The Official Fuji X Pro 1 Thread

Ordered my refurb 27mm Pancake at 4 on Friday, doorbell went at 7.30... Arrived and looks like new.

They must be getting orders out the door pretty sharpish because of Christmas.

Great Service!

My order from Friday was dispatched today too, probably too much to hope for a delivery tomorrow!

Nice! Mines been dispatched today so hopefully not too far away :)

My 35mm arrived today by CityLink, massive bit of luck as I was just about to get in the shower and noticed the van coming up the drive, wasn't expecting that at all!

Just borrowed a 60mm from my Brother for a few days to have a okay with... Looking forward to shooting some nice family stuff with it over Christmas :cool:

On Amazon the X-Pro1 is down to £899 now with the 18mm, choice of 35 or 60mm and £50 Amazon credit, what a steal!

On Amazon the X-Pro1 is down to £899 now with the 18mm, choice of 35 or 60mm and £50 Amazon credit, what a steal!

sshhhhhh !!! keep quiet please ! I'm waiting for my paycheck ! haha !!! but yeah ! the price is beyond belief . no point buying s/h . I'm talking to a chap who wants to sell his xpro1 + 14mm but it's almost the same price as this kit. don't think 14mm is that much better. at least - not 2 lenses and new VS 1 lens and s/h better right ?

The 14mm is a very expensive lens to start out with so obviously he will price accordingly.

sshhhhhh !!! keep quiet please ! I'm waiting for my paycheck ! haha !!! but yeah ! the price is beyond belief . no point buying s/h . I'm talking to a chap who wants to sell his xpro1 + 14mm but it's almost the same price as this kit. don't think 14mm is that much better. at least - not 2 lenses and new VS 1 lens and s/h better right ?

Depends what you want/need, the 14mm is stunning but I would never buy a used X-Pro1 whilst this deal is going. Worst case scenario you could buy the new kit, see how you go with the 18mm, then sell the two lenses and cover the cost of a refurb 14mm.

Depends what you want/need, the 14mm is stunning but I would never buy a used X-Pro1 whilst this deal is going. Worst case scenario you could buy the new kit, see how you go with the 18mm, then sell the two lenses and cover the cost of a refurb 14mm.

well the smaller sized 18mm makes more sense to me since it would generally be used in the streets.

I'm still thinking the camera-world deal is the best; 949 - xpro1 with 18mm +grip + Battery + 16Gb card

Not bad, Amazon deal is better imo. Most people have a card, a battery and grip arent worth £100.

Grrr... I'm after a second body this year and this would get me a brand new xpro1 for around £350 if I sold the lenses on.... It's trying to persuade the wife :(

Just borrowed a 60mm from my Brother for a few days to have a okay with... Looking forward to shooting some nice family stuff with it over Christmas :cool:

How are you finding it? I need something longer than the 35 for headshots... Thinking about a 60 until the 56 arrives then see what happens

Same price at Jessops but with free Manfrotto Amica 40 and 16GB Sandisk extreme and Jessops does 6 months interest free.

http://www.jessops.com/online.store..._mmc=td-_-affiliate_name-_-advert_id-_-236543
Not bad, Amazon deal is better imo. Most people have a card, a battery and grip arent worth £100.

same reason I don't think I will go with the jessops. well. it would be rather convenient for me to do the collect in store as it's close to the bus, but I definitely don't rate the sd card and bag at 78 pounds. a bit too optimistic. lol

Definitely not £80, more like £45, but its still a good price and takes price to £855.

what's the best price for 14mm you have seen guys ? ebay says that one sold for 360 ish . normally around ~440 . fuji refurbs ?
I really want to build the super killer setup but I suppose the 18mm and 35mm and a vintage f2.8 telezoom will see me through the winter :D

How are you finding it? I need something longer than the 35 for headshots... Thinking about a 60 until the 56 arrives then see what happens

It's nice, another quality offering from Fuji. It's a little slow to focus, much slower than the 35mm but image quality is excellent.

Everyone seems to say hang on for a 56, I'm tempted to hang on until the 56mm comes out and try and pick one up at a good price ;)

The Amazon offer is great IMO. I picked one up in November when it was 999 and thought it was pretty good. The XPro is an awesome camera I think. I went for the 35mm as the free option.

@Starastin Fuji refurbs of the 14mm go for £569.99. I picked one up the other day with a further 10% off using the offer mentioned above. Wex sell the 14mm new for 699 new so this was a good deal IMO saving close to £200.
I am probably going to sell on my 18mm for a couple of hundred quid. The 14mm is noticeably better IMO. I know it's more expensive however, although the 18mm is quite nice and small which is making part of me want to keep hold of it still.

Whatever you decide, you won't be disappointed. I was tempted to wait for the XPro2 but no doubt the body alone will be around £1500 then lenses on top etc. I'm quite happy with my current XPro setup.

It's nice, another quality offering from Fuji. It's a little slow to focus, much slower than the 35mm but image quality is excellent.

Everyone seems to say hang on for a 56, I'm tempted to hang on until the 56mm comes out and try and pick one up at a good price ;)

I'm guessing £999 easily for the 56mm 1.2 (perhaps a bit more), going to be hard to justify a purchase but I would guess it's going to be rather special.

Should be a lot of used 60mm's on the market when that gets released though, reducing values a fair bit.

Last edited:
I ordered a Kenko Teleplus DGX 1.4X Pro-300 tele converter yesterday from Digitalrev. I haven't used them before so I bought a (relatively) cheap item for my first purchase to see how it goes. I got it for £115 delivered as opposed to £169 in the UK that was on Amazon. I got it to go with my Canon 70-300 L zoom as I believe it works with this lens, it'll also give my 70-200 f4 L on my 7D a bit more reach.

I ordered a Kenko Teleplus DGX 1.4X Pro-300 tele converter yesterday from Digitalrev. I haven't used them before so I bought a (relatively) cheap item for my first purchase to see how it goes. I got it for £115 delivered as opposed to £169 in the UK that was on Amazon. I got it to go with my Canon 70-300 L zoom as I believe it works with this lens, it'll also give my 70-200 f4 L on my 7D a bit more reach.

Wrong section?

I have joined the Fuli X Pro 1 clan! Bought it online from Cameraworld.com. The offer was for the body, 18mm lens, Lexar Pro 16gig card, extra Fuji battery and a Fuji handgrip. With next day delivery £949, and of course the Fuji lens offer. I have gone for the 35mm. Amazing deal IMHO as I could probably make a £300 profit selling the parts separately on Ebay. First thoughts on the camera are very positive. I bought it to hopefully replace my Nikon D700, and the long and heavy pro lenses. I need a camera case so any advice would be gratefully received. I'm also tempted with the 60mm to make up the set. This is a great thread!

Ive gone via Amazon, £899 with a £50 voucher taking it to £849, Ill get a £10 3rd party batt and have loads of SDs. Not sure why I bought it but its a good offer and my XE1 was great so hopefully I like it. Annoyed I need to claim for the 35mm as I wont be using the 18mm.

Afaik it's lithium so first charge isn't hugely important, no memory effect.

I'm also tempted with the 60mm to make up the set. This is a great thread!

Just a heads up, might be better to do what I did if you want the 35 and 60. Claim for the 60mm as it's generally quite a bit more expensive than the 35mm. As it stands the cheapest UK price is £399 for the 35 and £442 for the 60. They are both in the £100 cashback offer so no worries there.

It takes roughly 6 weeks in theory for the free lens, 2 week wait to put in a claim and 4 weeks to arrive after that.

Back