The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

Got a D3300 with two batteries that also both need charging, my little canon compact battery also out of juice. Even my phone needs charging. :mad: Something very rare for me, having everything run down like that. I must have something on my mind. :thinking:

I sometimes have a little recharging "moment" when I charge up every thing in sight.

Though some things are done on a schedule... like the bathroom radio, which is charged on the 1st of the month.

19099-1506506748-e308ffb6b509c4a45da80e00c17c69e2.jpg

Manages to squeeze a last photo out of my X10 before the battery dies. In our front garden, I don't suppose this mushroom is edible?

There are 15,000 different types of wild mushrooms in the UK of which about 70 are considered edible. Of the rest, some are mildly poisonous and others are deadly.
As they say, all of them are edible, but in many cases only once! :)

19110-1506616398-1d04434f7ada64a230ff76b9368ad42d.jpg

@Nod looks like it could be an Ink Cap, as this is what it looks like now. It has an inky coloured look.

From the shots posted, I'd put money on it being an inkcap, especially having seen the shot of it deliquescing. One point of warning, they do something odd in conjunction with alcohol - and not in a good or fun way!!! Not sure exactly what they do as a combination but I'm sure a Google will tell you (if you decide to eat the next one(s) that pop up.)

I was out last night with the X10. Tried getting some photos with the Adv PRO LOW LIGHT mode. Fires four photos to blend into one. Obviously got to keep the camera very still. In this mode can't choose focus point and only saves to Jpeg. Anybody bother with this mode? I will get out and try some more night photos in this mode.

I was out last night with the X10. Tried getting some photos with the Adv PRO LOW LIGHT mode. Fires four photos to blend into one. Obviously got to keep the camera very still. In this mode can't choose focus point and only saves to Jpeg. Anybody bother with this mode? I will get out and try some more night photos in this mode.

The only " mode " I have ever tried with an of my X** cameras is the pan mode, but it is nowhere near as good as doing a propper stitch.
I do not know why they call these modes"pro" because they are aimed at a quite different group.

I use the EXR Dynamic setting in low light. It seems to do a decent job. I've used the Pro Focus mode a few times to get a bit of extra bokeh but its very much a gimmick.

An Afternoon With Alice by Aimless Alliterations, on Flickr

The only " mode " I have ever tried with an of my X** cameras is the pan mode, but it is nowhere near as good as doing a propper stitch.
I do not know why they call these modes"pro" because they are aimed at a quite different group.
I use the EXR Dynamic setting in low light. It seems to do a decent job. I've used the Pro Focus mode a few times to get a bit of extra bokeh but its very much a gimmick.

An Afternoon With Alice by Aimless Alliterations, on Flickr

Looking at the images produced by the Adv PRO LIGHT Mode, do look a little strange. Even though it was 8pm and very little light obviously, sky was a very light blue and scene had a yellow cast. I was thinking of trying again, but might just go for a long exposure on a tripod for the next night photos.

Last edited:

I can't say I use "Pro Low Light" in the X10's advanced mode often, but over the years, it's got me out of trouble in tricky light conditions. On page 126 of this thread, I posted my first attempts at using this mode, and I think that earlier, Duncan had offered guidance as well; that would be well worth searching for.

Not sure why you're not able to "choose focus point" in this mode; my X10 seems to work fine. I find the function tolerates minor perturbations of the hand-held camera quite well, but not any significant movement in the subject.

Whilst on the subject of the 'advanced modes': I find the panoramic function is great, but only if I use it with the viewfinder which, for me, results in the camera 'rejecting' fewer sweeps. The "Pro Focus" mode to create a bokeh effect does not seem reliable, and so I don't use it.

Pete

I can't say I use "Pro Low Light" in the X10's advanced mode often, but over the years, it's got me out of trouble in tricky light conditions. On page 126 of this thread, I posted my first attempts at using this mode, and I think that earlier, Duncan had offered guidance as well; that would be well worth searching for.

Not sure why you're not able to "choose focus point" in this mode; my X10 seems to work fine. I find the function tolerates minor perturbations of the hand-held camera quite well, but not any significant movement in the subject.

Whilst on the subject of the 'advanced modes': I find the panoramic function is great, but only if I use it with the viewfinder which, for me, results in the camera 'rejecting' fewer sweeps. The "Pro Focus" mode to create a bokeh effect does not seem reliable, and so I don't use it.

Pete
Thanks for that, wow way back in 2012. Going to have a re read.. (y)

19145-1507107969-431e8ae3a0e19819e6213f7e93c9ce0b.jpg

The X10 looked a little forlorn sitting on the dressing table. Time to dust it down and give it another little outing. :)

bobo3a.jpg

Grab shot of our neighbours' cat who decided the half-filled leaf-vac bag was an ideal place for a rest.
X30 in P, neutral settings, slight crop and tiny shadow lift.

bobo3a.jpg

Grab shot of our neighbours' cat who decided the half-filled leaf-vac bag was an ideal place for a rest.
X30 in P, neutral settings, slight crop and tiny shadow lift.

As usual the little X30 punching well above its weight....

Just in case anyone's interested but hasn't spotted it, my spare X30 is in the sales section here.
In your advert you say, "bought it as a reconditioned item from Fuji in April this year but haven't taken a single shot with it" . Not even one measly shot, just to test it? I would have been tempted to take one or two :).

I know I haven't put a card in it but I might have taken one shot that filled the internal memory.....

Rings.jpg

Recently did this with the X30 & Meike Flash for a couple that recently got married, the Wedding Photographer didn't do a shot of their rings
so volunteered to do it, the couple are more than happy with it.

Tbh im not overly happy about it being over exposed at the top of her hand, but they wasn't bothered about that they now have it framed in their living room.

Out with the X10 this morning, I forgot to charge the battery again. Plus I forgot to pick up the spare. I had two little box symbols in the battery icon, I thought it would be enough for a few shots. One shot and it started flashing red. :(

Just turned it back on, and it has jumped back up to two box symbols in battery. I think a good charge is in order.

Did a chopped fresh fruit salad last night did not intend to put any meat in it though.......
Could not stop it bleeding last night so cleaning it up this morning.....TA3X5019Xweb.jpg

Man, I've been looking for an X30 for so long! It's the perfect little camera in my eyes. Guess that's why Fuji stopped it.

I would hate to be with out mine, I have an Xe2 as well but it never gets a look in. The x30 does everything I ask of it.

19099-1506506748-e308ffb6b509c4a45da80e00c17c69e2.jpg

Manages to squeeze a last photo out of my X10 before the battery dies. In our front garden, I don't suppose this mushroom is edible?
All mushrooms are edible, some only once ;-)

Three from my X30 at f-con at Eastleigh on Sunday, all OOC JPGs. The first one's had a slight crop but that's it.

f-con1.jpg

f-con2.jpg

f-con3.jpg

Took the Fuji X10 out in the ice cold snowy weather, my hands froze with the metal body. Wow those metal camera bodies really do get cold. :confused:

Back