The Official Fuji X Pro 1 Thread

Yes they have a new grip that fits xpro 1 .my friend had exactly same prob re the battery comp etc but then found the newer one,saw it on his xpro1 yesterday actually,looked good

Just put a wanted ad for a Fuji X-Pro 1 grip (original or 3rd party) if you have a grip you no longer use or need please let me know. Thanks

The quintessential English village – in January....

Castle%20Combe%20HDR_BampW_1024px_zpsj1jz55z7.jpg

.... a bit manipulated (removal of double yellow lines and sepia toned etc.) and an image taken by many in the past but pleasing nonetheless.

The quintessential English village – in January....

Castle%20Combe%20HDR_BampW_1024px_zpsj1jz55z7.jpg

.... a bit manipulated (removal of double yellow lines and sepia toned etc.) and an image taken by many in the past but pleasing nonetheless.
Nicely composed and processed.

If my spectacle prescription for my right eye is -1.75, do I need a -1 or a +1 (or 2) diopoter lens for my soon-to-arrive X-Pro1?
To answer my own question, I got a +2 from Robert White (Voigtlander brand) and it works perfectly with my specs. (I dislike having to take them off for photography).
And I'm really enjoying using this alongside my X-T2, though it is more susceptible to camera shake on non-stabilised lenses. It's a pearl with the 18-55.

To answer my own question, I got a +2 from Robert White (Voigtlander brand) and it works perfectly with my specs. (I dislike having to take them off for photography).
And I'm really enjoying using this alongside my X-T2, though it is more susceptible to camera shake on non-stabilised lenses. It's a pearl with the 18-55.

Funnily enough, I've never tried my Pro1 with my 18-55 - the 10-24 is permanently attached and that combination is just lovely for landscapes

Funnily enough, I've never tried my Pro1 with my 18-55 - the 10-24 is permanently attached and that combination is just lovely for landscapes
I think the 10-24 sits better on the X-T2, but anyway it's a superb lens.

Looking at the Fuji X100F price, it seems better value for me to get the X-Pro2! :D or maybe a XT-20 :eek:

You're in the wrong thread on all camera body counts!!! But don't think for one moment that the 23mm lens on the X100 series is anywhere near as sharp as the XF23mm F1.4
Oooops, surely this thread should now be renamed to the Fuji X-Pro 1 and X-Pro 2? :D

Excellent pics but that third one is really fantastic!

Thanks :) I need to work a way to not have to shoot them through glass. Our kitchen windows always tend to give off this 'haze' that makes the images appear noisier, must be something in the glass. It's like having a crap filter on the lens :D But, for now it's my only way to get as close without scaring them off. They've only started coming in, when they get a little more used to seeing me I'll try shoot some outside.

There's nothing wrong with a bit of luminance noise if it's fine grain and I cannot see it in the image you posted because of the size..you can probably tell from the full sized file.

I've shot two pics through glass - this one below being an example.

View attachment 94644

Beautiful image! I love Tigers :)

Yeah, I get fussy when processing and viewing 100%, but I'm happy enough with the results. I just know I can get a little 'cleaner' if I can shoot them without glass between [btw, before anyone suggests, I did clean the windows first :D ]

Watched a video on the xpro1 this morning, nice to see a youtuber still finding it relevant enough to make videos on today:

I think I will try using mine in Jpeg only for a while, see how it goes. I shoot nothing but RAW on my XT-1, so it might be refreshing to change it up. Give this body ore of a purpose, as I see it as merely back up in general. Mainly because I just prefer the feel of the XT-1 [with grip] and it's more in line with my ol' dslr shooting habits. But there's a charm about the pro1 and I want to be using it more.

Last edited:
I think a camera is never not relevant to be honest. It's relevant when it first comes out and continues to be until a new model arrives but at that time before the new arrival it is the best to offer by that brand in that segment. If it did a good job then it'll continue to do a good job. The only difference is the perception that it's not good enough when it is replaced. If my XPro2 and XT2 were film era bodies I'd have found exactly what I was looking for and wouldn't be looking to make a change. Tech moves on and unfortunately most of us including myself like to keep up with the Jones's.

I loved my Xpro1, I preferred the images out he camera to my XPro2 but when it came to low light and to AF it did need a bump in performance hence the change. Frustratingly recently I tend to take photos in good light and manually but the longer you wait with a body the less it's worth and ultimately if a body doesn't get the use it deserves then you need to find it a new home.

Props to that you tuber though!

That's precisely what I meant by relevant. As in, people considering buying it. Many won't, just because there's a new model, even if it's 3 times the price.

I have mostly always been behind the times in terms of the camera models I used, apart from when I bought the D800E as soon as it was available. Before that I used a D90 well after the newer D7000 series came to market. I am indeed one of those who believe if it was good enough then, it's good enough now. You're talking to someone who also uses 50 year old lenses regularly btw ;)

Atm I have the XT-1 and the xpro1, with no real intention of getting the 2 versions of either in the near future. I am , however, tempted by the XT20, because of the price point. And the fact it is basically a mini XT-2, with a few less features.

That's precisely what I meant by relevant. As in, people considering buying it. Many won't, just because there's a new model, even if it's 3 times the price.

I have mostly always been behind the times in terms of the camera models I used, apart from when I bought the D800E as soon as it was available. Before that I used a D90 well after the newer D7000 series came to market. I am indeed one of those who believe if it was good enough then, it's good enough now. You're talking to someone who also uses 50 year old lenses regularly btw ;)

Atm I have the XT-1 and the xpro1, with no real intention of getting the 2 versions of either in the near future. I am , however, tempted by the XT20, because of the price point. And the fact it is basically a mini XT-2, with a few less features.
I traded my XT1 for an XT2 and purchased the XPro2 as it was finally faster than the 7D I'd been holding on to. Given I use a Leica M adapter and a voigtlander lens a fair amount I know where your coming from on the lens perspective. The slighter warmer and more orange hue gives a more cinematic look to the images and he glass is pin sharp! Xt20 was going to find my kit bag but couldn't pass on the XT2 offer in the end.

Been looking at some of my Jpegs from the xpro1, and I'm pretty pleased. Still finding the ISO noise can be a little 'messier' than with RAW, but I love the feel and look of the images produced by this camera. I do agree with others that say it has a ore film type look than the XT-1.

Very light/typical LR PP for both, toned down highlights, adjusted blacks/contrast slightly.

35mm f/1.4 @1.4, ISO 1000, 1/500
Scout by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

35mm f/1.4 @1.4, ISO 1600, 1/500
Scrappy by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

Last edited:
Could you guys recommend some 3rd party batteries for this camera or do I need to get Fuji ones?

Also, what is the maximum SD card that it can take?

Could you guys recommend some 3rd party batteries for this camera or do I need to get Fuji ones?

Also, what is the maximum SD card that it can take?
Regarding batteries, I would suggest ExPro White. I use 64gb cards with no issues.

Are there any alternative to the Fuji Leather case? Because I'd like one to have a battery opening at the bottom, I know the Fuji one does not.

Like this, but not for £150 ! (after shipping and VAT)

https://www.kaza-deluxe.com/detail.php?id=158

Not to my (limited) knowledge - it is a bit of a faff to remove the case just to change the battery but you also have to do this to plug in the cable when downloading images - however it is a good protector of the paintwork

Someone picked up an absolute bargain on eBay last night - a late issue XP1 in mint condition for just £200 - just one bidder who picked it up at the initial listing price. Well done them

Someone picked up an absolute bargain on eBay last night - a late issue XP1 in mint condition for just £200 - just one bidder who picked it up at the initial listing price. Well done them

What was it listed as? I'm not seeing it when I search for X-Pro1 completed listings. Not that it really matters as it's gone now....

Not to my (limited) knowledge - it is a bit of a faff to remove the case just to change the battery but you also have to do this to plug in the cable when downloading images - however it is a good protector of the paintwork

I think I'll leave the leather case, never use a carry case for my 5D so not going to start now, have ordered a thumb grip though to add more ergonomic feel to the camera without adding bulk or obstructing the battery door.

Back