The Real Beauty Project Revived – Group Therapy **NSFW**

Very random Chris :LOL: Good though, you realise you look like Donny Osmond? :D

It's been a while since I dipped into this thread - and there have been some great shots and brave stories posted. Inspired me to post a few shots. Two old, taken on a not so good day - and two I've taken tonight, on a better day.

I've said before that I hate having my picture taken. I don't think I'm attractive and I have all sorts of hangs ups about my body. BUT the one part of me that I really wish I could change is a scar. It represents a total loss of control for me and serves as a daily reminder of bad times. Physically it isn't much to look at but it's there and I wish it wasn't... it makes me feel like this:

but it is there and I can't get rid of it so I may as well show it off and stop letting it affect me:

Last edited:
Amazing docu-set Fi.

You have captured an obviously very personal time and emotion within the shots and you are to be commended. It is also nice to see you having the positive thoughts overtake the previous shots and post what has caused them.

Awesome work that lady and keep the positive thoughts coming.

Some fantastic images from Dean Chris, Christine, Si and Fi - all credit to you all for having the courage to post up these pictures (which are very good btw).

Respect (as they say ;) )

me.........

4156503884_d94311dff4.jpg

Me.....

Last edited:
lol ryanyboy where have we seen this pose before?

Fi, your shots are amazing, the thing i noticed first was your lovely figure ( i want your tum!) I hope this helps you let go of that feeling!

lol ryanyboy where have we seen this pose before?

Fi, your shots are amazing, the thing i noticed first was your lovely figure ( i want your tum!) I hope this helps you let go of that feeling!

Ha ha :LOL:

You spotted my ONLY pose. Yes, I'm a one trick pony :confused:

Last edited:
I didn't realise just how difficult this would be, like a lot of us, I absolutely hate getting my photograph taken.

Even though nearly 60, in my minds eye, I'm nobbut a lad, it certainly brings you back to harsh reality when you see your own image.

I was reading this thread this morning, so while walking the dogs this afternoon, I decided I would take a self portrait as soon as I returned home, so before I chickened out, stuck up a couple of lights, nowt fancy or flattering, and decided that I would use the first image that's correctly exposed and in focus. No post processing apart from white balance and resize for web. The only alteration was I took my glasses off as the lights were reflecting out of the lens, and I couldn't be chewed to move the lights around.

Very very tempted to reach for the dynamic skin softener tool, anti-wrinkle brush, and you can never find that hair restorer brush on the tool palette when you need it most :)

So thanks Betty et al for the ideas behind the thread (y)

IMG_2542.jpg

Well done Fi and Les! Aint nothing wrong with either of your shots! How do you both feel having posted your images? :)

It's been a while since I dipped into this thread - and there have been some great shots and brave stories posted. Inspired me to post a few shots. Two old, taken on a not so good day - and two I've taken tonight, on a better day.

What an amazing set Fi!
They are very powerful images (y)
And you get a hell of a lot of respect from me, for having the courage to post
them ( it was obviously a very traumatic time in your life)

You have a lovely figure btw ;)

A while a go I tried to shoot some implied stuff of my girlfriend and posted them in this thread way back a few pages. She told me afterwards that perhaps I should do some of myself (I think she just wanted to make fun of me really :p) but here goes anyway. Not sure what I think of these as I think shooting the male form is a little trickier to get right and can oh so easily come out wrong as I discovered trying to take these. There's been some really good stuff in this thread so far so apologies if I lower the standard as I'm really not sure about these two shots... :shrug:

1) Think I prefer the mono a little more

2) But here's a colour anyway

Ps. Both are unedited other than levels for contrast & brightness (and red channel mono conversion for the first). I know, I desperately need a hair cut and those spots popping! ;)

This pretty much summed up how i felt at the time, defo not representing beauty though.

HURT.jpg

Great thread this.

brian.

Not very beautiful but definitely 100% natural. Crop, levels tweak, resize and sharpen. No retouching – as you can see! :LOL:

Just a couple of fun selfies of me, my dog and new pants (following on from a thread here) which I took yesterday afternoon:

#1 Twanging the laggy:

8504.jpg

#2 Hiding the lower leg footwear ugliness with a strategically positioned well-trained hound:

8501.jpg

#3 As models go, Ginger’s charges are very reasonable. Half a mini Bonio in this instance which I consider to be pretty good value!

8500.jpg

Oh well here we go. Not sure about the photographic quality because it's had so much PP to get the effect I was after. But it's me in my skin such as it is!

I wish I could put a bit more muscle on me but I guess my body has decided this is how it likes to be and nothing changes. Over the past couple of years I have come to the point of not caring how I look and not caring what anyone else thinks I look like. It's about being comfortable on the inside and that's something I am.

Last edited:
Whats wrong with that muscle? Looks pretty good to me! Well done for posting too, you happy with the outcome? :)

Thanks Betty. Yes pretty happy. It was supposed to be all about the light and shade but it was a spur of the moment thing taken in a wood with fill flash and brigh sun coming through the trees so it took a lot of messing about to get this end result.

I think you did a really good job :)

I really should update this thread with something new soon, lost a fair bit of weight since the last photos :D

In some ways it would make life interesting to be able to gain and loose weight. I know it's a curse for some people and I shoudl be grateful but I can starve or pig out and my body seems to adjust metabolism accordingly so I stay the same.

So I don't really change shape - but I might still do some more pics at some point jsut because it's easier than trying to direct a model to do what I want sometimes :)

My body has really changed shape this past three months, I had a go at some more pics tonight... didnt quite get what I was aiming for though, so might try again in the week :)

I'll race yer then :)

Just looking at what Ive taken, might post something later :D

Dammit, the only one I really like, and my boobs are very visible :D

Think Ill try again another night :LOL:

Dammit, the only one I really like, and my boobs are very visible :D

Think Ill try again another night :LOL:

Do some creative photoshopping then :)

Some very brave people in this thread, I hate having my picture taken so well done you lot.

SarahLee don't suppose you have a slightly older single sister do you LOL.

Some great stories of defeating lifes side swipes, well done.

Back