The Official Fuji X Pro 1 Thread

Im dissapointed that Fuji have done this massive price drop making second user X pro 1 worthless , I purchased one new and buy the looks of it if I tried to sell it It would sell for very little :( I like the camera but would think twice about buying a Fuji new again the depreciation is horrendous , Good for people who are considering purchasing now
:fuji: not as a investment though
That's the society we are in isn't it?
Even though the Xpro1 can still take stunning images its now cheapened.
I aim to keep mine and squeeze the life out of it photographically

Im dissapointed that Fuji have done this massive price drop making second user X pro 1 worthless , I purchased one new and buy the looks of it if I tried to sell it It would sell for very little :( I like the camera but would think twice about buying a Fuji new again the depreciation is horrendous , Good for people who are considering purchasing now
This is probably true to a certain extent with most manufacturers. I bought a Canon 5D3 a couple of years back and sold it off recently to concentrate on Fuji X, I lost around £750 on that camera in and a round what I'd lose on my X-pro 1 if I sold it now.

One of the things to note is that the AF speed on the Fujis is very lens dependent. I was pottering about last night and popped on the 23mm f1.4 (usually the 35 is attached to the body) on the Pro1. I selected the smallest focal point and tried to focus by candlelight. I couldn't tell the difference between that and my OM-D. By contrast the 35mm is slow as molasses and I doubt an upgraded body is going to help things. I sold my D7000 as even with micro adjustment it would often back focus wide open.

Most of the internet noise on poor AF comes from the first firmware versions and the first versions of the lenses. If I was to pop the granddaddy of m4/3 lenses on the OM-D (20mm 1.7) the AF would be very poor compared to say the latest 25mms.

My point is I don't think the AF with modern lenses is going to be all that much better on the Pro2.

Valid point - but surely none of us buy ANY tech/gadgets as "investments" though? I take your point, however, that the used-value plummets as a result of the new model - and you have no control over that.

Further - WEX now have the X-Pro 1 kit with the 18 & 27 lenses back in stock for a mere £499 - - also, you get get a voucher for free next day delivery...

So - too good to miss...... :exit:

My X Pro-1 with a 35 and an 18mm lens still does exactly what I bought it to do - act as a brilliant compact walkabout/travel system.
As nice as the XP2 seems, I won't be adding it to my bag, because I don't need it.
The XP1 is still an amazing camera, despite its stupidly low price.

My X Pro-1 with a 35 and an 18mm lens still does exactly what I bought it to do - act as a brilliant compact walkabout/travel system.
As nice as the XP2 seems, I won't be adding it to my bag, because I don't need it.
The XP1 is still an amazing camera, despite its stupidly low price.
Agree!

Further - WEX now have the X-Pro 1 kit with the 18 & 27 lenses back in stock for a mere £499 - - also, you get get a voucher for free next day delivery...

So - too good to miss...... :exit:

Oh when I checked earlier it was saying awaiting stock got my name down for one just waiting for my part ex to go trough to see how much it will cost me.... Also reserved the used grip they had in stock for £5.....

Maybe I'll have it for the weekend then......

Oh when I checked earlier it was saying awaiting stock got my name down for one just waiting for my part ex to go trough to see how much it will cost me.... Also reserved the used grip they had in stock for £5.....

Maybe I'll have it for the weekend then......
I've had my eye on it for couple of days (a bit like yourself, I guess), checked at 930 this morning and still Awaiting Stock, then again around 4.00 and Boom!
Google WEX Discount Codes and you'll find a free next day delivery code too, if it's not too late...

Last edited:
I've had my eye on it for couple of days (a bit like yourself, I guess), checked at 930 this morning and still Awaiting Stock, then again around 4.00 and Boom!
Google WEX Discount Codes and you'll find a free next day delivery code too, if it's not too late...

Will do thanks feel like a kid waiting for Christmas now [emoji1]

Yep no the feeling,but sometimes were to blame with the constant pressure for camera manufacture to bring out something new :(

Yep no the feeling,but sometimes were to blame with the constant pressure for camera manufacture to bring out something new :(

In some what's they've shot themselves in the foot with this strategy, now there's a huge gap in price that isn't representative of the value increase.

As an aside I just shot with the Pro1 and this came out the top, WTF!? Does this mean I need to buy a Pro2?

24376547402_1c7245f043_b.jpg

Just a heads-up, had quick nosey at the Fuji refurb store and the X Pro 1 is currently only £299. I'm assuming the release of the X Pro 2 has had an impact.

The even better news is the PAYPAL12 discount code seems to work, so that's £269.

Now, I know you need to add a lens (or 2), but that seems insane value to me.....
The XPro1 has been £299 ( and 10% cheaper with the code) from the Fuji refurb store for many months now, if they have any in stock. I got the 2 lens and case kit from Currys for £499. Absolute bargain, and even better than that, it was bought for me!
I saw a couple of days ago, brand new Xpro1 bodies from Amazon for around £280.

Mine just arrived - I must've misread the WEX page - it's come with a Fuji case, which I wasn't expecting - making it even better value!!

It's here :banana::banana: Strap attached 27mm lens attached battery on charge on manual on my desk so I can have a quick read when I can.

Yes the case adds even more value one really stupid question I have about the case is the little round pouch for the lens and body caps as neither lens fits in it!

It's here :banana::banana: Strap attached 27mm lens attached battery on charge on manual on my desk so I can have a quick read when I can.

Yes the case adds even more value one really stupid question I have about the case is the little round pouch for the lens and body caps as neither lens fits in it!
I found that too, I keep the lens and body caps in it!

I love my XP1 and won't be parting with it as it such a capable camera, I have taken 60K + images with mine and its still like new, I will however buy the XP2 when it drops in price a little.

I love my XP1 and won't be parting with it as it such a capable camera, I have taken 60K + images with mine and its still like new, I will however buy the XP2 when it drops in price a little.

Impressive

Been around a while, apparently not very good, vignette like crazy from what I recall.
I just thought I would share it TBH only someone stated in one of the treads that apertures aren't controllable and you would just have to shoot everything wide open.:)

Apologies if I'm telling you something you already know, but I assume you've checked the Firmware levels on the body & lenses? My lenses we're up to date, but the body needed an update to 3.50 from 3.40..

Apologies if I'm telling you something you already know, but I assume you've checked the Firmware levels on the body & lenses? My lenses we're up to date, but the body needed an update to 3.50 from 3.40..

Not done it yet I went circuit and spin training last night just about to have a look at the manual to find out how to do it

I just bought an x-pro 1 with 18mm f2, 27mm f2.8 and leather case for £499 from Jessops last week.
I'm very happy with it. I also picked up the 35mm 1.4 at the same time.

As such, I'm selling the 27mm lens as I just won't use that focal length, If anyone is interested then the for sale ad is in the classified section.

Will you keep your XP1? I will be getting the XP2 when prices drop a little and a few reviews have been published. It will have to be worth the extra though....

Will you keep your XP1? I will be getting the XP2 when prices drop a little and a few reviews have been published. It will have to be worth the extra though....
Yes I will Allan, pointless selling as they won't fetch much and I may just set it up for B&W..

I think its better, especially with all the new firmware updates and its a real pleasure to use. I think thats what appeals to most owners.

It's still the same camera today as it was yesterday!
Wise words.
This is a statement I've had to remind myself of several times down the years.
You buy the "best" you can afford, the one with the best reviews (90%+ on DP review), best features, does everything you want. Great IQ. Great ergonomics, learn to use it.

Then, 2 years (or less) later, the bu99ers bring out a new model, better, faster, sharper, etc - - - and all of a sudden your old one becomes obsolete. Except, it doesn't, does it?

So easy to forget this - we've all done it, and not just with cameras......

Wise words.
This is a statement I've had to remind myself of several times down the years.
You buy the "best" you can afford, the one with the best reviews (90%+ on DP review), best features, does everything you want. Great IQ. Great ergonomics, learn to use it.

Then, 2 years (or less) later, the bu99ers bring out a new model, better, faster, sharper, etc - - - and all of a sudden your old one becomes obsolete. Except, it doesn't, does it?

So easy to forget this - we've all done it, and not just with cameras......

Well said!

Thinking of rejoining the x-pro1 gang. It's been a long time since I last had one. Bit annoyed with myself for not getting the two lens kit when they were still available. Selling the lenses ( as I already have them) would have made it a bargain.

EDIT: I've placed a wanted ad on the forum. So if anyone is thinking of moving one on, let me know.

Last edited:
Back