The Travelling Superzoom - anyone up for it?

Reading, Berkshire.

And thanks a whole bunch for reminding me of it. :sorry:

Fair enough I know nothing about Reading or indeed if it sufers from social problems but looking at images on the net, it looks to be quite a nice place with some decent photo opportunities, particularly if arcitecture is of interest like it is to me.

I post this at the risk of the thread going slightly off topic but I promise( @ChrisR ) that it won't run for more than a few posts ;)

I can actually share the live map if people don't mind it being publicly available

No problem for me if you choose to share the live map.

Is it possible to seperate the "journey lines" by having them in different colours so as to show them more clearly?....Just an idea, not a neccessity!;)

I'm in Yeovil, in Somerset.

Be interesting to figure out how many miles it's travelled by the end of its journey!

edit: I've just noticed how many northeners there are on this thread!

Last edited:
Pfft, anything above Bristol is "up north" to me :D
It's easy, anything between Bristol and Preston Manchester is the midlands :)

I can see there being a bit of a scaling problem with the map image after it has a load of pins from the Cheshire crew so a live map might be more fun

Cheshire is the midlands :exit:

How very dare you. Nothing about Cheshire is Midland, we are a northern town with northern people doing northern things....pah! Midlands indeed, I've never been more insulted.

Live map is fine by me. I've already publicly declared where I live.

Yeah it’s a fair trek down here....to think I sometimes do that journey to attend meets and see you lot.
I must be nuts!

Live map is fine by me. I've already publicly declared where I live.

Same goes for me; and on the question of geography, Asha apart, you're all northeners.

on the question of geography, Asha apart, you're all northeners.

I used to be a "Northerner" ( Yorkshire) and was never sure about you "Southern Softies" lol, but now I'm more South than any of you lot!!:thinking:

I'm in Yeovil, in Somerset.
edit: I've just noticed how many northeners there are on this thread!

Yeovil just about qualifies as Southern...

Pfft, anything above Bristol is "up north" to me :D
It's easy, anything between Bristol and Preston Manchester is the midlands :)

Bristol is South Midlands!

Same goes for me; and on the question of geography, Asha apart, you're all northeners.

Erm… (Although I'm not in the superzoom loop!)

I used to be a "Northerner" ( Yorkshire) and was never sure about you "Southern Softies" lol, but now I'm more South than any of you lot!!:thinking:

..and are you turning into a frog :eek: :D

Gimme a couple of weeks and all Europe will be Northern! (Apart from Gavdos and Gavdopoulo!)

How very dare you. Nothing about Cheshire is Midland, we are a northern town with northern people doing northern things....pah! Midlands indeed, I've never been more insulted.
You tell him, Andy! Just coz he's chosen to live in 'very nearly Scotland' doesn't give him any sort of geographical superiority. ;) The southern part of Cheshire may border the Midlands but we're very much northern... you can buy black pudding in the shops and everything, and Andy wears a flat cap from time to time too. What more proof do you need?

Camera on it,s way to Amanda in Berwick-upon- Tweed

Last edited:
I'd advise against using it from personal experience as all my shots with the zoom fully engaged have been pretty crappy.
Er, oops.
Just done mine and the first one I used the flash by mistake and the next 4 I think I used full zoom having missed this note.
Oh well, I had difficulty seeing through the viewfinder anyway.
Apologies for the (lack of) quality of my pics.
:)
(My general thoughts in my photos anyway!)

Just got the update and just to throw a spanner in the works I’m now away for a few days but will get on it as soon as I’m back.

Don’t tell him that.....he’s already dead slow! [emoji1]
You know one of the things that everybody says about film photography “I love the way it makes me slow down and be more selective” well I’m going to fully embrace that philosophy

Back