The Official Fuji X Pro 1 Thread

The free lens offer seems to be across the board on the X-Pro 1, quite tempting at £999 actually,

I just snapped this up yesterday from WEX. Delivered this morning and have been having a little play around with it. If you get it from WEX they are chucking in a Billingham Hadley Digital bag as well!

Just got to decide which of the free lenses I want to get now.

Loving the feel of the camera so far :)

Battery life on x20 is limited, what is it like on x-pro1?

I've found it to be quite disappointing, getting an average of 150 shots to a full charge. I've tried turning off image review, quick start and the EVF except when really needed but it's not made much of a difference.

I've found it to be quite disappointing, getting an average of 150 shots to a full charge. I've tried turning off image review, quick start and the EVF except when really needed but it's not made much of a difference.

Yep you do need quite a few spares got 5 battery now,but most mirrorless system seem to have very low battery life's

I suspect this means the xpro2 isn't very far away. But in a slightly arse about face way of looking at things I'm seeing this offer as £900 of free lenses + a camera I can sell to help fund the xpro2 when it arrives

I suspect this means the xpro2 isn't very far away. But in a slightly arse about face way of looking at things I'm seeing this offer as £900 of free lenses + a camera I can sell to help fund the xpro2 when it arrives
I thought a similar thing, in fact I nearly pulled the trigger at the last free lens offer a few months back, but the price this time round is about £200 less. But can I justify another camera.....:thinking:

Nice if you want the lens,but you have remember,the s/h prices go down a lot and the price of the body will drop as soon as the X2-pro come out.

:)

My thoughts. Am hankering after something to take out instead of DSLR. Loved the X100 but not the AF so that was sold. This looks a bargain, £900 for a camera and 2 lenses, however what will the pro 2 be like? DSLR AF maybe??? That for me would be a clincher (especially if in chrome).

My thoughts. Am hankering after something to take out instead of DSLR. Loved the X100 but not the AF so that was sold. This looks a bargain, £900 for a camera and 2 lenses, however what will the pro 2 be like? DSLR AF maybe??? That for me would be a clincher (especially if in chrome).
The af on the ex2 is supposed to be a beast and the x100s is vastly improved over the x100 so one would hope so

Anyone here us any Nikon manual lenses on the Fuji with success? Would love to hear if you have and if there are any issues.
I'm considering buying a trio of primes that can be used on multiple systems, I have identified 3 Nikon AIS lenses I think would fit the bill.. The 28mm f2.8, 50mm f1.2 and 85mm f2.0.

Can anyone tell me about updating lens firmware? Earlier on today I received my 55-200 lens and when I attached it to the camera it told me to update the body firmware. I have done the successfully.I just wondered how lens firmware works?

Anyone here us any Nikon manual lenses on the Fuji with success? Would love to hear if you have and if there are any issues.
I'm considering buying a trio of primes that can be used on multiple systems, I have identified 3 Nikon AIS lenses I think would fit the bill.. The 28mm f2.8, 50mm f1.2 and 85mm f2.0.

Hi, I use Nikon AI & AIS lenses on my X-E1, they all perform extreemly well without any problems. Obviously they only work manually in stopped down mode, aperture priority metering. I just focus wide open bring the aperture to whatever I want to shoot at and fire away.

When getting a lens adapter you must make sure it is one that will enable you to focus your Nikon lenses at infinity, as not all of them allow this.

Hope this helps.

Can anyone tell me about updating lens firmware? Earlier on today I received my 55-200 lens and when I attached it to the camera it told me to update the body firmware. I have done the successfully.I just wondered how lens firmware works?

Hi, It's exactly the same with the lens attached. Select the firmware update from the Fuji site and download it. The firmware update menu on your camera will ask you what you want to update and you just select it accordingly and apply.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Goerge,

So if a manual lens via adapter is fitted and the camera is in aperture priority (xpro1 shutter on A) when I half press the shutter the camera will give me an exposure it assumes is correct? Does it still meter when stopped down and on Aperture priority? Will the camera know what aperture I have set?

Sorry for all the questions, it will be the first time I have used a third party manual lens.

I'll look into adapters, I've no idea what a good brand of adapter is at the moment.

Many thanks :)

The camera has no idea what aperture you've set with the majority of adapters as there's no electronic connection between the lens and the body. It won't matter to the camera and use the EVF for both focus peaking and because you won't get guidelines in the OVF. Remember to set the focus selector to Manual and turn on the option for "shoot without lens" in the menus.

I use this one from Amazon; very well made for the price and I haven't had any problems with it.

Hi, It's exactly the same with the lens attached. Select the firmware update from the Fuji site and download it. The firmware update menu on your camera will ask you what you want to update and you just select it accordingly and apply.

Hope this helps.

So where do you get the lens firmware from, as when I search for lens firmware all I get is the body firmware. I installed firmware 3.01 onto my xpro1 yesterday.

Thanks Goerge,

So if a manual lens via adapter is fitted and the camera is in aperture priority (xpro1 shutter on A) when I half press the shutter the camera will give me an exposure it assumes is correct? Does it still meter when stopped down and on Aperture priority? Will the camera know what aperture I have set?

Sorry for all the questions, it will be the first time I have used a third party manual lens.

I'll look into adapters, I've no idea what a good brand of adapter is at the moment.

Many thanks :)

Hi Dan, Sorry I missed a point I should have added, metering will be with the lens stopped down. What I should have said is that I focus with the lens wide open, then stop the lens down to the aperture I want to work at. With the camera set to aperture priority the shutter speed will then be set by the camera when you half press the shutter release. The EVF & Rear Screen will be progressively dimmer the more you stop the lens down that is why I do my focussing with the lens at maximum aperture and then stop down manually.

The adapter that I use was one of many available on Ebay and is nothing special, as I said before you must make sure it is one that will allow you to focus at infinity.

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Hope this helps.,

George.

Looking forward to picking this up this week. Then finally moving on my Canon EF lenses finally! Three young children and the bulk of a DSLR made it near impossible. Just after something small and creative, just the choice of the free lens to ponder.

Looking forward to picking this up this week. Then finally moving on my Canon EF lenses finally! Three young children and the bulk of a DSLR made it near impossible. Just after something small and creative, just the choice of the free lens to ponder.

I go for the 60mm macro,make a good portrait lens as well :)

Thanks Goerge , very helpful.

I've been looking at used AIS lenses, some of them still fetch quite a high price!

Yes I have just sent my paperwork off for the 60mm too. As said a good makro lens and a great portrait lens, although I have read AF is a little slow, its also the most expensive of the 3 free lens choices…...

Thanks Ant & Simon, looks like it will be the 60mm.

How long are people generally waiting to receive their 'free' lens?

Thanks Ant & Simon, looks like it will be the 60mm.

How long are people generally waiting to receive their 'free' lens?

According to the offer T&C's you should not even send in your application until 14 days after you purchase the camera. They will not even look at applications received before this date as they want to ensure you do not return the camera within the 14 day 'cool off' period.

According to the offer T&C's you should not even send in your application until 14 days after you purchase the camera. They will not even look at applications received before this date as they want to ensure you do not return the camera within the 14 day 'cool off' period.

Cool Off period can be longer than 14 days depending on where you buy!

So.... think I have decided to get one of these. As I have mentioned on other threads really want something smaller than D700 as an option to take out, especially family days. I know that nothing out there will match the D700 in terms of AF, but this seems to be close. Realistically the XPro2 will be something like £1300-1500 when launched so at £1k for body and 2 lenses it does seem a good deal.

One final question though... is the AF the same as the X100, and what has the firmware updates recently done to improve it?

I know that nothing out there will match the D700 in terms of AF, but this seems to be close. One final question though... is the AF the same as the X100, and what has the firmware updates recently done to improve it?

TBH, its not close. The D700 wipes the floor with it in terms of AF. The AF is better than the X100.

TBH, its not close. The D700 wipes the floor with it in terms of AF. The AF is better than the X100.

Just had a quick play with one in store. Still undecided - I thought it seemed better than the X100, bit quicker and snappier, but didnt have the kids around to test it on!!! What I miss is the camera being able to detect AF areas like on the D700 unless I am missing something (when the AF switch on the back points to the white rectangle the camera chooses the AF points rather than me selecting them). Useful for things like the wife shooting with it.

The one in store wouldve probably been on factory firmware, if thats the case the updates improve the AF speed quite a bit, especially in lower light, dont be fooled the camera is decent in good light, its when lighting gets 'tricky' that Fujis have issues. Which you can probably recall from your X100 days. I would only rely on focus/recompose single focus point.

Last edited:
Well, the X-Pro1 is certainly dropping in price! Fuji refurb have this at £499 body only and £799 with either the 35mm or 18mm!

So theyre trying to sell refurbs at new prices then. When you work out the current deal of NEW XP1 and 2 lenses for £1k.

How annoying. Popped into calumet who were out of stock (they are throwing in the leather case too). Had a play with one that I assume had a firmware upgrade as mf seemed ok, unlike the old x100. However I did have a play with the x100s and was very impressed. The selecting of af points was much better and it seemed really snappy.

Are any of you guys using thumb grips like thumbs up or anything? If so which ones and do you have any links to them or where you got them from?

Also looking for a decent wrist strap if anyone has any suggestions?

Back