produce. Its mind boggling.

Anyone know where I can purchase a +1 diopter for a X Pro 1 ?

Thanks

You need a 19mm diopter, Nikon and Cosina make them too. I bought a Cosina +2 diopter for mine because I couldn't find a Fuji one. If you search EBay, there are a few available, mostly from Japan but check the sizes first. It might be helpful for people looking for diopters to read the link below. The Epson RD1 diopters are the same size, if you can find one.

http://www.dantestella.com/technical/xproacc.html

Well im surprised jusy how quick i have thrown a bit of a system togeather :) It started with the Xpro 1 and two lens kit. 18mm f2.0 & 27mm f 2.8. Added the 18-135mm OIS expecting that to be the end of it ! (spending that is !)
But i came across the 10-24mm f4 OIS at a very good price hence plastic came out againo_O
A trip to Calumet open day and a couple of shots with the 56mm f1.2 R convinced me i had to have one :)
While shopping around I found one at a excellent price ! Ouch burnt fingers that plastic is starting to melt now :eek:
56mm f1.2 R added.
So much for wanting a small lightweight kit all these lenses and one body didn't seem right some how :thinking: Low and behold a XT10 came up on ebay !
Well the Xpro 1 looked lonely and out numbered and over loaded by lenses. so the deed was done !
End of ! ?
Well not quite a certain person mentioned the Monday wex deal 10%off and cash back on 90mm f2.0 oooh !
So added it to the basket and not sure how i appear to have added the 35mm f1.4 aswell :thinking:
Well I stand to get a good cash back lump sum back off Fuji all being well.:):):)
Oh and I'm just loving it all so far !

Last edited:
Well im surprised jusy how quick i have thrown a bit of a system togeather :) It started with the Xpro 1 and two lens kit. 18mm f2.0 & 27mm f 2.8. Added the 18-135mm OIS expecting that to be the end of it ! (spending that is !)
But i came across the 10-24mm f4 OIS at a very good price hence plastic came out againo_O
A trip to Calumet open day and a couple of shots with the 56mm f1.2 R convinced me i had to have one :)
While shopping around I found one at a excellent price ! Ouch burnt fingers that plastic is starting to melt now :eek:
56mm f1.2 R added.
So much for wanting a small lightweight kit all these lenses and one body didn't seem right some how :thinking: Low and behold a XT10 came up on ebay !
Well the Xpro 1 looked lonely and out numbered and over loaded by lenses. so the deed was done !
End of ! ?
Well not quite a certain person mentioned the Monday wex deal 10%off and cash back on 90mm f2.0 oooh !
So added it to the basket and not sure how i appear to have added the 35mm f1.4 aswell :thinking:
Well I stand to get a good cash back lump sum back off Fuji all being well.:):):)

That is really rather impressive! It took some of us much longer to amass such a system, weeks in some cases :D

That is really rather impressive! It took some of us much longer to amass such a system, weeks in some cases :D
Lol time to sell off the Canon and some of the Nikon I guess !
Siggy HSM 800mm f 5.6 anyone ? ;)

56mm f1.2 R added.
End of ! ?
Sir. I salute you! :woot:

The gas man cometh :)

The gas man cometh :)

Yes sadly he just visited with a rather large bill :(
I'm now thinking I should go all electric just to get the G.A.S. Man off my back !
What do you guys recon ?
Am I a lost cause :runaway: Perhaps I need:lock: Up away from the web !,

With a diet of full fat photo equipment around, you will never get rid of GAS.
I've found it goes away for a while, but usually comes back with a vengeance

Just had an email from Park Cameras, the XP1 kit is now discontinued. :(
Looks like I won't be joining in this thread as an owner for a while...........:coat:Unless someone is selling soon?

Last edited:
Looks like I won't be joining in this thread as an owner for a while...........:coat:Unless someone is selling soon?

Apparently Wex are doing the xp1 + 18mm + 27mm package for £499

Do you have a link, price is shown as £602 when I look.

Maybe I should have waited to advertise mine !!
Although I don't have the 27mm, I went for the 18 & 35 kit when I got mine.

When I saw the offer on Wednesday night / early Thursday morning it was £499 but yesterday late morning, it had gone up to £602 but now includes a leather case. When I phoned Wex to ask what had happened to the offer, they said that it had gone on by mistake and was a Cyber Monday deal that went back up automatically when new stock arrived.
I tried to get them to honour the deal as it was in my 'basket' online but they said the couldn't!
Bit of a pain really but I sat on the fence overnight and missed the opportunity.

Park cameras offer included the case too. My guess is they are having another "sale" later on and are keeping their stock.
Meanwhile, I'll keep looking, once you get the taste of an XPro1 in your camera bag..................

Seems a nice XP1 is heading my way. Managed to get a used one with Fuji grip and extra batteries at a very good price. :clap:

Seems a nice XP1 is heading my way. Managed to get a used one with Fuji grip and extra batteries at a very good price. :clap:
Cool so pleased to hear you found one :banana:

I'm wondering if they are still making Xpro1 body any longer as the arrival of the Xpro2 is imminent unless they are using the same body shell ?

I'm wondering if they are still making Xpro1 body any longer as the arrival of the Xpro2 is imminent unless they are using the same body shell ?
The first digit of the serial number is the year of manufacture. Whilst most have a number starting with 2 there are plenty starting with a 5 suggesting that they were still making them at least early this year.

What are peoples experiences with M39 adapters? Metabones don't seem to make one, what would be the next best, Kipon?

The first digit of the serial number is the year of manufacture. Whilst most have a number starting with 2 there are plenty starting with a 5 suggesting that they were still making them at least early this year.
The one I just bought starts with 4. Has anybody used one with the official grip? There is a grip included with the camera, but I always thought the XP felt good to hold as it was.

The one I just bought starts with 4. Has anybody used one with the official grip? There is a grip included with the camera, but I always thought the XP felt good to hold as it was.
I have purchased a L bracket for my Xpro1 which also has a additional grip built into it and I'm really pleased with the enhanced handling it's given me.
It probably isn't for everyone but with my arthritis it's a big plus for me :)

Just checked my serial number on Xpro1 starts 53M so i'm guessing it's a recent production model ?

Back