The Official Fuji X Pro 1 Thread

Thanks Dave much appreciated.

No worries @StuartH As Adam says it's highly subjective. One thing I do find with the 56mm is nailing focus at 1.2 is an art in itself, and quite often you end up stopping the lens down a little just to get the best from it. However, it's a beast of a lens, that's why it's so loved. But still, as slow and deliberate as the 60mm is, I think it's one of Fuji's much maligned lenses and a quality bit of kit. If budget is an issue the 60mm is a great option.

Well FWIW... I recently (15 days ago iirc) lost the flash sync cover from my Pro1, and I couldn't find anyone selling one (the XT1 one is different)

So I dropped Fuji UK an email on the same day which was a Thurs. Hearing nothing back and being impatient, I visited my local second hand film camera store and they gave me one from a canon ae1 slr (foc) which pleased me!

The following Tuesday (might of been Monday actually) Fuji got back to me asking, what's my address, they'd send one out to me foc, which arrived the next day

So yes, it is the little things, and that pleased me.

I've no clue why they haven't got back to you tho... FYI the online store is closed until the 15/2

Its a shame that they haven't but I am sure they will eventually.

The store keeps updating, it was supposed to be back online around the 3rd or 4th I recall and it keeps getting pushed back. First to the 8th, then the 10th, 11th, and now the 15th so I'm not sure the date has any sort of bearing on reality to be honest. I guess only time will tell but so far my trust and perception in the brand due to this has been tainted a little.

No worries @StuartH As Adam says it's highly subjective. One thing I do find with the 56mm is nailing focus at 1.2 is an art in itself, and quite often you end up stopping the lens down a little just to get the best from it. However, it's a beast of a lens, that's why it's so loved. But still, as slow and deliberate as the 60mm is, I think it's one of Fuji's much maligned lenses and a quality bit of kit. If budget is an issue the 60mm is a great option.
Budget not to much an issue mate just want to get it right first time..I have a feeling I would regret not gouing for the 56mm if I chose the 60mm to save a few quid.I think my minds pretty made up on lenses for now its just the body I cannot decide on xe2/xpro 1 or even xt10 fuji has far too many models :LOL:

Budget not to much an issue mate just want to get it right first time..I have a feeling I would regret not gouing for the 56mm if I chose the 60mm to save a few quid.I think my minds pretty made up on lenses for now its just the body I cannot decide on xe2/xpro 1 or even xt10 fuji has far too many models :LOL:

pretty much made my mind up on 56mm..have gone back and forth between the 2 35mms though and even considered getting the 18-55mm for now and adding a 35mm at a later date,could treat the mrs to a nice meal and bottle of bubbly to ease the ear ache

If budget is no issue, then 56mm, simples. :)

Body wise, as great as the X-Pro1 is for photographing with the soul :))), again the X-E2 & X-T10 hands it it's a**e as far as speed (and features) go! I think the choice is then do you want a "rangefinder" style or more normal style ie, XE2 or X-T10. When I bought my X-Pro1 my mind was set on an X-E1 at the time, but when I handled both the X-Pro1 was a much nicer thing to hold, so you really need to grasp both and see which is nicer in hand, given the performance issues aside.

Cheers Dave I think I will see if my local shop has both in so I can try them out in person but leaning towards the XE2..Just nervous about biting the bullet now as knowing my luck fuji will have a belter of a deal soon on the XE2 seeing as the new one is being released.

Its a shame that they haven't but I am sure they will eventually.

The store keeps updating, it was supposed to be back online around the 3rd or 4th I recall and it keeps getting pushed back. First to the 8th, then the 10th, 11th, and now the 15th so I'm not sure the date has any sort of bearing on reality to be honest. I guess only time will tell but so far my trust and perception in the brand due to this has been tainted a little.

I just checked, and it was the Fuji Tech people that emailed me back within 2 working days (4 actual days) not the shop people. Perhaps that's why they're leaving you hanging and I got lucky?

It's bad form though, I appreciate your frustration.

But I did just want to share a positive Fuji UK story

If budget is no issue, then 56mm, simples. :)

Body wise, as great as the X-Pro1 is for photographing with the soul :))), again the X-E2 & X-T10 hands it it's a**e as far as speed (and features) go! I think the choice is then do you want a "rangefinder" style or more normal style ie, XE2 or X-T10. When I bought my X-Pro1 my mind was set on an X-E1 at the time, but when I handled both the X-Pro1 was a much nicer thing to hold, so you really need to grasp both and see which is nicer in hand, given the performance issues aside.

This pretty much nails it IMO! I hate Leica M / XP1 comparisons but FWIW, iirc the XP1 actually has less external buttons and internal features than a M240 (and Leica folk are forever raving about simplicity :) )

If things like fast(er) AF, some focus tracking, wifi, face detection yada yada are important to you, then get a XTx/XE2

If a slower more methodical photographical approach is your bag, then you could do far, far worse than have a XP1 in your bag!! (You can of course work slowly with a fast camera)

Re your 35 dilema, the f2 is optically corrected in camera and will focus faster (it's also weather sealed, Although neither of your quoted body choices are...) but it's a stop slower than the f1.4 version which is not optically corrected.

The 18-55 is a great "kit" zoom and has very good AF performance, but it's appreciably slower than the primes, for example at 35mm it'll be a min of f3.x whilst the 35s will be 1.4/2

Can't recommend going to try the cameras in store enough, feel is so important. Maybe you could look at the fuji refurb store when they re-open? You'll save a few quid!

Thanks Adam I would like to try the xpro and xe2 in hand before I decide if possible.I think my mind is made up on lenses for now.It will be the 56mm and 35mm f2.Think I will wait until fuji refurb store is back online before I part with any cash.

Unless they've sacked it off, then the discount code PAYPAL12 is good for a 10% discount on the refurb bodies (you don't actually have to pay with Paypal)

Yeah remember seeing that code on here will give it a go if I havent got too impatient and brought it all new by the time fuji store is up and running lol

Yeah remember seeing that code on here will give it a go if I havent got too impatient and brought it all new by the time fuji store is up and running lol
I know how that feels.. The store opening date keeps getting pushed back and as they don't seem to want to reply to any business requests I went and purchased else where. Still a Fuji though so no skin off of their noses.

I had a play with the xe2, it's a better featured and to a degree specked unit than the xpro1 but it's lacking character and feel. I believe that the way a camera makes you feel when you take a picture and how it makes you work for it or how it handles are just as important as the results and the xpro1 results are just as good and some how seem more rewarding. I think you'll regret going xe2 over the xpro1 to be honest.

Having just got an XT1 I have off loaded one of my XP1's on that auction site for a very reasonable £230 meaning a loss of just £145 over 2 years not bad really.

I will be keeping my original XP1 as that was bought a couple of months after release.. :( I will hang on till prices on the XP2 drop then add that to the collection.

I'm looking to get a new lens for use with a hoya IR filter. Anybody use one that doesn't create hot spots?

have you tried the 14mm out?

I'm not bothered about long exposures, non will be hand held. I'd like a good lens without hot spots because I like the artificial coloured ir and can't be bothered using brush masks in LR to hide them. It's much easier to hide them in b&w, it'd be nice to have a lens that doesn't create the issue to start with though(y)

Thank you Mr Perceptive, nice album. I like the 14mm, fancied something fairly wide. Google gave a few results on the 14 and 23mm but no real users to say wether or not they were hot spot free, my other lenses are a nightmare for them.

Looks like you've helped me to spend some money:D

@Mr Perceptive

Thanks, tried the 18-135. It's perfect for ir, zero hotspot. Nice walkabout lens too, just need to get out with it now the sun is shining(y)

I have fancied trying an XP1 again, I had one back in the early days in 2012 but I think its been much improved since then with firmware, the XP2 coming soon probably isn't helping!
If you're seriously considering one now is definitely the time to buy, I reckon there's loads of 2nd hand bargains about atm

£269.10 on the Fuji Refub store at the moment, using PAYPAL12 discount code.... If you already have lenses, it's a steal.....

@BT Bob Good win tonight :) Cymru ambith ! Well at least until tomorrow when Ireland beat England :whistle:

Back