The Six Nations

Tringa

Numpty of the Day'
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Just settling down for France v Ireland.

I hope for a good game, and looking at the form it should be, but I'd have preferred to these teams to have played each other a bit later in the tournament.

I could be talking rubbish but I think teams sometimes play their best after a match two.

Dave

I wish I'd watched it now, it sounds like it was a cracker. Looking forward to Wales v Scotland.

I enjoyed the Ireland v France game, it was quite a tight game but France being a man down for most of it really hurt them. I do think that Ireland were just that bit too strong for France, even if France had played with a full 15 players.

I'm going to record the Italy v England game, I have some holes to dig and fence posts to put in but I will hopefully be watching the Wales v Scotland game live.

The start of the Six nations is (for me) the beginning of the end of winter so in that sense it is always welcome.

I enjoy a good rugby international too and after a process lasting a few years I realised I was supporting Wales rather than England or any of the other teams, and was therefore +/- Welsh. I'm sure a lot of Welsh speakers would disagree but it was a significant moment.........

I have always been a Wales rugby supporter since the days of JPR & co; I did dally with moving my allegiance to France when a move to there was on the cards, but that was not to be and I still, for the present, maintain my original attachment to the Land of my Father's (apostrophe intentional).

One of the joys of being somewhat of a mongrel is that I have English, Irish, Scots and French ancestry (in living memory!) and almost certainly Italian if I go back a couple of generations. No Welsh though, although I do enjoy watching them (and have done since the JPR days.)

I'm Irish but my surname [Gaule] is very obviously of French origin, we've never been able to trace ancestory beyond the shores of Waterford though.

Great start to the campaign for us, if I was betting I'd put money on a clean sweep but, ya never know.

Just finish watching the Wales v Scotland game loved the first half, watched most of the second half through fingers on the edge of my seat cursing.

Gotta give some praise to Italy! The improvement over the past few years, no longer 'whipping boys' for England who used to regular beat them by over 20pts

Just finish watching the Wales v Scotland game loved the first half, watched most of the second half through fingers on the edge of my seat cursing.
That was nerve wracking.

A great start to the Six Nations. I don't think I have seen three such good games on the opening weekend.

Dave

I saw the last 15 gf England-Italy and was impressed with the Italian effort - it was rather close imho. Likewise Wales allowed a rampant Scotland to take the game in the first half but fought back terrifically and might have got the elusive winning drop goal with a few more minutes of extra time. Well done Scotland though.

I don't think I've ever seen Wales play so badly as in that first half! What did they put in their half-time cuppa?
I wonder if they nicked some IrnBru from the Scottish dressing room?

A great start to the Six Nations. I don't think I have seen three such good games on the opening weekend.

Dave
If you watched last weekends Premier League Games, they were excellent with one match having 101 points. High scores alone does not mean good rugby but what we saw was a lot of open attacking play rather than just a few large forwards knocking each other over. The Gloucester v Sale match was brilliant.

Dave

If you watched last weekends Premier League Games, they were excellent with one match having 101 points. High scores alone does not mean good rugby but what we saw was a lot of open attacking play rather than just a few large forwards knocking each other over. The Gloucester v Sale match was brilliant.

Dave

I've seen many domestic Irish league football games that were far more entertaining than premiership games, or world cup international games for that matter. Trouble is, if you're not from those regions, you're never going to have any interest - unlike say the premiership, where every other top team is like a mixed international team and people just follow the bigger names. I'm guessing it's similar with rugby? I'll watch Leinster play for example, as I'm from the region, and obviously I'll watch Ireland - and occasionally I'll watch The All Blacks for entertainment. But outside of that rugby has never really interested me.

Luckily, I have the Chiefs as my local team so there's a bit of interest to be had in Premiership games. Not enough for me to fork out for tickets to sit in the cold and pay for overpriced drinks/snacks though...

I've not seen the England game yet, I had some work to do when it was on but I made sure I was able to watch the Wales game, of course.

Wales were terrible in the first half. Whatever was in those half time oranges though, I want some.

I've not seen the England game yet, I had some work to do when it was on but I made sure I was able to watch the Wales game, of course.

Wales were terrible in the first half. Whatever was in those half time oranges though, I want some.
I remember the times when the teams were on the pitch through half time. With oranges...

Wales - Amphetamine
Scotland - Benzodiazepine

Gripping match.

Tight decisions and tight decisions! SOooooo close for Scotland (and it did look like it was grounded to me but, like the ref and TMO, I can't be 100% sure.)

I think the rules need to change as there are frequently issues about touchdowns. Why can't we adopt the American Football approach where all that is required is that the attacker carries the ball over the line under control. Of course there will still be some uncertain cases but nowhere near as many as now.

Dave

I think the rules need to change as there are frequently issues about touchdowns. Why can't we adopt the American Football approach where all that is required is that the attacker carries the ball over the line under control. Of course there will still be some uncertain cases but nowhere near as many as now.

Dave

It was a try, a game decided on opinion in the end. :oops: :$

Gutted for Wales but there's promise coming through.

I just saw the highlights of the Scot V Fra game, and for me [as a complete neutral in this one] it was a try - in one particular close up during the replay you can clearly see the emblem on the ball on the grass, just for a split second - that was the difference, a split second - Hard luck Scotland

I agree the Scots should have been given the try but as the referee had said in his view it was held up the replay has to show clear evidence that the ball had been grounded.

The reviews did not show clear evidence so the referees opinion stands.

Squeaky bum time in the other game too!

Must remember that a step to the left is a run-up...

Squeaky bum time in the other game too!

Must remember that a step to the left is a run-up...
I imagine that the referee might be dropped from international duties for that error. I also thought the first England Yellow card was not justified either.

Dave

When Ireland can winEasy win for Ireland today but Italy were just bad, the result is a bit flattering for us. Wales will be much more of a challenge I'd expect. Still, good work out and bonus points in the bag

I doubt the Eng v Wal ref will bother the authorities again at this level.
The penalty try was too harsh and the first yellow card not warranted.
There was also the very baffling scrum penalty against England that ultimately led to Wales’ first try.

defending side collapsing a maul on their try line that was going forward, the referee had no choice, penalty try and yellow card.

Back