The virus. PPE. Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
About time too.

PM: We are in a position to move to phase two
Boris Johnson says he believes the country is in position to move to phase two of the lockdown easing of restrictions, which would see Reception, Year One and Year Six pupils return to school from 1 June.
Mr Johnson said that by having a phased return to schools the government was acting "cautiously".

What a cover up. Boris banging on about easing restrictions based on us abiding by the rules including isolating if showing symptoms yet 5mins earlier saying what DC did was acceptable??

Indeed on the angle, shame they didn't use that guile to see if their aunt who lives 2 streets away could care for them?

Sigh, you continually make these erroneous comments, no doubt it wont be long until you get back to the economy and everyone under 60, or was it now 40 should go back to work.

Indeed. Never mind the fact that death is not the only risk from covid.

How is it erroneous? The stats prove that Covina is a minute risk to kids.

So, at what point should we go back to work and get closer to normality?

About time too.

Boris Johnson says he believes the country is in position to move to phase two of the lockdown easing of restrictions, which would see Reception, Year One and Year Six pupils return to school from 1 June.
Mr Johnson said that by having a phased return to schools the government was acting "cautiously".
As a diversion from the Cummings & goings :(.

What exactly has Rasputin got on Boris?
I imagine it wouldn't be hard to have found something from a serial liar
More get out of jail free cards than the equally unpleasant Rebekah Brooks

Last edited:
What exactly has Rasputin got on Boris?
I imagine it wouldn't be hard to have found something from a serial liar
More get out of jail free cards than the equally unpleasant Rebekah Brooks
Actually I think Johnson believes he can’t do the PM job without Cummings (which may be true) but would indicate he is unfit for being PM.

TBH - IMO what really drags this thread down is the page after page of political 'point scoring' by circa five or six posters; there is lots of good information about the virus from some posters that is really usefull for others that aren't so clued up on medical matters but page after page of X person broke the rules is just petty - then they hang on to it for numerous posts and won't 'let it go'.

No, that's just people expressing opinions and their democratic right to criticise the government. You just think it drags the thread down because it's not what you want to hear.

kids are not at risk from Covid, on the last numbers I saw 3 under 15 died
Covina is a minute risk to kids.

So, which is it? NO risk as per your first statement or minute as per your second? The risk to them might be small but it still exists and that's in the first instance of infection. It's as yet unknown what the long term effects might be - is it eliminated after a symptomless infection or does it lie dormant like chicken pox/shingles? What are the chances of the infected but symptomless child passing on their infection? At the moment, there are far too many unknowns and even more silly "facts" being bandied about.

No, that's just people expressing opinions and their democratic right to criticise the government. You just think it drags the thread down because it's not what you want to hear.
He's made plenty of political posts himself, usually extolling the virtues of the Conservative party and what a wonderful job their doing :) I've no problem with that just as long as he realises they're other valid opinions

Last edited:
I wonder if they'll publish a full list of the laws you can break when following instinct?

It's a bank holiday tomorrow.
Wonder if there will be a mass disobeyance of guidelines?

Not on the beach here in Brighton and Hove, as the council have security lot to stop to many, I will go for a ride to the beach and might shoot some... With the camera :cool:

Dodging the question about him visiting Barnard Castle. So he did.

It is beyond belief that Boris has not asked DC if he had visited Barnard Castle. If the answer was, "No" then that would have been a simple answer to give. I agree, the only conclusion is that he did make the visit.

Boris also dodged the question that if other families were in the same situation as Dominic Cummings would it be acceptable for them to do the same.

I thought it was interesting at one point Boris said Dominic Cummings' action was to prevent the spread of the disease. How, when the virus is already affecting a member of your family and you have the symptoms, can leaving your house and driving 200 miles+ be a way of trying to stop the disease spreading.

I bet Boris was glad when the briefing was over. The typical confident, enthusiastic delivery at the start disappeared quickly during the questions. He did not look very comfortable.

Dave

Last edited:
Not only that, kids are not at risk from Covid, on the last numbers I saw 3 under 15 died (and they could have had health issues, I don't know). Yes, being in a car for 4 hours is close, but they are hardly going to be keeping 2m from him at home. If the kid needs a cuddle what are they going to do - ignore him?
How is it erroneous? The stats prove that Covina is a minute risk to kids.

Thats not what you said, you said "kids are not at risk".

About time too.

All being well yes.....but last I heard was that we taking small steps into Phase3 :thinking:

It is beyond belief that Boris has not asked DC if he had visited Barnard Castle. If the answer was, "No" then that would have been a simple answer to give. I agree, the only conclusion is that he did make the visit.

Boris also dodged the question that if other families were in the same situation as Dominic Cummings would it be acceptable for them to do the same.

I thought it was interesting at one point Boris said Dominic Cummings' action was to prevent the spread of the disease. How, when the virus is already affecting a member of your family and you have the symptoms, can leaving your house and driving 200 miles+ be a way of trying to stop the disease spreading.

I bet Boris was glad when the briefing was over. The typical confident, enthusiastic delivery at the start disappeared quickly during the questions. He did not look very comfortable.

Dave

No what he's relying on is the inability to conclusively prove it. They better just hope that there is no evidence of travel or any photo's in the bluebell woods with DC and his family in them.
As I have said before what childcare was not available in London through family and friends that was available in Durham.

I just re-watched tonights Cv briefing, Robert Peston's face as he is cut off is comedy gold! (22:32).

Those people who adhered to the lockdown rules and have lost their jobs, their bussinesses and livelyhoods must be pretty p***ed off that Cummings hasn't even been reprimanded, if anything he has been praised!

View: https://BANNED/M_G_Fortuna/status/1263913500142907394

Is that not an utter wonder to behold. I so wish I could understand it.

Thank you for an excellent post.

View: https://BANNED/nature/status/1264576641113772032

This is as exciting as space exploration, but unlike space exploration appears to be achievable in a reasonable time.

Keep this sort of info flowing if you can. (y)

Last edited:
Probably coincidence, and we'd never trace patient zero. But the increase in infections in county Durham lines up perfectly with Cummings being there.

So..all Cummings but no Goings.

Here's what I think and it's nothing to do with did he go here or did he go there or was it reasonable .Although the public don't see a great deal of Dominic Cummings he's very recognisable. ...as he was in those bluebell woods and didn't someone note his vehicle registration up there and check it ? I thought only the police and authorised parking companies can do that. That's by and by, though.

He should have gone to the PM or the most senior minister...Dominic Raab and explained the situation and what he and his wife wanted to do re their 4 year old and that it was too risky for him (being someone easily recognisable) to drive there to his parent's home. Even if he thought it was reasonable and complied with the rules and caveats from Number 10 he should have been aware that, at the very least ,it wouldn't reflect atall well on No. 10. Two high profile scientists had resigned already for breaking lockdown/self-isolating rules. Shouldn't he have considered that ?

Had he consulted with the PM or Dominic Raab then options could have been discussed and a way forward would have been sorted. The whole thing was not only predictable but avoidable. He musn't have done that otherwise they wouldn't be where they are.. ie..on the back foot.

This isn't dissimilar to what I posted re the recent announcement of the proposed increase of the £400 annual NHS access charge for Non-EEA health care workers. What a time to announce that .My question is always..how can intelligent people..and they are very intelligent people...make the decisions they do ?

Cummings will be forced to go I think, and Boris is going to look like an even bigger buffoon.

The thing I don't get is that all the Tory supporters should have wanted Cummings to go as well. Partly to show that Boris is actually a strong prime minister, instead we now have proof that he is spineless and Cummings is pulling all the strings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back