The Official Fuji X Pro 1 Thread

Would be interested in finding out more, price, condition etc... Still undecided on this the 20 or x20.

I've put an ad up now in the accessories section of the classifieds. The flash is right here in front of me. It looks as new. The little case has been in my bag so has the smallest rub mark. Other than that, the flash is perfect.

I've never even sees a 20 flash so cannot comment. I will say that the x20 looks great mounted on an xp1 and doesn't affect the handling etc as it is so well balanced.

Can someone who has a 60mm lens let me know if it's best to buy a 39mm uv filter or to get a step up ring to 52mm to cover the whole front? ...And does the lens hood fit ok with a step up to 52mm?

Last edited:
Looking long and hard at these! A good price for a fish eye .... But do I really need one? ;)

me too, but the image quality for the price is pretty outstanding....might be a reason why they hardly ever come up used. Used right it looks like an outstanding buy :) Got mine from SRS Microsystems , can be got £50 cheaper from ebay from our friends across the pond but seeing as customs are seriously clamping down on customs dodgers chances are you'll end up paying customs anyway. £250 from SRS with a 3 year warranty and free next day delivery isn't such a bad deal :)

I'm living in Swindon at the moment and great western cameras has them for like £250 which as you say is a great deal especially with the warranty!!!

They also have reasonable range of legacy glass so will have to see if I can resist that at the weekend :O

I'm guessing £999 easily for the 56mm 1.2 (perhaps a bit more), going to be hard to justify a purchase but I would guess it's going to be rather special.

Should be a lot of used 60mm's on the market when that gets released though, reducing values a fair bit.

But will used 60s drop lower than today's new price with the £100 cash-back?

By the time the 56mm hits the market the cash-back will have ended, at the moment you could have the 60mm for as little as £350 after cash-back.

Has anyone sent in the form for claiming the free lens without waiting 14 days from purchase? I notice that its not even mentioned on the form, just in the small print within T&C's (which many I guess won't even read).

Has anyone sent in the form for claiming the free lens without waiting 14 days from purchase? I notice that its not even mentioned on the form, just in the small print within T&C's (which many I guess won't even read).

Playing devils advocate but the form asks you to tick to confirm you've read the T&Cs, which are fairly short and on the same PDF.

For cashback / free lens deals I always ensure I follow the rules to the letter, not worth messing around when it's a £400 lens you're applying for in my opinion. I'm sure it would be fine, but I would rather hang on until 14 days have elapsed than having it sat waiting around at their end.

Can someone who has a 60mm lens let me know if it's best to buy a 39mm uv filter or to get a step up ring to 52mm to cover the whole front? ...And does the lens hood fit ok with a step up to 52mm?

You don't need one, if you use the hood the lens is very well protected from knocks etc.

Also as the filter ring is inset when the lens is retracted you need a spacer ring before using any step up rings with this lens.

Playing devils advocate but the form asks you to tick to confirm you've read the T&Cs, which are fairly short and on the same PDF.

For cashback / free lens deals I always ensure I follow the rules to the letter, not worth messing around when it's a £400 lens you're applying for in my opinion. I'm sure it would be fine, but I would rather hang on until 14 days have elapsed than having it sat waiting around at their end.

Same here. I didn't want the process delayed... it came around 2 weeks after I sent it.

I'm giving thought as to ditching/selling my D800 for a X-Pro1 at the mo, seen many amazing images shot with the Fuji, so compact that oozes quality.

wow

I'm so excited! My X-Pro 1 will be arriving tomorrow.

The £50 discount from Amazon was added to my account within 1 hour of the camera's dispatch so I've ordered the 35mm 1.4 too. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

I sent mine in immediately as there was nothing on the form to state otherwise. I gave fuji a ring yesterday and I am indeed on the list for my free lens but the wait is one full month from the date of purchase.

I sent mine in immediately as there was nothing on the form to state otherwise. I gave fuji a ring yesterday and I am indeed on the list for my free lens but the wait is one full month from the date of purchase.

It's in the terms & conditions on the second page:

2.2.1 - "Please do not send your claim form and receipt in until 14 days after the purchase date. Your claim cannot be processed until this date."

I assume they just stick it in a pile with all the other early forms and process it when the date is up. I'm just going to send mine in after 14 days as it's not going to speed things up by sending early.

Sent mine in anyway, but ringing them to check they have it and its in the queue is a good idea. I have to say that I'm BLOWN away with the IQ from this camera, especially in low light, I have a trio of D3s's that I use for work and I never expected it to come even close, but it does. Going to give it a work out in the studio soon, be interesting how it fares in that situation too.

Last edited:
Sent mine in anyway, but ringing them to check they have it and its in the queue is a good idea. I have to say that I'm BLOWN away with the IQ from this camera, especially in low light, I have a trio of D3s's that I use for work and I never expected it to come even close, but it does. Going to give it a work out in the studio soon, be interesting how it fares in that situation too.
I sent mine in by Special Delivery just to be safe. It cost £6.22 :(

Thinking of taking the plunge as I have a Wex credit note for £379.00, for a lens I part exchanged. And selling my D7000 on.

I was thinking of getting the 60mm macro as the free lens and then purchasing a second hand 16-50mm lens to cover me at the short-mid end. Has anyone have experience of using this lens on the XP1. Unfortunately I haven't enough money at present for the 18-55mm. You can pick up the 16-50mm from dealers for about £220.00 and probably cheaper on the bay.
Or I could possibly sell the 18mm and put the money towards the 18-55mm. How does the prime 18mm compare to the 18mm on the zoom. And has anyone any ideas how much the 18mm primes are currently selling for.

Any advice or thoughts on the above. I want to keep the 60mm Macro lens, as It is something I would like to try.

Last edited:
Y
Thinking of taking the plunge as I have a Wex credit note for £379.00, for a lens I part exchanged. And selling my D7000 on.

I was thinking of getting the 60mm macro as the free lens and then purchasing a second hand 16-50mm lens to cover me at the short-mid end. Has anyone have experience of using this lens on the XP1. Unfortunately I haven't enough money at present for the 18-55mm. You can pick up the 16-50mm from dealers for about £220.00 and probably cheaper on the bay.
Or I could possibly sell the 18mm and put the money towards the 18-55mm. How does the prime 18mm compare to the 18mm on the zoom. And has anyone any ideas how much the 18mm primes are currently selling for.

Any advice or thoughts on the above. I want to keep the 60mm Macro lens, as It is something I would like to try.

You would be looking at around £200 if selling the 18mm f2, the 18-55 can be picked up for just over £300. That's probably your best option, the 18-55 is a cracking lens, you won't lose anything apart from a bit of extra low light capability at 18mm, but you will gain 19-55mm.

The 16-50 is pretty decent but I think you would always be looking to upgrade that anyhow, may as well just jump straight in with the 18-55 which should cost you less overall anyway.

Yeah, the 18s used prices vary 200-250 if it's new and sealed. The one thing you lose is a more compact package, the zoom is larger, it's a very nice lens.

I'd agree with Chris if you're looking for a zoom.

Was playing with some pentax MF primes today, testing them in my room. . . hadn't realised how much of an effect parallax error was until now :pompous:

Oops, just ordered the X-Pro1 from Amazon, with 18mm lens.:banana:
Just need to decide whether to go for the 35mm or the 60mm as the freebie.
My thinking is to go for the 35mm, as I think there will be a good number of 60s about when the new 56mm? lens is released.
Might put the £50 credit towards whichever on I don't get for free, or might go for the 55-200.Decisions, decisions.
Anyway, a happy chappy here. Apparantly due for delivery on Tuesday.

The 35 is a stunner, I'm not sure regarding 60s being around, the 56 is going to cost a fortune, may make people hang onto their 60s.

I love the 35, the 60 was also pretty good, but didn't want to wait a month for the 35 where I don't mind waiting for the 60. Either way it amounts to the same result just choosing the lens you want sooner rather than later.

The 35 is a stunner, I'm not sure regarding 60s being around, the 56 is going to cost a fortune, may make people hang onto their 60s.

I love the 35, the 60 was also pretty good, but didn't want to wait a month for the 35 where I don't mind waiting for the 60. Either way it amounts to the same result just choosing the lens you want sooner rather than later.

you may well be right on the 60, I just looked up the cost of the 56.
I'm definitely going for the 35 first though.From what I have read it's a stunner.
Oh, and by the way, I am blaming you for spending £900 which my wife wasn't expecting.
Only joking, she's very understanding. After all it's a bargain, and if she can spend £700 on a handbag in the sales ......

:eek: 700 quid handbag

Reduced from £1200 though, so it's a bargain.:rolleyes:

On a serious note, I'd best start reading through the threads and learning about my new camera!
First question will be about firmware updates. I've read that there are updates to lenses as well as cameras.
Time to start learning methinks.

Oops, just ordered the X-Pro1 from Amazon, with 18mm lens.:banana:
Just need to decide whether to go for the 35mm or the 60mm as the freebie.
My thinking is to go for the 35mm, as I think there will be a good number of 60s about when the new 56mm? lens is released.
Might put the £50 credit towards whichever on I don't get for free, or might go for the 55-200.Decisions, decisions.
Anyway, a happy chappy here. Apparantly due for delivery on Tuesday.

I just did exactly the same thing!! :clap::runaway::clap:I was going to get the wex deal with the free bag, but they sold out!! Clearly quite a few of us doing this. I'm quite excited, will make Tuesday much more fun.

I'm also considering what to do lens wise. I will almost certainly get the 35mm as my freebie, though annoying to have to wait a month for it! I will probably get the 18-55 too at some point with the £50 cashback I reckon. Then maybe once I've got the zoom and the 35mm I'll sell the 18mm prime and get a 55-200. Oh dear, I thought I would actually make money by selling all my canon gear and getting the x-pro 1, sadly the Canon gear isn't worth as much second hand as I'd hoped. Oh why do things depreciate!! At least I'm not losing money.

Let's trade first pics when we get it. I'm also now unsure whether to sell or keep my X100, I love it but it wouldn't get as much use. Still probably useful though. Hmm.

I'm looking forward to Tuesday too !!
I'm definitely going for the primes first, as I have been using primes on my D700 for a while, but who knows what I will go for in the future?
I'm keeping the D700 kit though, although I might slim down my lens collection a bit.
I bought the XPro 1 in the belief that being smaller, I will take it out more than my gripped D700 kit.
I'm thinking of going for the 60mm as the freebie, and ordering the 35mm with £50 off. As the 60 is more expensive, it's a slightly better deal.

I'm looking forward to Tuesday too !!
I'm definitely going for the primes first, as I have been using primes on my D700 for a while, but who knows what I will go for in the future?
I'm keeping the D700 kit though, although I might slim down my lens collection a bit.
I bought the XPro 1 in the belief that being smaller, I will take it out more than my gripped D700 kit.
I'm thinking of going for the 60mm as the freebie, and ordering the 35mm with £50 off. As the 60 is more expensive, it's a slightly better deal.

Thats how i started 1st the 14-24mm went then the 70-210,before i knew it i was full mirrorless :D

So the 56mm 1.2 has been announced, $999, that more than likely means £999.

Looks like you were spot on with that !

The 57mm was always going to be chasing a slightly different market to the 60mm, and I don't think that price is going to put off anyone specifically wanting a fast portrait lens for the X system. Once it's been out a few months the edge will come off that price, and I'm sure we'll see a promotion from Fuji once the initial sales fade.

Compared to other manufactures a £1k 'starting' price for such a fast prime isn't too bad, though is a lot compared to the cost of other Fuji primes.

Back