The Official Fuji X Pro 1 Thread

My faves so far are proving to be xf 18mm f2.0, xf 27mm 2.8 and xf 56mm f1.2, in that order although I'm really enjoying the 18-135mm ois zoom at the moment :):fuji:
Mind you I do have the XF 60mm f2.4 macro on my s/h shopping list :)
Don't suppose anyone is looking to sell ? ;)
Just off to wanted thread :)

Last edited:
Here's a grab shot with the XF55-200mm lens, captured at f/5.6 - iso 400 - handheld - at 200mm end - manual focus. I was on my way to work a few months ago and had to stop and try capture this amazing sky.

Wallace Monument, Stirling;

Wallace Monument silhouette by Peter McCullough Photography, on Flickr

I dropped my 18mm f2 from about 5ft up on to concrete when changing lenses on a recent trip to Florence. It landed with a small thud and rolled a few feet. When I picked it up to examine it, fearing the worst, I found no marks at all. Nothing. It still works perfectly. The thing is virtually bomb proof!

I dropped my 18mm f2 from about 5ft up on to concrete when changing lenses on a recent trip to Florence. It landed with a small thud and rolled a few feet. When I picked it up to examine it, fearing the worst, I found no marks at all. Nothing. It still works perfectly. The thing is virtually bomb proof!
Great news that it's so well built!

I really need my xpro back, problem is there are no real deals used anymore.........why you ask? of course there is you say........ Because they are so damn cheap to buy new with the £499 deal , it makes no sense to buy used LOL but its £499 more than I have, I may have to say bye bye to a little x100t
Amazon have xp1 bodies, brand new for a penny under £300 at the moment. I think Fuji refurbished are the same price ( if they ever have any more in stock)

I've used my 18mm for a while now, and good as it is, I don't think I'm a "prime" man. I think I'll stick to my 18-55 and 18-135. Both fantastic lenses.
Anybody want to buy an 18mm f2? I think it will be in the classifieds soon.

Amazon have xp1 bodies, brand new for a penny under £300 at the moment. I think Fuji refurbished are the same price ( if they ever have any more in stock)

I bought my Re-Furbed X-Pro1 body from the Fuji Store for £274 (including discount code), it arrived boxed/as new condition with a years warranty.

Was all set on getting a rx100 m3 then wandered into this thread and saw the xpro 1 deal with 18mm and 27mm primes...:eek: I'm cameraless at the mo so easily swayed! Bit out of touch on these hows the focus with recent firmwares..

Last edited:
Was all set on getting a rx100 m3 then wandered into this thread and saw the xpro 1 deal with 18mm and 27mm primes...:eek: I'm cameraless at the mo so easily swayed! Bit out of touch on these hows the focus with recent firmwares..

Not to bad at all,not as fast as say some DSLR,but i have not had many problems with Fuji AF :)

I checked refurb £299 but Digitalrev are doing it for £259 delivered so I think I've made my mind up :)

Is it worth saving £40 and having no Fuji UK warranty? remember Digital Rev are grey imports and as such need to go back to them should a problem arise.

Thanks for all your advice on the best first lens. I bought the 18-55 and it's looking good.

Took the 18mm out this morning and the sun actually came out!!!

24081524735_2edb3ab220_k_d.jpg

A New Dawn.........

Last edited:
Great shot Adam @Adzman808 , this one works really well for me and good you've kept just a bit of light in the shadows.(y)

George.

I've used my 18mm for a while now, and good as it is, I don't think I'm a "prime" man. I think I'll stick to my 18-55 and 18-135. Both fantastic lenses.
Anybody want to buy an 18mm f2? I think it will be in the classifieds soon.
What's your opinion on the 18-135 Allan? I'll be getting one with an XT-1 but haven't had chance to use one yet and have had to go by reviews

Great shot Adam @Adzman808 , this one works really well for me and good you've kept just a bit of light in the shadows.(y)

George.

Thanks very much George!

It's 100% how it came out of the camera, sure it needs a crop, highlight recovery, shadow lifting etc, but it was so close to what I actually saw I just left it alone!

What's your opinion on the 18-135 Allan? I'll be getting one with an XT-1 but haven't had chance to use one yet and have had to go by reviews
I haven't used it much, it's on my XT1, but so far it seems as sharp as the 18-55. I'll try and use it a bit more over the weekend and let you know what I think.

@macvisual
Yeah I'm leaning towards the 56mm, some of the shots posted here from the 60mm have been stunning, but it seems my technique is lacking, so I think the faster focusing lens pips it for me. Where did you see them for "not big money" ? Digital rev have them on sale at £519

Jim, there's a used XF56mm in the classifieds here as we speak.

My very first capture of 2016. We headed out today for a lovely mountain trail/trek with our border collie into the hills, this beautiful trail is near Callander (close to Stirling, Central Scotland). I brought my full X system in a back pack (as always).

Mountain trail by Peter McCullough Photography, on Flickr

X-Pro1 - @ f/9 - iso 400 - 10mm end - handheld

Last edited:
Back