The Official Fuji X Pro 1 Thread

£130 for a mint used X-Pro 1 ? Thanks but no thanks. I reckon come summer there will be significant discounts, but even then looking at the specs I doubt there's enough of a change to warrant an "upgrade"

£130 for a mint used X-Pro 1 ? Thanks but no thanks. I reckon come summer there will be significant discounts, but even then looking at the specs I doubt there's enough of a change to warrant an "upgrade"
I am the same as you Jim
I just re invested in a very new condition Xpro 1 I am happy.
Let's wait a year and see where we are at

I just bought a brand new Xpro 1, I think I will wait a while to see how the new one stands up and the prices drop a bit before I even think about buying.
I like the idea of faster a/f and adjustable diopter, but I don't suspect even the 24mp sensor will have such a dramatic effect on the overall image quality to warrant spending £1300+ at the moment.

I just bought a brand new Xpro 1, I think I will wait a while to see how the new one stands up and the prices drop a bit before I even think about buying.
I like the idea of faster a/f and adjustable diopter, but I don't suspect even the 24mp sensor will have such a dramatic effect on the overall image quality to warrant spending £1300+ at the moment.
This is a good point.
I am sure the new camera will be fantastic but on the price I paid for my XPro1 £295 that was a month old is the XPro2 worth a £1000 more?
Will my images improve by this much?

This is a good point.
I am sure the new camera will be fantastic but on the price I paid for my XPro1 £295 that was a month old is the XPro2 worth a £1000 more?

Whether it's worth it to you can only determined by what and how you shoot.

If you're pottering about as a hobbyist then it probably isn't but if you're making money from your photography and shooting in dodgy conditions the weather sealing alone could justify it. Add in the extra SD card slot for added protection of your images and all of the other upgrades it'll quickly pay for itself.

Whether it's worth it to you can only determined by what and how you shoot.

If you're pottering about as a hobbyist then it probably isn't but if you're making money from your photography and shooting in dodgy conditions the weather sealing alone could justify it. Add in the extra SD card slot for added protection of your images and all of the other upgrades it'll quickly pay for itself.
But I need another £1000!

Lol shameless :rolleyes: Check his images though, or maybe not. He's sponsored by the GAS board !

This is a good point.

No Mark, The X-Pro1 is still more than capable of holding its own with the big boys in fact it still to my mind beats the XT-1 on iQ, the thing we have to wait and see is if the new mk 3 sensor in the X-Pro 2 has the same or better magic than the X-Pro 1!
Yes its got more dynamic range, greater resolution, faster AF, more bells & whistles but if if the resultant images haven't got that same magic that the X-Pro 1 images have then all those upgrades mean nothing to me, for some of us its the images that are the important thing, not all the features a camera has.

No Mark, The X-Pro1 is still more than capable of holding its own with the big boys in fact it still to my mind beats the XT-1 on iQ, the thing we have to wait and see is if the new mk 3 sensor in the X-Pro 2 has the same or better magic than the X-Pro 1!
Yes its got more dynamic range, greater resolution, faster AF, more bells & whistles but if if the resultant images haven't got that same magic that the X-Pro 1 images have then all those upgrades mean nothing to me, for some of us its the images that are the important thing, not all the features a camera has.
Thanks I feel the same.
As I said earlier let everyone get all the issues ironed out first and pick one up cheaper after the party has finished!

There are a few Xpro2 images coming up on Flickr now. Some landscape shots with nice detail, sooc jpegs tho.

Looking at some images from my old Nikon D50 and comparing them to images of my D750 makes me wonder just what 10 years of development and another 23 mp has really achieved.
It's very difficult to see much difference in IQ nowadays, so I doubt there will be much difference between the xpro1 and 2

I'm going to be looking for a zoom when I get my Pro 1 not sure what to get.....
The ovf doesn't zoom with the lens but is ok with the 18-55 because you can magnify the ovf image. Best to use the evf with a zoom though.
18-135 is a nice size zoom and fits on the xpro1 well. The 55-200 feels a little big, but still works well if you have one hand under the lens and one holding the camera.

Im just not convincing myself. I do want an XPro2..............

Just a heads-up, had quick nosey at the Fuji refurb store and the X Pro 1 is currently only £299. I'm assuming the release of the X Pro 2 has had an impact.

The even better news is the PAYPAL12 discount code seems to work, so that's £269.

Now, I know you need to add a lens (or 2), but that seems insane value to me.....

£269 for a camera of that quality, you'd be mad not to ;)

Just a heads-up, had quick nosey at the Fuji refurb store and the X Pro 1 is currently only £299. I'm assuming the release of the X Pro 2 has had an impact.

The even better news is the PAYPAL12 discount code seems to work, so that's £269.

Now, I know you need to add a lens (or 2), but that seems insane value to me.....

I paid £249 for my last X-Pro1 from the Fuji refurb store last year, I just wish I had some cash to grab a 3rd while they're still available.

Im dissapointed that Fuji have done this massive price drop making second user X pro 1 worthless , I purchased one new and buy the looks of it if I tried to sell it It would sell for very little :( I like the camera but would think twice about buying a Fuji new again the depreciation is horrendous , Good for people who are considering purchasing now
:fuji: not as a investment though

Back