The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

No, because I don't have one :)

Fancy selling up :( And more to the point - you're 10 days too late so now you owe me £25

Anyway, confessed new acquisition to wifey today and she was ok.

Until she saw the pics

And she was amazed :banana:

So, from the spinnaker tower in Portsmouth, taken on platform 1 at 100 metres up. The glass in the tower was bloody filthy.

view from the tower
by damianmkv, on Flickr

You should have took another one using the Miniature focus mode.

Rhodese.

Sorry wrong quote it was aimed at damianmkv's cityrama.

Rhodese.

Fancy selling up :( And more to the point - you're 10 days too late so now you owe me £25

Anyway, confessed new acquisition to wifey today and she was ok.

Until she saw the pics

And she was amazed :banana:

So, from the spinnaker tower in Portsmouth, taken on platform 1 at 100 metres up. The glass in the tower was bloody filthy.

view from the tower
by damianmkv, on Flickr

You should have took another one using the Miniature focus mode.

Rhodese.

Ignore me, its last night’s indulgencies playing tricks on me.
I thought the wrong quote had come up, and you know what thought did. :).

Rhodese.

I'm going back to bed. :(.

Last edited:
Well... That didn't go to plan. :eek:

Can't say i was mega impressed with the x20... Just something about it that didn't grab me. Will have to reconsider my options and see what other little cameras there are. :rolleyes:

I did come home with a nice shiny new Tamron 90mm macro lens though. :D

I think that was taken in dynamic mode ( can't remember ) but I did take some in minature mode

What's wrong with the x20 David ?

The X-20 feels exactly the same as the X-10. Not sure how much different the results from the 2 look when seen side by side. I did a pair of identical shots at the wide ends of the X-10 and X-F1 and apart from the slight difference in width, they were all but identical. I like the extra dials on the X-?0 but like the pocketability of the X-F1 - so I have both!

At least David has something shiny and new to play with over the weekend!

Another couple of X20 shots from me as I continue to try and get to grips with the camera! These digital things have too many menus and buttons!

This first one was taken with the in built red filter preset:

And this one was a Lightroom conversion:

Love the images and love Liverpool.

Can you find out how many photos have been taken on a XF1 ? I had a quick look using an online exif viewer but I couldn't see anything like a total activations.

Depending on how you set the file numbers up, the most recent number might be the total number of shots taken.

So how do you decide on the other settings such as shutter speed ? For me this is one of the basic things that I don't know :wideyed:

Thanks for the thumbs ups :)

The camera will sort out everything else for you, Christian

You don't, the camera will determine what shutter speed to use if using aperture priority and the camera will determine which aperture to use if you're shooting in shutter priority mode.

If you want to set both then you need to be in manual mode.

Dunno, just didn't feel as nice as i expected... Shame really as i was really looking forward to getting it. Ne'mind!
I had my eye on the X20 today and had a good play with it, and while it is a nice looking camera I have a feeling it may end up like the DSLR and not get used much. It won't fit in my coat pocket, so I will probably end up getting another Compact. I have given my XF1 to my missus, can't believe I did that but I did.

Last edited:
Well I now have LR4 with the update to open the RAF files. Also splurged on some vsco actions. Here is one I did today which I applied a Portra 800 action to and tweaked from there:

spring
by rednorters, on Flickr

I was out for a walk and stumbled on the biggest heath fire this area has seen for years.
Just goes to show that you should always take a camera with you!

1) Fire adds a bit of spice to the 'classic' view of the lone tree at Priddy.
20140421-151051-DSCF2413-M.jpg

2) Poor bloke was fighting this bit of the fire on his own for ages.
20140421-153737-DSCF2453-M.jpg

3) They managed to protect all the trees; there aren't many and they are worth saving.
20140421-154128-DSCF2466-M.jpg

4) It looked utterly knackering!
20140421-154704-DSCF2488-M.jpg

5) Taking a break
20140421-160421-DSCF2534-M.jpg

6) Occasionally there was a subtle change in the wind and the fire flared up. When it go like this the beaters couldn't get near and just had to try and contain the worst of it.
20140421-161844-DSCF2586-M.jpg

Despite how it looks; I was completely safe!
I was stood in a field of close cropped grass which was not going to burn; and I also expect the safety officer would have told me sod off if he had any worries.
After the fire was killed I retired to the pub to review my images; a lovely end to a rather excellent day!

( the lengths so people go to for a picture :D )

in all seriousness, nice set there. Thats what i'm loving about the XF1, that i will have it with me most of the time

Cheers!
No doubt the local papers will report on the probable cause.
The odd thing about arson is that yesterday was cold with persistent and heavy rain; there was local flooding - I'm astonished anything burned!
Just about any other day would have produced far more spectacular results!

Has anyone moved from a m43 to the xf1? If so, what are your thoughts on image quality of the Fuji compared to m43? I'm thinking of changing from my Panasonic GX1 to the XF1 but not sure if I'll be disappointed by the image quality compared to m43? It will be my second camera (main camera is a Canon 6d) but thinking of the xf1 due to portability.

I have given my XF1 to my missus because she fell in love with it, I only had it a few weeks but the missus used it and loves it. We took a load of photos of the grand kids in the park, and the quality was so good the missus said she will use it for more family photos. I got myself a Panasonic TZ35 as a replacement camera as a carry in the back pocket take anywhere Camera. While it does have a very impressive zoom, nowhere near as good image quality as the Fuji XF1. I would most deffo have another XF1 :)

Back