The virus. PPE. Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some big jump up to 798 this morning, I have been told by my mums doctor to stay in as she is now in hospital very poorly. Twiddling my fingers waiting for someone to get back to me.

As you’re posting in this thread I assume your mum is in hospital because of the virus ? Hopefully not but if it is I think we’ll soon see more posts like yours. Must be stressful for you.

I‘ve read that schools will be closed next Wednesday.

I was going to do my normal food shop tomorrow, but I am not sure if there is anything left. It seems people are still panic buying. Someone just posted a photo of an Asda with bare shelves. All because of panic buying, over this virus.

Aside from Loo roll and Pasta (and some tinned goods) Waitrose and Tesco by me had loads of food!

I was going to do my normal food shop tomorrow, but I am not sure if there is anything left. It seems people are still panic buying. Someone just posted a photo of an Asda with bare shelves. All because of panic buying, over this virus.

There is an overwhelming need to put some controls in place to calm all this panic buying. When the time comes to get large numbers of people to self isolate it will fall apart if hoards are running about trying to get food.

There is an overwhelming need to put some controls in place to calm all this panic buying. When the time comes to get large numbers of people to self isolate it will fall apart if hoards are running about trying to get food.
Not sure about that, if you impose controls it will confirm there is a shortage, the way some think, and make them more desperate :(. I really doubt there can be ‘real’ shortages yet, more a question of being unable to increase/keep up deliveries to stores, (Obviously, I know no more tha you do :))

Shops won't impose any purchasing restrictions; this is GREAT for business! Loads of idiots panic buying stuff? It's a Capitalist's wet dream! :ROFLMAO:

My sister in law went to Asda at Tilbury Essex today and all the pasta and pasta sauce was gone.
Tesco on Wednesday morning had no toilet rolls, and Tesco near work on Monday had no hand sanitizer gel or handwash.

Thankfully I don't eat any of that, but I will probably need to stock up on frozen veg and fruit tomorrow morning for the coming week. Work is going to supply us remaining workers with food next week as the canteen service will not be open. I doubt they will have anything I will be wanting to eat.

Shops won't impose any purchasing restrictions; this is GREAT for business! Loads of idiots panic buying stuff? It's a Capitalist's wet dream! :ROFLMAO:
Shops are already imposing restrictions.

This is an NHS Youtube.

Warning. Some may find some of this footage of the animals in the market disturbing. It is. After the first video there are following ones about how it's being dealt with. I don't know how many continuous videos there are but as I type there's another about Wuhan.

This is how it all started .It's interesting to know thatg it's the elite that consume animal parts for 'traditional medicine'. If there's any light at the end of the tumnnel it's that most Chionese do not indulge ihttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPpoJGYlW54
Thats not an NHS sponsored or produced video

Shops are already imposing restrictions.

Are they? Where?

[Panic buys random stuff just for the sake of it]

hmm. What do I do with 300 kingsize duvet covers? :eek:

Are they? Where?

[Panic buys random stuff just for the sake of it]

hmm. What do I do with 300 kingsize duvet covers? :eek:
Supermarkets in our area in Essex, are restricting the number of toilet roll packets hand sanitizer etc that each customer can buy.

Supermarkets in our area in Essex

Ah. ;)

Blokes in the local mini-market were laughing cos a local who'd bought loads of loo roll (not from them, elsewhere) got nicked cos the tailgate on his car burst open on the road in front of a police car, and all the packets came tumbling out. I bloody missed it all by just a few minutes. :facepalm:

Perfect :) I’m afraid I put him on ignore, he seems to think this is the “jokes” thread.

What ya gonna do? Die miserable?

Look; I know several people, including my mum, who are at great risk from such a virus. Of course it's scary. But how do you deal with it; run around in blind panic, or arm yourself with facts and common sense, and retain a sense of humour? I know what I'm going to do...

Last edited:
Perfect :) I’m afraid I put him on ignore, he seems to think this is the “jokes” thread.
He's not the only one to put up a humorous post in this thread, are they on ignore too? At least his joke, as bad as it was, was photo related.

Thats not an NHS sponsored or produced video
Can’t think why they’ve decided make it look like NHS. Vox seem (haven’t seen it before) to be a respectable news site otherwise — destroys credibility :(.

Can’t think why they’ve decided make it look like NHS. Vox seem (haven’t seen it before) to be a respectable news site otherwise — destroys credibility :(.
Its Youtube who post the info panels. For a while I thought it was the company I worked for who posted them via my browser for reference when I'm reviewing videos, but I know now that's not the case.

Last edited:
He's not the only one to put up a humorous post in this thread, are they on ignore too? At least his joke, as bad as it was, was photo related.
Without checking, I’m pretty sure I have, I’ll ignore myself too and I recommend other do too :(. But “duvets” photo related, I must have missed something :(.

Without checking, I’m pretty sure I have, I’ll ignore myself too and I recommend other do too :(. But “duvets” photo related, I must have missed something :(.
Sorry, I'm barking up the wrong tree. I thought this was the user who put up a supposedly humorous post a few days ago.

Its Youtube who post the info panels. For a while I thought it was the company I worked for who posted them via my browser for reference when I'm reviewing videos, but I know now that's not the case.
Thanks didn’t know that. I not a big user of YouTube (but they have lots of good stuff) because I find the interface horrible and imposible to organise — they need tabs or something.

Sorry, I'm barking up the wrong tree. I thought this was the user who put up a supposedly humorous post a few days ago.
It might be the same one because it’s his style :( which is why I ignored him so I don’t rise to the bait — like Jason strapping himself to the mast :).

Thanks didn’t know that. I not a big user of YouTube (but they have lots of good stuff) because I find the interface horrible and imposible to organise — they need tabs or something.
Actually I wasn't barking up the wrong tree

Just had CV. Can't say I'm impressed; as a viral illness, it's dynamic range was lacking, it was a bit soft round the edges, lacked contrast. Nowhere near the quality of something like Swine 'Flu.

I got bored and moved it on.

I had a rummage at the back of our cupboard, and I am pleasantly surprised at the little store I have. I tend to buy things when they are on offer, and I have got a double case of beans, I bought them because they were on special offer, and it worked out at 40p a can. I also have a good few bottles of Bold as they were a massive £2 off per bottle. I still have a case and a half of toilet roll, this is something I always stock up on. I also have a lot of tinned stuff, again bought when the roll back offer was on. A few bottles of hand sanitiser that I always have in, as the missus is a wheelchair user, and her hand can pick up dirt easily.

Only going tomorrow for bread milk and butter etc.

I had a rummage at the back of our cupboard, and I am pleasantly surprised at the little store I have. I tend to buy things when they are on offer, and I have got a double case of beans, I bought them because they were on special offer, and it worked out at 40p a can. I also have a good few bottles of Bold as they were a massive £2 off per bottle. I still have a case and a half of toilet roll, this is something I always stock up on. I also have a lot of tinned stuff, again bought when the roll back offer was on. A few bottles of hand sanitiser that I always have in, as the missus is a wheelchair user, and her hand can pick up dirt easily.

Only going tomorrow for bread milk and butter etc.
40p for a can of beans!

I asked a middle aged couple in the checkout queue if they knew what people thought might happen. The supermarket was busier that Christmas.

He replied, I kid you not, " we watched Day of the Dead last night. That's what's going to happen. There'll be a total curfew with the army on the streets.

I told him I'd rather catch the bug and turned away.

Italy has had more deaths from COVID-19 in the past 24 hours than we have had confirmed new cases. They have it so bad.

First thing this morning about 7am my local tesco had no bog rolls at all or hand cream but I`m using soap for hand washing.
The Romans used to use a sponge on a stick when their Tesco ran out of bog rolls. I haven’t tried it but it sounds efficacious if a trifle risky :) .

The Romans used to use a sponge on a stick when their Tesco ran out of bog rolls. I haven’t tried it but it sounds efficacious if a trifle risky :) .

Took a while but I have a trained Labrador puppy... :p

I asked a middle aged couple in the checkout queue if they knew what people thought might happen. The supermarket was busier that Christmas.

He replied, I kid you not, " we watched Day of the Dead last night. That's what's going to happen. There'll be a total curfew with the army on the streets.

I told him I'd rather catch the bug and turned away.
You should've started coughing....

Took a while but I have a trained Labrador puppy... :p
Actually, you jest but, as I have mentioned before on here, until recently I’ve always had Basenjis and that is almost certainly one of their functions in their native Congo. Basenji showing people don’t mention it but there are observed accounts of Basenjis being called to clean up babies. It makes perfect sense if you know there is a hierarchy of s***-eating by predators in Africa, their digestive systems being relatively inefficient. I always made sure to keep the loo door closed as they were very keen to ‘lick out the bowl’ :). Its not that they would eat any excrement, not their own or other dogs but human ... mmm :).

Europe has it worse than China was at its peak!

And we are barely just got going....since when China was at its peak they had already well into their lockdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back