The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

Chris..you'll love the X30, got mine a couple of weeks ago (great price on Amazon) and I fell in love with photography again! I have a Nikon D7000 and sometimes just couldn't be bothered to go out and lug the size and weight around..now I have the X30 with me all the time, and still have amazing functionality and specification, I previously shot only in RAW but Fuji's JPEGS are fantastic!

Robin

Yes, I have it on mine. Works well for me. I had their version on my X100, too.

GR-774.png

More pics here.
what lens hood is that?

Robin

Chris..you'll love the X30, got mine a couple of weeks ago (great price on Amazon) and I fell in love with photography again! I have a Nikon D7000 and sometimes just couldn't be bothered to go out and lug the size and weight around..now I have the X30 with me all the time, and still have amazing functionality and specification, I previously shot only in RAW but Fuji's JPEGS are fantastic!

Robin

You are really tempting me! I was looking to overhaul my entire equipment and get an X-T10 but think I might miss the DSLR sometimes so maybe DSLR and an X30 is the way forward!

You are really tempting me! I was looking to overhaul my entire equipment and get an X-T10 but think I might miss the DSLR sometimes so maybe DSLR and an X30 is the way forward!

That was my thinking when I got the X10 since then I have got an X20 and X30 ... and not touched my DSLR since.

Add a Fuji (other makes apparently exist!) CSC system to that and you'll have kit for most situations. Mind you, something a bit smaller for the pocket is nice...

GAS RULES!!!

That was my thinking when I got the X10 since then I have got an X20 and X30 ... and not touched my DSLR since.

Actually yet to try out or even hold an X10... maybe thats a good thing or it might be bought!

Actually yet to try out or even hold an X10... maybe thats a good thing or it might be bought!

I have had my X10 for a while now, and I use it most days. But I really would love a smaller body DSLR over the X10, would love the chance to use my 35mm and 50mm primes again. I miss the speed, the IQ and the optical view finder.

I have had my X10 for a while now, and I use it most days. But I really would love a smaller body DSLR over the X10, would love the chance to use my 35mm and 50mm primes again. I miss the speed, the IQ and the optical view finder.

Thats the catch, I do enjoy taking pics when the wife is horse riding.

I did have a D750 but needed to free up funds and dont really think I was using the benefits of FX at all. The D7200 is on my short list but not really 'small' but in DSLR terms I guess its no fatty! The D5500 is compact, but not sure if I would miss the controls of a bigger body.

Arrrrggghhhhhhh.... head is a mess!!!

I see Currys have a flash sale on and have dropped the price of the X30 to £249!. Wonder if there's an X40- around the corner?

AL

Last edited:
If anyone's considering a baby X, snap that Curry's offer up!

I'm trying to stop myself buying a black partner for my silver one! But I definitely will resist!

Last edited:
If anyone's considering a baby X, snap that Curry's offer up!
There was a time when I would have rushed out and bought it, at that price. But I somehow don't have that urge to dash out and purchase one. Yes, it certainly does look like a good price. I am not getting the excited feeling looking at the camera, like I got over my last two fuji purchases...

I admit i was a bit peeved considering i just paid £283
I think John Lewis will refund the difference, up to 28 days. If the price goes down, under the never knowingly undersold Guarantee. A few places are supposed to be doing this..

I didnt get it from there and this john lewis one must be a returned one,they actually allow you 3 months to return cameras amongst other things

Any suggestions for a large shutter button please. Not interested in Gariz.

Thanks,
AL

Now I'm having to consider whether it's worth updating from my X10. I suspect not but if anybody thinks otherwise please tell me.

Now I'm having to consider whether it's worth updating from my X10. I suspect not but if anybody thinks otherwise please tell me.

I have no experience of the X10 but I suspect it's worth it for the great EVF and tiltable screen alone.

AL

I have had my X10 for ages now, the only thing I would change it for, is a small body DSLR. Mainly for the speed and a proper view finder, oh and better IQ. I know a DSLR is certainly not pocketable, but neither is my X10.

I probably need to get my hands on one, oddly they don't seem to be on show in the likes of Currys so I'll have to make more of an effort. has anybody used both and noticed any significant difference in the IQ? You can get the X10 in a pocket but it does rather spoil the line of your clothes.

I dunno about the x10 but the x30 is not pocketable in the traditional sense. You won't get it into your jeans pocket or even loose trousers or cargo pants. It does however fit in an average coat pocket, or side pocket on a rucksack, or glovebox in the car. So to me, it's a nice compromise between a dslr and point and shoot.

Back