The Official Fuji X Pro 1 Thread

Thanks, got married on Friday, just spent two nights at the Grosvenor in Chester (at about the same cost as an X-T1/18-55 kit!!!) and off to Austria tomorrow, still deciding which lenses to take (and how many bodies!!!), yes I know the only peaks I should be looking at are on my new beautiful wife........but she is very understanding about my affliction!!!

3 Nights in Vienna and 6 Nights at St Wolfgang, palaces, cake, coffee houses, mountains, lakes, whats not to like!!!

Congratulations.
Have a wonderful time in Austria.
Vienna is a lovely city and great place to take photos.

Thanks, got married on Friday, just spent two nights at the Grosvenor in Chester (at about the same cost as an X-T1/18-55 kit!!!) and off to Austria tomorrow, still deciding which lenses to take (and how many bodies!!!), yes I know the only peaks I should be looking at are on my new beautiful wife........but she is very understanding about my affliction!!!

3 Nights in Vienna and 6 Nights at St Wolfgang, palaces, cake, coffee houses, mountains, lakes, whats not to like!!!

Congrats! Did the same this summer except we stayed in a ski resort.

If you have the chance to do a day trip go to Hallstatt (very near St Wolfgang on the map) - it's absolutely beautiful. Plus a salt mine tour if that's your thing :p

LOL dude be careful, you don't want the new boss reading comparisons like that ;) Anyways, congrats and have a great time in Osterreich !

Great news Mr Perceptive..........well done, welcome to the 56 club. Looking forward to viewing your images!

Mr Postman delivered a XF55-200mm yesterday, haven't had a chance to play with it yet.

:)
??????:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Congrats! Did the same this summer except we stayed in a ski resort.

If you have the chance to do a day trip go to Hallstatt (very near St Wolfgang on the map) - it's absolutely beautiful. Plus a salt mine tour if that's your thing :p

Hallstadt is defo on the list, not far from where we are staying second week (St Wolfgang). Got a hire cat for that week, so trips out no problem.

On my journey towards work tonight I couldn't believe the most beautiful sky ahead of me, I had to pull over and try capture/document this most awesome sight/sky. I quickly attached my (newly acquired) Fuji XF55-200mm lens and shoot off half a dozen frames then jumped back into my ticking over car and hurriedly drove away not to be late for work.

Wallace Monument silhouette by Peter McCullough Photography, on Flickr

X-Pro1 - iso 400 - @ f/5.6 - at 200mm end
Another lens :)

On my journey towards work tonight I couldn't believe the most beautiful sky ahead of me, I had to pull over and try capture/document this most awesome sight/sky. I quickly attached my (newly acquired) Fuji XF55-200mm lens and shoot off half a dozen frames then jumped back into my ticking over car and hurriedly drove away not to be late for work.

Very nice shot. I did a residential school for a week with the OU at Stirling University a few years back, I wanted to visit the Wallace monument, but we accidentally ended up in the pub on the way, never did get to climb up that hill :rolleyes:

Ah but how much did the dress cost? :p
I bet it was expensive, but if you're short of a few bob drop macvisual a quick message, he's obviously just won the lottery :eek:
Jealous ? moi ?

Cracking image Pete [emoji106]

Those colours...
Beautiful photo.

Thanks for the kind comments above, very much appreciated. A lucky 'grab shot' I'd call it.

A lottery win.......??.......if only, with selling my 3 Sigma Merrill cameras and a Mamiya RZ67 has helped fund my recent Fuji XF glass addiction.

:D
Money well sent my friend, you've posted some lovely images with your new fuji glass, keep em coming :)

That's very nice Peter, with good composition.(y)

George.

Another beauty :)

I must stop reading this thread on my ipad, it can't do justice to these images.

When going through my late fathers old camera gear I found an old Zenit B he had. I've read great things about the Helios 44 58mm F2 lens, so I've ordered an m42 to Fuji X adapter. Gonna give it a go, hopefully this weekend. Has anyone else used this lens or any other vintage lenses on their X cameras ?
The lens needed a good clean, but was quite dust free considering it's age. Quality control must not have been stringent in russian factories as there is a tiny air bubble in one of the internal lens elements.

Last edited:
When going through my late fathers old camera gear I found an old Zenit B he had. I've read great things about the Helios 44 58mm F2 lens, so I've ordered an m42 to Fuji X adapter. Gonna give it a go, hopefully this weekend. Has anyone else used this lens or any other vintage lenses on their X cameras ?
The lens needed a good clean, but was quite dust free considering it's age. Quality control must not have been stringent in russian factories as there is a tiny air bubble in one of the internal lens elements.

I have probably owned over 60 old lenses when trying out different ones on my Fuji cameras and the Helios along with a Tokina 100-300mm f4 ATX lens were the best/favourite I have owned. I had the six blade version IIRC of the Helios and for manual focussing it was as smooth as butter, lovely lens. I have used it on XE-1, Xpro1 and XT1, performed excellent across the three bodies.

For me, I tried to stay with two different mounts, M42 and Canon FD to reduce the amout of adapters I needed.

Last edited:
I have probably owned over 60 old lenses when trying out different ones on my Fuji cameras and the Helios along with a Tokina 100-300mm f4 ATX lens were the best/favourite I have owned. I had the six blade version IIRC of the Helios and for manual focussing it was as smooth as butter, lovely lens. I have used it on XE-1, Xpro1 and XT1, performed excellent across the three bodies.

For me, I tried to stay with two different mounts, M42 and Canon FD to reduce the amout of adapters I needed.
The lens I have is also a six blade version. My adapter arrived yesterday and I fired off a few test shots, I had no choice only to shoot at F2 as I'm going to have to modify the lens to keep the aperture pin depressed. I'm hoping to get this done over the weekend, but as monsoon season has returned to Hibernia I'll probably not get a chance of taking any test shots :(

Untitled by Peter McCullough Photography, on Flickr

X-Pro1 - XF10-24mm
Fantastic shot Peter, razor sharp. The more I look at it I realise it would be hard to improve on it. I thought a CPL would add to the blue sky, but then you'd lose the lovely reflections. Great work dude, I'm looking forward to giving my 10-24mm a good work out in Lanzarote in 2 weeks time.

Jeez just realising I have to make a decision on what gear to pack for my forthcoming holiday. I hate that, I can never decide what to bring. My initial thoughts were X100T with wcl, xt1 with 18-135mm, 10-24mm and 35mm but after seeing some of the Xpro1 shots here I'm not sure. I've said before I love the output from the Xpro1 especially when the sun is shining, but my XT1 has hardly been used since I got it, decisions, decisions. I've recently bought a travel tripod to take on hols and SWMBO is asking am I really going to take that "thing" ? WTF will she say if I leave for airport with my mahusive Loewepro bag full of X gear instead of my usual discrete TT retrospective 7 ? If only Carlsberg made wives that maintained the post honeymoon tolerance to 35 years of marriage o_O

Back