The TP'ers 52 challenge for 2020 The discussion thread Week 52 Decor(ate)

Right people, one curve ball coming up ...
Its world book, day.
So for the coming week its Depict a Book

Book Title / character from a book / etc the possibilities are endless ....

And lets see you have fun with "High key" Technique for the next few weeks ;)

Love it, that will do for me :banana::banana:

Mary Poppins / Alice in Wonderland / Doctor Who / Star Wars / etc. :)
I knew this theme would make you happy :D
But I think only one is a true book?

, but you could have delayed it to MCM
But that's not "world book day" And I try and keep things topical (y)

:D

I've seen whinging about that in general parts of this forum).
Not noticed TBH.
But then I don't read every thread :D

Oooooh Depict a Book!

*Looks at plans for Sunday

Oh yes! :D

High key might be a challenge, but books - that I can do [emoji16]

I waiting for one or more of AA's big three!

I have two ideas - will three actually, but one is the same shot for both books... One for tomorrow and another for the drive in to work at our near the evening golden hour! Or on reflection, harsh light might suit that subject better [emoji848]

No idea what ‘high key’ is or how I can achieve it. Methinks I may have to read a Book!!

Wonderland, not Madness Returns (though that might have made the kids behave!)).
:LOL:
As much as I like your thinking, you can't even shout at the little brats children these days I'm sure scaring the hell out of them would also be frowned upon.

Now I am confused. I thought after reading up on it, that high key was lots of whites with only a little black but @Dave70D has posted an image on a black background!!

Now I am confused. I thought after reading up on it, that high key was lots of whites with only a little black but @Dave70D has posted an image on a black background!!
Dave, yet again, has decided to interpret things his own way :p

High Key is a term to describe images that are bright and contain little to no shadow. The term comes from the early days of broadcast television when scenes with higher contrast were not reproduced well. To make a scene that was easier to properly show on screen, the ratio between the key and fill lights was minimized. It is also sometimes used to describe photos and the photographic style that is simply bright, often with an overexposed background.

Last edited:

High Key is a term to describe images that are bright and contain little to no shadow. The term comes from the early days of broadcast television when scenes with higher contrast were not reproduced well. To make a scene that was easier to properly show on screen, the ratio between the key and fill lights was minimized. It is also sometimes used to describe photos and the photographic style that is simply bright, often with an overexposed background.

The Mask is overexposed so :kiss::p

OH That :p:exit:

Back