The Official Fuji X Pro 1 Thread

the samyang 8mm is it easy to de-fish the view?

I've yet to try it, for me personally I tend to go with the images uncorrected, for a good review on the 8mm on an XP1 have a look here: http://fujixfiles.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/ultra-wide-angle-fisheye-lens-on-fuji-x.html - a very good blog :)

I like some of the shots, i really personally dont like the fish eye look at all, just personal taste, but id be very interested if it could be made straight. I like the 14 2.8 fuji but its not wide enough and the 10-24 or whatever it is fuji make is too expensive and I like primes for super wide. so this might be ideal, image quality looks great.

That 12mm f/2.0 is going to be on my shopping list! I reckon that'll be an awesome astro lens! :)

I've been documenting a friend's pregnancy since week 24... She's now at week 40 (due any day) and this was taken this afternoon with the X-Pro1 and the 35mm f/1.4

Great shot ! How did you light it ?

Thanks Jim.

I used a Yongnuo 560II on one side through a 42in soft-brolly and a Yongnuo 560III on the other through a 42in diffused brolly... They were fired with RF-602 'Poverty Wizards'. :)

Look forward to seeing/hearing how you get on with it. Its a lens on my list, either that or the 14mm.

It arrived today and I`ll be using it tomorrow. The first thing that hits you is it`s size, it`s almost as big as my Canon 17-40L, although I was prepared for this so it`s not an issue. It`s also pretty well screwed together. I will initially be using it on my X-E2 to take advantage of the new features. I will keep you posted. :)

Mine arrived Tuesday(35mm) It came surprisingly quickly, ten days after I posted the paperwork, but then I did wait until 14 days after I bought the kit before I posted it off. I still haven't received my £100 cheque for the cashback deal on the 55-200mm zoom tho.

That's where I went wrong, until I saw the 14 day thingy here, I knew nothing about it! ;) Have looked at the advert since, http://free-xpro1-lens.co.uk/ and tucked away in tiny writing in the bottom corner is T&C's. Not sure why is has to be so small, I just read the main blurb, "Simply keep hold of your receipt, download and complete the claim form, send it back to us along with your receipt and we’ll send you an 27mm, 35mm or 60mm lens completely free!" Why not say send it back to us after 14 days? Anyway, I sent recorded delivery, they got it on March 5th, so no idea when it will turn up. I did e-mail fuji about a week ago, got an automated reply immediately and heard nothing since!

It arrived today and I`ll be using it tomorrow. The first thing that hits you is it`s size, it`s almost as big as my Canon 17-40L, although I was prepared for this so it`s not an issue. It`s also pretty well screwed together. I will initially be using it on my X-E2 to take advantage of the new features. I will keep you posted. :)

Awesome thanks. Yeah I too realised how "big" it was when I shot a few test frames with one on my XP1 at the photo show. One thing that is bothering me, after speaking to a chap on the Lee filters stand who is also a fuji shooter/massive fan is that he says you can get bad vignetting at the wide end of the range using filters. Now I invested in the seven5 system when i got my Fuji due to not needing the bigger 100mm system, but the 72mm thread on the front of the 10-24 is pretty much 100mm filter territory. Due to that I am 60/40 in favour of the 14mm but would really to love to be able to shoot super wide on the 10-24.

Hi peeps, well mine arrived with 18, 35 and the nice little bits courtesy of Cameraworld deal on Thursday, though due to work I have hardly had a chance to do more than unbox it.
Couple of things, there must be a nice simple leather strap available from someone in the UK. Despite looking they all seem to be from abroad. Also the first thing I did was put a nice greasy eye print on the viewfinder lens, has anyone come across an eyepiece/cup to fit?
Well that's the simple stuff asked, more technical stuff to follow I'm sure.

Last edited:
Well, my Nikon 90° VF thingy fits the X-Pro 1's eyepiece thread so I'd guess that any Nikon screw in VF accessory would do the same. Might have to see if I can get hold of a dioptre eyepiece. BUT, I reckon a rubber cup would cause the eye sensor to think the camera was to the eye all the time.

Actually, that's a slight gripe against the X-Pro 1! No dioptre adjustment on the body - even the X-20 has that available.

Hi peeps, well mine arrived with 18, 35 and the nice little bits courtesy of Cameraworld deal on Thursday, though due to work I have hardly had a chance to do more than unbox it.
Couple of things, there must be a nice simple leather strap available from someone in the UK. Despite looking they all seem to be from abroad. Also the first thing I did was put a nice greasy eye print on the viewfinder lens, has anyone come across an eyepiece/cup to fit?
Well that's the simple stuff asked, more technical stuff to follow I'm sure.

Footprint (on eBay, maybe elsewhere) make nice leather straps and I think are UK=based.

I've just ordered this one... Thanks again for the heads-up Ian! (y)

$T2eC16ZHJF8FFqK,IU4VBS(-wpTgB!~~60_12.JPG

Can someone please point me in the right direction with regards to off camera flash for the XPro1?

Canon extension leads give TTL flash as far as they reach. Not sure if pocket wizards etc do the same for wireless flashing.

Picked an X-Pro1 up from on here for a good price with the 35. Had a play about with it quite impressed so far, just bought an adapter to use some Nikon glass on it. Is this a battery hungry camera?

Looking at trying macro 1:1 on a fuji system. What would be best? Can anyone recommend any extension tubes or should I by a tamron 90mm and adapter.

Picked an X-Pro1 up from on here for a good price with the 35. Had a play about with it quite impressed so far, just bought an adapter to use some Nikon glass on it. Is this a battery hungry camera?

Almost bought a second hand example but once the free 2nd lens was added to the equation, it was actually better value to buy new. I went for the 60mm Macro as the free lens (even if it's not "real" Macro, it is closer focussing than the other lenses). I have a Nikon DSLR and 105mm Macro for true Macro should I need it.

Yup! Hungry, hungry camera! Luckily it uses the same batteries as my HS30 so I have 2 extras.

Looking at trying macro 1:1 on a fuji system. What would be best? Can anyone recommend any extension tubes or should I by a tamron 90mm and adapter.

X-E1 Macro Test, C-mount adapter, 30mm extension tubes, 50mm Comiscar (Pentax lens), total cost excluding camera about £30!!! oh and a 5 pence piece!!! Not brilliantly lit, not brilliantly focused, but probably about the FOV you require.

Dscf1856_zpsbfdc7a17.jpg

So which combo would you have? 14, 18, 35, 60 or 18, 35, 56. I can manage to get either. I currently have 18, 35 and 60 and can find enough to either get a refurb 14 when they are back in stock or sell the 60 and get the 56. Thoughts?

So which combo would you have? 14, 18, 35, 60 or 18, 35, 56. I can manage to get either. I currently have 18, 35 and 60 and can find enough to either get a refurb 14 when they are back in stock or sell the 60 and get the 56. Thoughts?

Pretty simple, do you need the shallow DOF and faster AF of the 56 or do you need a wide lens.

Pretty simple, do you need the shallow DOF and faster AF of the 56 or do you need a wide lens.

I know the theory but just wondering what others would choose. I'm pretty sure I'd prefer the 14 tbh

EDIT your flickr is mostly people, Id ditch the 18 and 60 and get a 56mm and save some more for a 23mm. I had a 23, 35 and 56, every single one of them worth every penny.

Others cant tell you what youre going to use, they can only tell you THEIR own preference. Mine 56mm.

Last edited:
Awesome thanks. Yeah I too realised how "big" it was when I shot a few test frames with one on my XP1 at the photo show. One thing that is bothering me, after speaking to a chap on the Lee filters stand who is also a fuji shooter/massive fan is that he says you can get bad vignetting at the wide end of the range using filters. Now I invested in the seven5 system when i got my Fuji due to not needing the bigger 100mm system, but the 72mm thread on the front of the 10-24 is pretty much 100mm filter territory. Due to that I am 60/40 in favour of the 14mm but would really to love to be able to shoot super wide on the 10-24.
So where's the shots ? :) I am seriously thinking of going for one of theses and ditching the 18mm, gonna keep my 35mm tho, it's a great lens.
Seriously though I really want to see the output from the 10-24 before I go for one.

Tomorrow is my 14-day window, so I'll be mailing off my lens & cashback offers.

I've had a couple of brief outings - still very much getting to grips with the range of different settings available.

However, my favourite feature so far is the ability to change the aspect-ratio and shoot in square format (1:1).

I've also started on the scary route of "collecting" accessories - I've ordered a spare battery, screen protector and a new 32Gb 95Mb/s SD card.

Researching a new bag, I think a grip would be useful, as well as a thumb-rest, and I'm thinking a soft-release button would be useful.

Back