The Ultrawide and Fisheye Open Thread

Hi, an early morning view of Malaga/ESP with a 15mm lens from the castle :

DSC08359-a7r2-2-v151-c.jpg

Hi, Manchester/UK by night with a 15mm lens :

DSC05363-a7r2-3f.jpg

(Usually, for city trips I use my SONY A7R2 with the 21mm Loxia or a 15mm VOIGTLÄNDER. I also have a 12mm, which I find too wide. The 18mm M-mount ZEISS
is less convenient than the Loxia ... )

"Precinct"

Precinct IMG_0781ip.JPG

Lace curtains through a Samyang 7.5mm lens...

Fisheye lace curtains GX7 P1140468.jpg

Road repair on an Exeter suburban street - 17mm Tamron onto Canon 5D...

Road repair Exeter 17mm Eos 5 IMG_0131.jpg

ADVISORY: I have very recently received and used my cannon 15mm f/2.8 fisheye lens hence the posts in this thread BUT NOTE if you ever get one or use one the AF/MF slider switch can actually come off the lens and drop to the floor/camera bag with no force or intention !!!! I literally a moment ago went to use mine and the AF/MF slider switch was not there, just some bare metal lens internals :eek::eek::eek:. Luckily (and I mean luckily) I found it in the bottom of my camera holster and clipped it back into place :banana: - all is now well except it could have popped off anywhere over the last two days. I will remedy the situation with superglue I guess, There is no photo of this as I was keen to re-fit the switch. It is a super delicate and very old lens but dam it is good fun !

ADVISORY: I have very recently received and used my cannon 15mm f/2.8 fisheye lens hence the posts in this thread BUT NOTE if you ever get one or use one the AF/MF slider switch can actually come off the lens and drop to the floor/camera bag with no force or intention !!!! I literally a moment ago went to use mine and the AF/MF slider switch was not there, just some bare metal lens internals :eek::eek::eek:. Luckily (and I mean luckily) I found it in the bottom of my camera holster and clipped it back into place :banana: - all is now well except it could have popped off anywhere over the last two days. I will remedy the situation with superglue I guess, There is no photo of this as I was keen to re-fit the switch. It is a super delicate and very old lens but dam it is good fun !
It has just happened again so I took a photo . . .

View: https://www.flickr.com/photos/195125710@N06/53555460606/

Back