The Official Fuji X Pro 1 Thread

:)Cracking image Peter I can't it to get up to Scotland this year :)

That's really sharp, I almost cut my eye looking at it!
I'm not keen on primes, but I might make an exception for that lens.

Morning all.

Ok a little late to the party but I am considering trading my Nikon D7000 ( the back up for my D750) for a X Pro 1 kit form WEX I always said I didn't want 2 systems but the more I look at the images from the Fuji X series the more I like them. been offered a good trade in on the D7000.

I think with the X-pro1... As long as you know the shortcomings as well as the plus points then there's nothing to fear..

Morning all.

Ok a little late to the party but I am considering trading my Nikon D7000 ( the back up for my D750) for a X Pro 1 kit form WEX I always said I didn't want 2 systems but the more I look at the images from the Fuji X series the more I like them. been offered a good trade in on the D7000.

A little bit differant shooting wise after a lifetime of shooting Nikon and Canon but well worth it IMO and many other shooters. The Xpro 1 with two lens and cases a steal I've the 18mm f2.0 and the 27mm f2.8 is fast becoming another. I actually prefer the FOV over the 35mm f1:1.4 which I have found rather surprising havering always owned a 50mm lens on my 35mm gear

Looks like I'll be placing an order tomorrow!

Couple of questions

Are there any after market flashes available?

Is it worth fitting a grip?

Is it possible to a use colon p size filter system with the lenses?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the button has just been pressed. And I will soon be receiving my very own X Pro1 18 mm 27 mm and case from WEX and as it stands it will cost me less then £190.

Hurry up Fuji and get new stocks out for me

Well the button has just been pressed. And I will soon be receiving my very own X Pro1 18 mm 27 mm and case from WEX and as it stands it will cost me less then £190.

Hurry up Fuji and get new stocks out for me

Was that with a trade-in? Price I saw seemed to be £499...

Was that with a trade-in? Price I saw seemed to be £499...

Yes I'm trading my D7000 and tamron 18-200 I'm keeping my d750 set up [emoji106]. In fact I'm getting more off as I didn't include the lens originally so it's going to be more like £140 to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like I'll be placing an order tomorrow!

Couple of questions

Are there any after market flashes available?

Is it worth fitting a grip?

Is it possible to a use colon p size filter system with the lenses?

I looked a 3rd party flashes, I think Metz do one, but I bought a new Fuji EF-20 from Amazon for about £75.
Fuji do 2 grips. One with a solid base and one with a cutout for accessing the battery/ sd card. I have the solid base one. Adds a bit of height to the camera, but the grip feels nice. I did try to sell it here, but no one wanted it, so I kept it.Its actually a nice addition to the camera and looks the part too.
Don't know about the filter, sorry.

I looked a 3rd party flashes, I think Metz do one, but I bought a new Fuji EF-20 from Amazon for about £75.
Fuji do 2 grips. One with a solid base and one with a cutout for accessing the battery/ sd card. I have the solid base one. Adds a bit of height to the camera, but the grip feels nice. I did try to sell it here, but no one wanted it, so I kept it.Its actually a nice addition to the camera and looks the part too.
Don't know about the filter, sorry.

Thanks Allan I did notice WEX had a used grip listed with the cut outs in the bottom may well ask them to add it to the order.

Just got this email from Fuji X forum
"We'll be having one of our legendary Launch Parties the evening of January 14*, to celebrate new product announcements from Fujifilm."
Wonder what it is ? Xpro 2 ?

Allegedly, XPRO2, XE2s and X70. Probably.........

I (stupidly) sold it off to buy something else. I now have the XF10-24mm f/4. You live and learn. It's a great lens for really little money!
I brought it and its a beautiful lens on the front of my xt. Awesome lens for the money.

Is that the anguished cry of someone who has recently bought a new camera ? :rolleyes:

Well, the possibility of new cameras has been such a well kept secret, and comes as a bolt out of the blue !

RUMOURED Fuji announcement is

X-Pro2
X-E2s
100-400 lens
Fw for X-E2
New HSS flash
X70

The RUMOURED price for Pro2 is crazy, like €1699/$1799 body only or something like that....

Well, the possibility of new cameras has been such a well kept secret, and comes as a bolt out of the blue !

I'm giving up now as the chaps think I've been on another planet recently !!

Looks like the xpro2 link doesn't work or it's been removed. I just get Page not Found.
We'll find out tomorrow anyway, I read the launch will be in March, price about £1300
I'll wait..........

Back