The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

X20 refurb delivered yesterday and looks new but after having to remove battery lots of times to reset have come to conclusion it is faulty. When switching on sometimes there is a constant tone and led on back is orange. Spoke to Fuji and they are sending a prepaid box to return. Seems it will take a 7 to 10 days to get a replacement.:(

Last edited:
X20 refurb delivered yesterday and looks new but after having to remove battery lots of times to reset have come to conclusion it is faulty. When switching on sometimes there is a constant tone and led on back is orange. Spoke to Fuji and they are sending a prepaid box to return. Seems it will take a 7 to 10 days to get a replacement.:(

Always a pain when you have to send something back, hopefully you can get it sorted out quick...

Hopefully they'll be as quick dealing with that as they were when my X-10 went back. I had it back within a couple of days after posing it to them.

I had a problem when I got my first refurbished X10 and was on holiday at the end of the week, they sent a replacement straight away and a box to return the first one. You are likely to get a super checked over one as the replacement. Their service is exceptional.

I had a problem when I got my first refurbished X10 and was on holiday at the end of the week, they sent a replacement straight away and a box to return the first one. You are likely to get a super checked over one as the replacement. Their service is exceptional.

Fuji said I would have to return faulty camera first and once they receive it they will post replacement with next day delivery. Had a play when it was working and quite impressed with it, another few days is not the end of the world.

Fuji's customer service was excellent when I had to use it. Very fast turn around (as I said above) as well as them sending a little padded box and pre-paid envelope for me to return the camera to them. The CS is one reason I have 5 Fujis now!

Hi All,

I've been a forum member for some while but for my sins, rarely get the chance to contribute. I've just had a catch up through the many pages on here and am glad to see that the little X10 is still going strong and holding its own; as are the other fixed lens Fuji X Range cameras. It just goes to show that expensive equipment is not necessary in order to take a cracking image to be proud of.

I actually found the time to participate in a night photography walk in Sheffield a week or so back and here are a couple of the images that I shot:-

I still love the little X10!

:):)
Hi All,

I've been a forum member for some while but for my sins, rarely get the chance to contribute. I've just had a catch up through the many pages on here and am glad to see that the little X10 is still going strong and holding its own; as are the other fixed lens Fuji X Range cameras. It just goes to show that expensive equipment is not necessary in order to take a cracking image to be proud of.

I actually found the time to participate in a night photography walk in Sheffield a week or so back and here are a couple of the images that I shot:-

I still love the little X10!
WOW, some nice shots.:)

Had a week off so took the X10 for a spin.

1010120_10152059179119023_1398115861_n.jpg

1097949_10152059179339023_1206295192_n.jpg

1601312_10152062610359023_1662177367_n.jpg

1377519_10152062610329023_458616014_n.jpg

1969332_10152064190614023_191683650_n.jpg

1975096_10152064190519023_1213636939_n.jpg

I've learnt that even in full zoom... this is an ace camera"!

Some cracking images going into this thread.
Time to lower the tone with a good old sunset cliche :)

All these were taken earlier tonight on my vintage X10.
Sets like these remind me why I've never upgraded; I can't fault the quality!

1)
20140315-190433-DSCF2287-M.jpg

2)
20140315-190600-DSCF2294-M.jpg

3)
20140315-191142-DSCF2308-M.jpg

4)
20140315-191750-DSCF2329-M.jpg

5)
20140315-192452-DSCF2343-M.jpg

6)
20140315-193350-DSCF2346-M.jpg

It was very pretty, but the wind was howling and I got chilled to the bone - I had to leave before the show was over!

Fuji's customer service was excellent when I had to use it. Very fast turn around (as I said above) as well as them sending a little padded box and pre-paid envelope for me to return the camera to them. The CS is one reason I have 5 Fujis now!
Well my experience is not quite so good:(
Fuji sent out a special delivery bag to return the camera, well after 5 days (including weekend) no sign of it so phoned them. Lost in post or Fuji? I don`t know but they sent another and delivered 2 days later.
Posted off and got an email no black cameras in stock, would I have a silver one instead. Declined as I prefer the black ones but said I would wait a few days to see if any black came in stock.
Fuji then offered an emergency repair which would be turned around in 1 day, after verifying I had the option to return for a refund if any further issues and had 12 month gtee I agreed.
Fuji then came back and said no fault found on camera, had been through the intermittent fault on first phone call to fuji and they had heard the constant fault tone over the phone and I had explained how the fault came up nearly every time if you inserted the battery and then waited a few mins before switching camera on.
Given up on a refurb and have had a refund - very quickly to be fair to fuji. Moan over.

Any one know the smallest bag/case that can take the X20 with two spare batteries and spare SD card, and also the Ef X20 flash and two spare batteries.

I use two small belt pouches one for SD cards/batteries and one for the flash - I prefer to have the camera on a strap over my shoulder under a jacket
so nothing visible. Have just found this forum while searching for X20 stuff, there are some excellent images on show here.
George

am thinking about buying an XF1 to take on holiday instead of lugging my d7000 and all its paraphernalia around.

My only concern is whether the IQ is going to be good enough in comparison.

Any thoughts ?

If you can live with the (probably) reduced range of focal lengths available (in Nikon crop terms, about 18mm - 70mm), yes. IMO (having had both), the XF-1 compares very well with a D70 and the 18-70 kit lens. Not as fast in terms of AF speeds and there's the lack of an OVF but the actual image quality available is better from the XF-1 than from the D70 (Yes, I know the D7000 is a much newer camera but I would still reckon that the XF comes pretty damn close to it in terms of IQ!) I regularly print up to A3 from the XF-1 and they look fine.

thanks for that - I'm just thinking that taking the d7000, 3 lenses, spare batteries, filters, flash etc etc that I lug around in my backpack might be a right pain. I usually have my 17-50 on the d7000 so the range of the XF1 should be fine in that case :banana:

If it's a once in a lifetime trip, it may be worth taking the full SLR kit but as a compact for taking along for holiday snaps that's capable of "proper" photography as well, I think it's hard to beat.

Where are you going and when?

I would say the XF-1 was close to ideal then! Can be slipped into a pocket when not in use, away from prying eyes and sticky fingers.

I was a little worried about the visibility of the rear screen in bright sunlight but it's not bad at all (June in Crete, so close to the same light levels you're likely to have.) I took my X-20 as well, just in case but the XF was fine.

Actually I think that just having a single camera/lens option makes for better photography as you have to work harder to get good pictures. I've done two holidays with just an X100, and I think that I've got better images than taking a whole host of gear. On the Mull holiday I accidentally left behind my DSLR, and all my Fuji Accessories inc batteries and battery chargers, and so had to make do with a single battery charge. Just used viewfinder and no rear LCD.

Tuscany https://www.flickr.com/photos/89667368@N05/sets/72157636898751786/

Mull https://www.flickr.com/photos/89667368@N05/sets/72157634009184707/ getting near puffins was a challenge with a 23mm lens!!

That said Egypt will have bright sunlight, so some kind of hood for the rear LCD might be good (or a camera with a viewfinder!!)

thanks, will have a look at your Flickr later ( no access at work ). I must admit that sometimes, I just cant be bothered with a DSLR

well, I've tried ordering 3 times via Currys now and it keeps coming back with an error message on their website. I give up

well, I've tried ordering 3 times via Currys now and it keeps coming back with an error message on their website. I give up
I ordered one 2 days ago and had an email this morning to say that it's ready for pick up from my local Curry's. Itching to go for it but am waiting for a parcel delivery.

I think I'll pop into the local store at lunchtime, explain the issues and see if they can order it. The website error keeps happening after I have put all the payment details in so I dont want to be debited a fortune

17-50 = 27-80 (35mm EFL) and the X-10 gives 28-112. Not sure of the weight of the DSLR kit you might take but am 100% certain it'll be considerably more than the X-10! Image quality? Well, the X-10 delivers JPEGs SOOC that can happily be printed up to A3+ so more than adequate for most uses. If the trip is with family or a romantic getaway, it's a no brainer really but if it's a photographic long weekend, I would take more lenses with the DSLR!

Back