The 'Process My Pic' Game.

My kinda subject :)

jump.jpg

I love this thread and seeing how everyone's processing the same image to give such varied results. Apologies for not having a go my self, but my skills are limited.

Anyway, I was hoping some of you would take a look at one of mine from the weekend. It was a horrible day and the sky has lost all detail. I think I can pull some back but need to find a tutorial first.

link to RAW file

It would be great to see what others would do.

Thanks.

Lee

Here is my attempt. (Couldn't access raw here so it was a 5min edit using the jpg).

EDIT:

Image without the sky

Thanks Sonia, Johnsy those are both great and you have given me a dilema, I was planning to try and keep sky inline with how it was on the day (bloody horrible) a true reflection of how it was, but both of those look great.

Thank you

This was my attempt but it looks a bit flat and boring by comparison.

A little play with just the shadows and highlight sliders

I've picked 3 to play with :D

A very beautiful lady!:

dekhog1.jpg

A gorgeous little girl:

sonial.jpg

A handsome young married couple!:

lee.jpg

Now I dont usually like replacing skies. If I take any shots with white out I usually just bin them. But I enjoyed editing these ones!

Right I'll be back shortly with something in return ...

Thank you for taking the time process my shot guys/gals.... question is other than changing the sky what changes have you made to boost the image? I was thinking saturation and highlights.

Cheers Lee

Now I dont usually like replacing skies. If I take any shots with white out I usually just bin them. But I enjoyed editing these ones!

Right I'll be back shortly with something in return ...

Thanks Jo... and some great edits there.

The problem I had was all my sky's were like that, was going to go and ask in another thread rather than high jack this one, but if you know would be happy for feedback :)

Jo, those are really good edits... (y)

Thanks Jo... and some great edits there.

The problem I had was all my sky's were like that, was going to go and ask in another thread rather than high jack this one, but if you know would be happy for feedback :)

Lee to be honest when light it contrasty like that there is really only 3 options. Using an ND Grad, taking 2 exposures and blending them in PP later, or the dreaded Tone Mapping (HDR).

I personally use a cheap ND Grad that I got off ebay for something like £4.00 (though I can't remember for sure), and a third party Cokin types holder, which was also cheap. It saves me time when it comes to PPing later and I quite like the effect it has on my skies.

Thanks Jo, and Ki User for the edit.

Dont even ask what I did !!

(I am unsure myself ;) )

Couldn't get to grips with the sky.

4458068428_cd12dcf284_o.jpg

Jeez, could you have picked a tougher one? :D I think my eyes are seeing everything green now... wife is an alien...

I cheated and changed it... for another rubbish edit... :D

1o8xtj.jpg

OK great efforts so far. I'll give you a little tip on how I corrected the greeness ... If you open it in the software you normally edit Raw images in, use the dropper tool on WB and if you zoom in you will see there is a little white person on the beach towards the right hand side. I think doing that gave the best results for me. Then you can have fun with the rest of it :D heck even copy the file and do some tone mapping if you like!

Yeah it was a welding glass job :LOL: Craig you're the only one who has straightened it!

This is the first time I've played with a RAW file and ACR and I'm still scratching my head over some things. I guess I should RTFM.

How's this?

Oh wow Apple is gorgeous Paul and Bethany looks like a really good little rider!

As there have been two such great edits...I thought I would do something different with this :)

Oh wow Apple is gorgeous Paul and Bethany looks like a really good little rider!

As there have been two such great edits...I thought I would do something different with this :)

Thanks Sonia, that edit is great - would you mind if I stole it & showed Beth?

Back