The Unofficial TP Android Apps Thread

its been around for ages but it really is grand! wish every forum i use had a similar app as it is a joy to use!

Excellent. I had no idea! Thanks

I've had my desire for a 2 weeks or so. Not had much time to play around with it.

SoundHound is really good. I prefer it over Shazam.
I usually go for the freebie apps, but one I had to purchase for was Mobisle Notes after I saw it on my dad's phone.
Really, simple, good looking note app.

Folder Organizer (with a 'Z') is really good and well worth the cost if you're a theming/neat freak who likes to have full control of the way
app icons look, how they are named etc.

Last edited:
I've stopped useing the TP app, as the latest version has started to lock-up my phone every time I use it. Grrr...

(at least, I think its the TP app, there does seem to be a connection...)

flossie said:
I've stopped useing the TP app, as the latest version has started to lock-up my phone every time I use it. Grrr...

(at least, I think its the TP app, there does seem to be a connection...)

I had the same issue on my HTC desire but since I've saved it to my SD card its been brilliant

I had the same issue on my HTC desire but since I've saved it to my SD card its been brilliant

Ah, :ty: - I used Titanium Backup to move this and a bunch of unimportant apps to SD card, and (touch wood!) its not locked-up since.:banana::woot:

Thanks to Neil_g for bringing this to my attention

I've recently got a tablet so have been hitting the market hard:

Quell - superb bubble bursting skill game
Google Sky Map - hours of wandering around looking up and bumping into things
Angry Birds - Normal and Rio - how addictive are they! Not keen on the Seasons one though
Sky Sports
Eyewitness - a Guardian photo app, some stunning photos on there
Football League - the free version though as the paid version doesn't work on tablets
WeatherBug
Photoshop Express
FlickFolio
Worms
SoundHound
Move the Box - annoyingly addictive game which I'm actually now completely stuck on
AVG

But there are loads in this thread which I'm sure I'm going to be downloading once I get home :LOL:

I'm trying to source a couple of good apps for android but seem to be drawing a complete blank with google

There's a couple for the ipad/iphone which are good and I know that some apps (like Quell which is very, very addictive) have crossed over to the Android market but is there any for the following?

There's one called Associate This - a word association game. I'd like to find something similar
And one to record my sleep - on ipad Sleep Cycle, I like the concept of this but I want it to record sound as well

kelack said:
I'd like to find something similar
And one to record my sleep - on ipad Sleep Cycle, I like the concept of this but I want it to record sound as well
I've tried "Sleep talk recorder" which I find pretty good.

Does it monitor sleep pattern as well ie if you're in deep sleep etc?

Ignore that. Just found one called Sleep as Android. Going to try it tonight

the 2 must have apps for android i have on my HTC Desire HD are:

Lookout mobile security: Anti virus program FREE

Android Assistant: Shuts down unused apps and much more, i did have Advanced task killer but find android assistant better as it will shut my apps down at time intervals i specify, currently every 10 mins. With the battery drain on these modern devices its important to have the apps shut as soon as possible i believe. There are other functions too but thats the main reason i had it and its FREE :)
Best wishes
Cliff

just got me an HTC so keen to see any new suggestions, or what people have installed and would recommend :)

Got most of the apps mentioned, and just installed DSLR Controller, made by a guy over at XDA called Chainfire, Cost £5.22 but it lets you use an Android device to control your Canon DSLR, got it working on my 500D,has a few issues but it works. Its in Beta at the minute but comes with a promise of free upgrades to the full version (which will cost more)
http://dslrcontroller.com/

DSLRController - Full control of a Canon DSLR, including Live View on the Tablet, View images, Change Settings, Take Photos, Setup Timelapse.

TriggerTrap - Nowhere near as useful as the iOS version which has sound triggers, but allows you to do DistanceLapse - great for travelling in your car.

The Photographer's Ephemeris - Data on sun positions

Easy Release - Model, Performer, Location releases.

DSLRController - Full control of a Canon DSLR, including Live View on the Tablet, View images, Change Settings, Take Photos, Setup Timelapse.

TriggerTrap - Nowhere near as useful as the iOS version which has sound triggers, but allows you to do DistanceLapse - great for travelling in your car.

The Photographer's Ephemeris - Data on sun positions

Easy Release - Model, Performer, Location releases.

Yeah triggertrap is great. Also the sound trigger works on my wife's galaxy s4 but not my z1. Works perfectly as you say on the iPad though

Great app, once they iron out the android bugs I reckon it'll be great. Used the sound trigger to great effect already.

Back