The Official Fuji X Pro 1 Thread

@BT Bob Good win tonight :) Cymru ambith ! Well at least until tomorrow when Ireland beat England :whistle:
Hah - a win's a win!

Although, there's hasn't been anything yet from any of the NH teams to worry any of the SH nations, IMO.

North's try came from a real comedy of errors, but we'll take it!

Today, I will be mostly Irish - to be sure!!!! ;)

Last edited:
Hah - a win's a win!

Although, there's hasn't been anything yet from any of the NH teams to worry any of the SH nations, IMO.

North's try came from a real comedy of errors, but we'll take it!

Today, I will be mostly Irish - to be sure!!!! ;)
Yeah there's still a real gulf between NH and SH , super rugby started again this morning, I've recorded the Reds v Waratahs game to watch maybe tomorrow after the Ulster v Cardiff game, Ireland tonight then the Frampton fight, full on sports weekend for sure.

I watched the 'Tahs v Reds this morning - 'Tahs looked very good.

I'll be at the Arms Park tomorrow to watch the mighty Cardiff Blues wipe Ulster out (famous last words ;) )

But yeah - great weekend for the the rugby fans - started Thursday for me watching the Dragons v Glasgow...

I'll be in northern Sweden for the England v Wales match - doubt it'll be on TV anywhere, so will be taking the iPad and hoping I can VPN to the BBC iPlayer.... :)

Last edited:
I watched the 'Tahs v Reds this morning - 'Tahs looked very good.

I'll be at the Arms Park tomorrow to watch the mighty Cardiff Blues wipe Ulster out (famous last words ;) )

But yeah - great weekend for the the rugby fans - started Thursday for me watching the Dragons v Glasgow...

I'll be in northern Sweden for the England v Wales match - doubt it'll be on TV anywhere, so will be taking the iPad and hoping I can VPN to the BBC iPlayer.... :)
LOL I hope not, but it's possible, Ulster are having an up and down kind of season. Big Stuart Mccloskey played well this evening, I have no idea why Schmidt took him off in 2nd half.I'm off to Dublin 2 weeks time for the Italy match, hope to get better results with my XT1 and 55-200mm (trying to keep this on topic :rolleyes:) I blame the welsh for my poor photos of the Ireland Wales game a few weeks back, I got into company with a couple of welsh boyos from Caerphilly in Doheny and Nesbitts before the match and had more Guinness than I'd planned to have, not conducive to steady shots OIS notwithstanding.
If you can't catch the England Wales match I'll be an honorary Cymraeg for the evening :wacky:

I like how you don't suffer from camera gas then tell a story of going dslr, xpro1, xt1, X100s then back to xpro1 in what, 3 years? :)

Heading out to do some star trails tonight, Is this possible with the x-pro 1 without a remote shutter release?

I guess I either need to shoot continuous and lock the shutter button or have it on a repeat exposure. I've only had the X-Pro 1 for a month and this is going to be my first time doing multiple long exposures.

Cheers
Mark

I have a dilemma

My Nikon D750 has to back for the shutter issue recall :( I have sent the form off etc now I have to wait I am due to go away at the end of April so need to make a back up plan in case it doesn't come back in time

I only have the 18 m and 27 mm primes for my pro1 at the moment I had planned to get at least one zoom for it but in the future now I'm thinking I should get at least one sooner :whistle:

I am considering

XF18-55
and either
XF55-200
or
XC50-230

An alterative is to buy an adaptor and use my Nikon lenses

So if anyone has any helpful advice I would be grateful

I have a dilemma

My Nikon D750 has to back for the shutter issue recall :( I have sent the form off etc now I have to wait I am due to go away at the end of April so need to make a back up plan in case it doesn't come back in time

I only have the 18 m and 27 mm primes for my pro1 at the moment I had planned to get at least one zoom for it but in the future now I'm thinking I should get at least one sooner :whistle:

I am considering

XF18-55
and either
XF55-200
or
XC50-230

An alterative is to buy an adaptor and use my Nikon lenses

So if anyone has any helpful advice I would be grateful

18-135?

The latest instalment of my lust/hate/love X-Pro1 story!

X-Pro1 – Comparing the Fuji Look to the Fuji Look

Comparing the Fuji look to the Fuji look!!

Trying to define just exactly what I find so special about the X-Pro1...

Thanks
Adam

This week's part of my X-Pro1 lust/hate/love story:

http://adambonn.com/my-love-affair-with-the-fujifilm-x-pro1/xp1-six/

Fixing my focus issues with the X-Pro1!

How I stopped expecting the X-Pro1 to do something it couldn't and instead got it to do things that it could!

What is the best flash setup for X-Pro 1? I've done a search and found many results,most of which are from a few years ago.

My option is to sell my Nikon SB700 & replace it with a Fuji fit unit, if I do this which unit is comparable performance wise to this?

The alternative is to keep the SB700 and run it via a pair of Cactus V6's.

I'm also in the market for an X-T1 at the moment so would need to be a suitable flash for this too.

Thanks
Mark

What is the best flash setup for X-Pro 1? I've done a search and found many results,most of which are from a few years ago.

My option is to sell my Nikon SB700 & replace it with a Fuji fit unit, if I do this which unit is comparable performance wise to this?

The alternative is to keep the SB700 and run it via a pair of Cactus V6's.

I'm also in the market for an X-T1 at the moment so would need to be a suitable flash for this too.

Thanks
Mark

Best TTL flash for Fuji at the moment is the Nissin I40.

Alternatively if you want to use manual OCF some Yongnuo 560's and a 560TX would give you full control of flashes from camera position and gets a lot more light per £.

In fact I think I saw an ad in the classifieds which would get you three Yongnuo's and TX for less than the cost of the nissin :D

Those Yongnuo's do look good. Off camera flash is always something that I like to use where possible so they win over the Nissin.

What is the refresh rate like on the Yongnuo's?

I used to have a Sigma DG-500 which took 1-2 seconds to refresh, it was a breath of fresh air moving up to the SB-700 and being able to fire off multiple rounds without having to wait.

Meike MK320 had reviewed well as well. Bit smaller than the nissin

Meike MK320 had reviewed well as well. Bit smaller than the nissin

It's a great little flash and I love the ability to charge the batteries in it from my phone charger, but it;s very low powered compared with the other units.

Its a physically big lens (large diameter) so may obscure quite a bit of the OVF, just something to be aware of.

It does a bit........

xpro1 ovf.jpg

But its much better to use the EVF with this lens

This week's part of my X-Pro1 lust/hate/love story:

http://adambonn.com/my-love-affair-with-the-fujifilm-x-pro1/xp1-six/

Fixing my focus issues with the X-Pro1!

How I stopped expecting the X-Pro1 to do something it couldn't and instead got it to do things that it could!

It's Sunday! The first day of spring - the dawn of the 2016 MotoGP/F1 motosports championships. (don't tell me the result, I've been busy writing this!!)

But of course, it's also time for my weekly X-Pro1 story update!!

The X-Pro1: Sycophants Please Step Outside…

Sycophants Please Step Outside

Just because someone really likes something, doesn't actually make it good... But what ultimately is the most important USP? (Unique Selling Point)

It's Sunday! The first day of spring - the dawn of the 2016 MotoGP/F1 motosports championships. (don't tell me the result, I've been busy writing this!!)

But of course, it's also time for my weekly X-Pro1 story update!!

The X-Pro1: Sycophants Please Step Outside…

Sycophants Please Step Outside

Just because someone really likes something, doesn't actually make it good... But what ultimately is the most important USP? (Unique Selling Point)

Sunday rolls round once more, and while you're POSSIBLY accessorising with chocolate, I take a look at accessories in my part 8 of my X-Pro1 story!

http://adambonn.com/my-love-affair-with-the-fujifilm-x-pro1/xp1-eight/

Are accessories must haves, or merely pimping the ride?

Enjoy!

Thanks very much!

After about 7k words I contine to NOT run out of things to bang on about!!

Reciprocated on IG too :)

Haha it's a great camera. I found the more I used it, the more I learnt about it. I miss it in a way although there is a lot about my X-T that I love too.

Cheers :)

I also have a XT1 but I use the pro1 a lot more.

The XP1 is such a humble little thing, it just gets on with being a camera, without geo tagging anything, or trying to wirelessly connect to the kitchen sink or whatever the kidz expect their cameras to do these dayz ;)

I tend to leave it on base ISO, use it in MF, the shutter dial on A, the EV wheel to get 1/3 shutter stops if needed and it's good to go!

I find the XT to be a bit 'oh yeah, must remember that tracking doesn't work if ES is selected' and things like that

The XP1 is more, 'oh yeah there is no tracking, hmmmm anticipate and focus traps it is then'

I feel that I work for the XP shots a little more, so when (if!!) they turn out ok, I get a nice sense of "I did that"

Cheers

I also have a XT1 but I use the pro1 a lot more.

The XP1 is such a humble little thing, it just gets on with being a camera, without geo tagging anything, or trying to wirelessly connect to the kitchen sink or whatever the kidz expect their cameras to do these dayz ;)

I tend to leave it on base ISO, use it in MF, the shutter dial on A, the EV wheel to get 1/3 shutter stops if needed and it's good to go!

I find the XT to be a bit 'oh yeah, must remember that tracking doesn't work if ES is selected' and things like that

The XP1 is more, 'oh yeah there is no tracking, hmmmm anticipate and focus traps it is then'

I feel that I work for the XP shots a little more, so when (if!!) they turn out ok, I get a nice sense of "I did that"

Cheers

It mostly has just the essentials which is what I liked about it. I liked the rangefinder feel to it as well. Granted I know it's not a rangefinder but you know want I mean.

I mainly switched as I wanted an articulating screen and faster AF. The ES is handy at times too. Wifi was a nice addition to have too. Not essential however and I could have lived without it.

The images feel a little more organic from the XP1 too. I'd happily have another :)

Sunday rolls round once more, and while you're POSSIBLY accessorising with chocolate, I take a look at accessories in my part 8 of my X-Pro1 story!

http://adambonn.com/my-love-affair-with-the-fujifilm-x-pro1/xp1-eight/

Are accessories must haves, or merely pimping the ride?

Enjoy!

Hi everyone,

The next part of my X-Pro1 story is now live!

http://adambonn.com/my-love-affair-with-the-fujifilm-x-pro1/xp1-nine/

This week, I continue my look at accessories for the X-Pro1. This time it's the accessories not made by Fujifilm.

Enjoy!

When shooting with the X-Pro 1 I like to shoot in manual and adjust the exposure using the shutter speed, however I find it awkward to adjust the shutter speed on the fly. Is it possible to set it up so that the shutter speed can be adjusted using the command dial on the back of the camera?

I know that if I select the shutter dial to 'T' it will allow me to go between 2 - 30 seconds but that's no good for every day shooting.

From what I can gather this is possible on other Fuji X series cameras like the X-T1 and X-T10, so I'm hoping that this also translates to the X-Pro 1 and I'm just being thick!?

When shooting with the X-Pro 1 I like to shoot in manual and adjust the exposure using the shutter speed, however I find it awkward to adjust the shutter speed on the fly. Is it possible to set it up so that the shutter speed can be adjusted using the command dial on the back of the camera?

I know that if I select the shutter dial to 'T' it will allow me to go between 2 - 30 seconds but that's no good for every day shooting.

From what I can gather this is possible on other Fuji X series cameras like the X-T1 and X-T10, so I'm hoping that this also translates to the X-Pro 1 and I'm just being thick!?

I don't think it's possible to do exactly what you want.

However, in A priority mode (especially with a manually selected ISO) you can use the EV wheel to go +/- 2 stops, which if you trust the auto shutter speed to get somewhere close to the correct exposure (which it generally does) then this (IMO, YMMV) makes a passable work a round, with the added advantage of being able to select 1/3 stops (which the shutter dial doesn't offer)

Obviously if the camera selects 1/30th (in A mode) and you want 1/2000 it's not a lot of help (!!) but for example, if the camera selects 1/1000 because it's metering on the shadows, but you want 1/4000 to preserve the highlights, then add minus 2 stops on the EV wheel, and the camera will be forced to select 1/4000 (assuming aperture is manually set and there's no auto ISO in play)

HTH?

Back