The Official Fuji X Pro 1 Thread

It would use the same frame lines as the 60mm Chris..
Of course they could add frame lines for it in a firmware update but the OVF will be limited to the same magnification as when using the 60mm, EVF and rear screen would give the full image of course.

I'm wondering if anyone can throw some light on this for me.

I've looked at the X-Pro1 this morning, and more or less made my mind up that's what I want to buy...

The only question I have hanging over it is the lack of diopter adjustment.

I'm a glasses wearer and looking through the OVF notice it's not quite tack sharp - so I'm assuming I need some kind of adjustment for it. I understand it's fine for auto focus as the camera locks on, but for manual focus this will be an issue.

I know Fuji do their own adjustment sets and I believe the Nikon Diopters also fit - my question is how do I know which size diopter I need. As an example, I think the Fuji diopter correction lenses come in +3, +2 & +1 for both long and short sighted people.

Any help gratefully received.

You need to ask your optician this question, they will be able to tell you which one you need.

Having said that I just use my reading glasses with the standard diopter and its fine for me.

I'm wondering if anyone can throw some light on this for me.

I've looked at the X-Pro1 this morning, and more or less made my mind up that's what I want to buy...

The only question I have hanging over it is the lack of diopter adjustment.

I'm a glasses wearer and looking through the OVF notice it's not quite tack sharp - so I'm assuming I need some kind of adjustment for it. I understand it's fine for auto focus as the camera locks on, but for manual focus this will be an issue.

I know Fuji do their own adjustment sets and I believe the Nikon Diopters also fit - my question is how do I know which size diopter I need. As an example, I think the Fuji diopter correction lenses come in +3, +2 & +1 for both long and short sighted people.

Any help gratefully received.

The shop i brought mine from had a range in,so just tried them +2 for me :)

The shop i brought mine from had a range in,so just tried them +2 for me :)

Thanks. I'll bear that in mind. Knowing my prescription I'm hoping I can figure out which I need so it doesn't become too costly buying alternative diopters :D

Hello all - I think I'm just about to make the leap into the Fuji world.

I can probably just about get the 18, 35 and 60, and I know the 35mm is supposed to be awesome, but I've seen some very good reviews for the 18-55 zoom.

Normally I like the convenience of zooms and switch to primes when I really want a shallow DoF, but the 18-55 is f/2.8, which may be shallow enough for my needs!

Anyway, I could save quite a bit of money, or perhaps get a 55-200 as well, if I went for the zoom, and it might save a lot of swapping. I'd be grateful for suggestions on whether I'd lose very much?

Hello all - I think I'm just about to make the leap into the Fuji world. I can probably just about get the 18, 35 and 60, and I know the 35mm is supposed to be awesome, but I've seen some very good reviews for the 18-55 zoom. Normally I like the convenience of zooms and switch to primes when I really want a shallow DoF, but the 18-55 is f/2.8, which may be shallow enough for my needs! Anyway, I could save quite a bit of money, or perhaps get a 55-200 as well, if I went for the zoom, and it might save a lot of swapping. I'd be grateful for suggestions on whether I'd lose very much?

It's going to very much depend on your style of photography, but I have the 35mm and the 18-55 and the 35mm is on my X-Pro 1 95% of the time it's just that good.

If it's shallow depth of field you're after then there's a world of difference between the 35mm and 18-55mm at 35mm. The zoom may start at f/2.8, but it goes down to f/4 as you increase the focal length.

Personally, if I could only use one lens on the X-Pro 1 it would be the 35mm.

It's going to very much depend on your style of photography, but I have the 35mm and the 18-55 and the 35mm is on my X-Pro 1 95% of the time it's just that good.

If it's shallow depth of field you're after then there's a world of difference between the 35mm and 18-55mm at 35mm. The zoom may start at f/2.8, but it goes down to f/4 as you increase the focal length.

Personally, if I could only use one lens on the X-Pro 1 it would be the 35mm.

That's great info, thanks.

I'm just about to jump into the world of X-Pro1 and thinking the 18-55mm and 35mm will suit most of what I want.

My rationale is that at 18mm I can be at 2.8, at 35mm I can be at 1.4 and at 55mm I can be at f4.

Sound or not? :shrug:

I'm just about to jump into the world of X-Pro1 and thinking the 18-55mm and 35mm will suit most of what I want.

My rationale is that at 18mm I can be at 2.8, at 35mm I can be at 1.4 and at 55mm I can be at f4.

Well, those are the cold hard facts. Whether or not they're right for you who can say?

Thanks all - Well, I made the jump this morning, and like Dave 'Wibbly' I went for 35mm +18-55mm.

Loving it so far - somewhat quirky, but I like the fact that I keep discovering new features, like clicking the scroll-wheel when in manual focus...

My Leica-owning friend is impressed...

If I could start my Fuji line-up again this is what I would do. I went all primes (18, 35 and 60) first, sold the 60 and got the 18-55 zoom planning to sell the 18mm and have the zoom and 35mm only. But prices have dropped and it isn't worth me selling the 18mm now. Instead I am selling my zoom and will get the 56mm when it comes out (or another 60 if I cannot wait).

Just picked up a Fuji X-Pro and 18-55mm lens.

OMG, I have fallen in love! :LOL: :love:

Now to sell the other kidney to buy the 23mm or 56mm when they arrive! :cautious:

23mm's out already Dave, better add a testicle to the list as well ;)

Haha :D I think the Wife had those a while ago :)

Picked my X-Pro up yesterday with an 18-55mm zoom. I don't think I've ever been so excited to get a camera before - I've even put a screen protector on it!

Might as well get an X100s, the lens might be a stop slower but the rear cap is another camera.

Hi, That's a very good point, so I guess it's back to the drawing board for me.

23mm isn't out in the UK yet and getting one without a pre-order might be tricky. Due to hit next week or the week after.

Still waiting for your Snowdonia XPro shots, Dean, not to mention your Llandudno film shots! ;)

Any third party suggestions for spare batteries? I see from looking on eBay I can buy replacement genuine second hand Fuji batteries for around £35 - £37 quid, but am wondering if anyone's found a good option of third party ones?

Quick question please;

Does the X100 virtually do the same as the X-Pro1 ?

The X100 has a 12 megapixel APS-C Sensor with a fixed 23mm f2 lens its really the precursor to the X-Pro 1.

The new X100S has the same image sensor as the X-Pro 1 and improved AF but body wise appears to be basically the same as the previous X100.

The new X100S has the same image sensor as the X-Pro 1 and improved AF but body wise appears to be basically the same as the previous X100.

Not quite - since the X100S has the included phase detection pixels for the AF, it must differ somehow. But it does appear that the essential image quality of the two are very similar.

The X100s uses the mk2 xtrans sensor, its a different sensor to that fitted to the X-Pro1 (mk1) as well as the dual focusing it also offers the ability to have split image manual focus assist as well

I see the x_ pro1 is in offer at present (£949) with the 18mm and a choice of another prime. I got a x20 in an insurance deal and love the images I am getting so expect the x-pro1 to make me smile as much. Battery life on x20 is limited, what is it like on x-pro1?

I picked up the 23mm f1.4 today - what a beauty that lens is! its a hefty lens, build quality feels a step up from the original primes.

If anyone else is interested, they have another in stock at great western cameras on amazon. as its local to me (Swindon) i nipped in with the plastic fantastic. very happy :D

Back