The TP'ers 52 challenge for 2020 The discussion thread Week 52 Decor(ate)

Thanks everyone, Mum is having some good days at the moment so as three nurses are going in every day I came back for a quick rest and back over to Mum`s again.

Great news :)

There are probably not that many of us who are still shielding so I would say go for it. I'm sure I will manage something (in)appropriate! By the looks of things with my current difficulties, I could be shielding for quite a while yet and def past the official 30th July date. I've had a look at the list of themes and the only two I would have a real problem with are Festivals and Barn.

There are probably not that many of us who are still shielding so I would say go for it. I'm sure I will manage something (in)appropriate! By the looks of things with my current difficulties, I could be shielding for quite a while yet and def past the official 30th July date. I've had a look at the list of themes and the only two I would have a real problem with are Festivals and Barn.
Oh that's hard Joan. I hope you're managing to keep your spirits up.

Young sister arrived yesterday - first time I had seen her this year - bringing 3 lots of chocolate! That will def make me feel better if not sick!! But such a joy to actually have a conversation with a real person, albeit 2 metres apart! Hadn't quite realised how much I have missed talking to people! (apart from med staff!). Phone conversations and zoom meetings don't really hit that spot. The weekly challenge has been a lifeline (and my crocheting).

Young sister arrived yesterday - first time I had seen her this year - bringing 3 lots of chocolate! That will def make me feel better if not sick!! But such a joy to actually have a conversation with a real person, albeit 2 metres apart! Hadn't quite realised how much I have missed talking to people! (apart from med staff!). Phone conversations and zoom meetings don't really hit that spot. The weekly challenge has been a lifeline (and my crocheting).

How lovely! The 52 has been good for me too.

I can’t imagine how hard it is on your own and for so long - plus you weren’t well. Thank goodness there is light at the end of the tunnel! I hope you’ve crocheted some lovely things?

That sounds like a lovely day Joan. Speaking with someone face to face without delays involved makes such a difference. I've heard lots of comments about Zoom meetings being exhausting - they are because you have to concentrate a lot more than for a normal conversation! I've knit my way through most of lockdown making traditional Shetland Keps for various friends. I'm sure, like me, you find it really relaxing. Hope you've eaten all the chocolate :D

Kep.jpg

I was hoping we'd have some lightning this week for the Mother Nature theme.... so far the nearest was a flash around 3 am :rolleyes: still hoping....
Nothing here like that, a little rain over night and now sun and showers since this morning.

I'm thinking "shoe horn" this week :D

Well thats me half way, and I think I have managed commenting quite well....sorry if I have missed any.
Congrats to everyone else for doing 6 months.
This year's 52 has been the most enjoyable for me even with the strange circumstances we find ourselves in.
Thanks to Cobra Chris and Tim, keep up the good work!

@Fuji Dave Sorry to read your recent posts thinking of you and our family.

Well I'm sort of up to date just got this weeks to sort now.

I hope you are all keeping safe and well?

Paging @mossienet Paging @mossienet :)

I note you've added an image to the TP52 challenge at

Are you planning to join the challenge?
If so, please read the guides at:
which explains how the 52 works. Key to this is that you are 1. committing to post an image every week, 2. Create your own thread, 3. Link from the main thread to your thread. The guides explain how it works.

If you aren't joining in with the 52, then you photo probably fits better in
Personal Project: https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/personal-projects-themes.54/
or maybe
Photos for Pleasure: https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/photos-for-pleasure.67/
as this sub forum and thread is specifically for those who are undertaking the 52 (or 365) challenge.

Heading into week 27! Can’t believe this will be the 18th or 19th theme subject I have managed to conjure up from my home and garden!! Just shows how open to interpretation they are!!
and it’s Thursday again. How did that happen ?

Reactions: LC2
First off a massive apology, I've been hitting the like button more than I would have errr liked.
Its been a weird week, hopefully the next one will be more pleasant ( no serious personal issues btw :) )

I also warned you I was gonna be an arse this week, so none of this will be a surprise...
The theme is signs On the face of its easy enough, BUT a there will also be a lot of lateral thinking needed by those that can't get out to
photograph a images.png

Full marks if you capture an ( the said) Alien on Digital or Film (y)

Technique July - August Juxtaposition
A photographer puts two objects close to each other and tries to attract the viewer's attention to their differences. When the contrast between these two objects is the first thing that catches the viewer's eye, juxtaposition is achieved.

• Haha
Reactions: LC2

A photographer puts two objects close to each other and tries to attract the viewer's attention to their differences. When the contrast between these two objects is the first thing that catches the viewer's eye, juxtaposition is achieved
Glad you put this in, I thought it was a part of Germany.

First off a massive apology, I've been hitting the like button more than I would have errr liked.
Its been a weird week, hopefully the next one will be more pleasant ( no serious personal issues btw :) )

I also warned you I was gonna be an arse this week, so none of this will be a surprise...
The theme is signs On the face of its easy enough, BUT a there will also be a lot of lateral thinking needed by those that can't get out to
photograph a View attachment 285018

Full marks if you capture an ( the said) Alien on Digital or Film (y)

Well this could be a challenge... Thinking cap well and truly on.

And I echo @Cobra's apology. Turns out taking a week's leave, coincident with a COVID break out at work resulting in shift changes (and of course it was all my speciality that went sick / isolated, which then put me well behind on my paperwork and deadlines as I had to pick up some of the slack), two weeks before my Boss hands over was a mistake... 4 on / 4 off (or rather 4 days available to be scheduled, and 4 days work from home to suit yourself) rapidly turned in to 12 on, none off...

Well this is going to be a bit of a challenge doing Signs while stuck indoors for another 4 weeks at least. And Juxtaposition as well......................just to throw into the mix for the next 2 months! Have a feeling my poster paints could come out of the cupboard!

Have a feeling my poster paints could come out of the cupboard!
Its all valid. Just don't go all political on us with the like
Student-Protest-390x215.jpg

But this one is OK :D

STS-India-logo.jpg

Sorry for the lack of comments folks, tonight I will try and comment on some of the images when I get back home.

No pressure Dave. My commenting is always pretty random. I’m not diligent enough to make sure I comment on every one, and I would not feel slighted if you missed me out.... only if everybody missed me out ha ha!

I must apologise for the lack of comments (and photos) too. I have been recalled from furlough and placed well and truly in the deep end at work! I'll do my best to catch up on both comments and photos as soon as I can :)

I gave up... It all got a bit too much for me at the time, worried about family's health and getting my kids home from uni, angry with not being on furlough, then angry that I was on furlough for a few weeks, and well, hey just not in the right frame of mind. I am normally a very happy go lucky person (albeit a bit of a worrier) and applaud you all for keeping going with this.
BUT I have decided to try and catch up (on 10 weeks!).

I am posting in my thread, but because it is so long ago, am I to put them in the TP 52's pictures too, or best to leave out?

but because it is so long ago, am I to put them in the TP 52's pictures too, or best to leave out?
Entirely your call Donna.
Good luck with the catch up (y)

Well I gotta say this months Technique seemed to be very popular!
And I thought it was going to cause "issues"
I suspect the next one won't be any where near as easy :p

Back