The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

It was the best I could do...and not even that much rape either

Wow, I like it. nice colours.

Lmfao. :D :D

Nah, I did like having a little camera tbh and have been considering selling up and moving to the Olympus OM-D EM10 m4/3's setup but I'm not sure yet. Can't actually get a definitive answer on whether the IQ from the Oly is a match for the D7000... I'm quite tempted by the Panasonic LX7 compact atm...

LX7 has a bright lens throughout the zoom range, unlike XF1 or RX100

The sensor is indeed smaller, but the lens is f1.4-2.3 I think. It's a higher end compact for sure and looking at some of Ricardodaforces pictures, the results are simply superb. BUT... it's nearly twice the price of the XF... and probably isn't as pocketable, but I'm not certain on that.

Has anyone moved from a m43 to the xf1? If so, what are your thoughts on image quality of the Fuji compared to m43? I'm thinking of changing from my Panasonic GX1 to the XF1 but not sure if I'll be disappointed by the image quality compared to m43? It will be my second camera (main camera is a Canon 6d) but thinking of the xf1 due to portability.

Has anyone made this move from m43 to Fuji xf1? Or does anyone own bothand can comment on image quality comparison?

Thanks
Mike

The sensor is indeed smaller, but the lens is f1.4-2.3 I think. It's a higher end compact for sure and looking at some of Ricardodaforces pictures, the results are simply superb. BUT... it's nearly twice the price of the XF... and probably isn't as pocketable, but I'm not certain on that.
Lx7 is like the other lx's - jacket pocketable but not trousers.

Has anyone made this move from m43 to Fuji xf1? Or does anyone own bothand can comment on image quality comparison?

Thanks
Mike
I already have MFT and just bought an XF1. Will report back, but will be gobsmacked if an XF1 can match an Em-5 with a decent prime lens.

Haha, it'll look good if I come away with an xf1 won't it???????

Was really impressed with the reviews of the lx7, but I'm not sure that I can warrant another £100... would it be that different?

I did have a little play with the LX7 in John Lewis a little while back, can't remember much about it now. I also had a play with the Fuji X20, and the Fuji was more memorable, just pocket ability put me off, as did the lens cap. I know I always had to take the lens cap off my lenses when using the DSLR, just does not seem right having a lens cap on a compact !

You can get caps for the X-20 that the lens pokes through when the camera is switched on and the lens protrudes. Handy! The hinges are visible through the OVF at certain focal lengths but then so's the lens!

I have a feeling I will get another Fujifilm of some sort, at some point in the not too distant future. I really do like the way they feel and handle, lovely Camera's. But there again something else may come out and get my attention :rolleyes:

My X10 was one of the earlier models which suffered from the fabled orbs, which went back to Fuji to be changed

One month after this was changed the X20 came out. What sensor was this replaced with, does anyone know ?

Fuji have never made any statements. Could it be an X20 sensor ?

Back