THE WAY WE WERE.

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
No
Any shots you have a little background would be good and if you can remember the camera,film etc.

Number one.

P4070029CS5.jpg

Burtons suit off the peg, Cousins weddings in 1970 and ended in a fight, I lost.:LOL:

Halina Paulette, Agfa slide film.

That's me - the fat one in the blue t-shirt and checked neckie. Enjoying a well deserved Bierre after spending the previous couple of days climbing Mont Blanc.

Ignore the date on the flickr etc. it was actually taken on the 9th July 1983, around about 7pm. We actually walked into Chamonix in full mountain kit (Helly Hansen Jackets - Salopettes etc) at around 5:30 pm and wondered why people were staring at us. Then we realised - Turned out it'd been 34c in the shade all day, everyone was swealtering, but our fleecejackets/pants had held so much water/snow that we were just nice and comfortable!

Shot on Canon A-1, 50mm f/1.4, Fuji 100asa C41 film. Scanned from a slightly degraded print (negatives lost in a mad ex-girlfriend/failure to change the locks/back garden bonfire incident!) as processed by Boots, on return from out alpine trip, around the end of September 1983.

Love the lack of "technical fabrics" and so forth, with the exception of my poncey stretch Rohan plus 2's :LOL:

Bryan, me and Derek, Northampton 1977ish.
by Raglansurf, on Flickr

Bryan, me and Derek, taken in St Gile's Terrace, Northampton some time 1977ish. Punk obviously hadn't hit Northampton by then, hence the enormous flairs:LOL: Jacket from Burton's I think, (we weren't exactly spoilt for choice in terms of clothes shops in Northampton) and Falmers baggy jeans. Probably taken on a Zenith E, not sure of the film stock as this was scanned from a print but probably something hideous like a Tudor freeby.

Last edited:
brilliant
me on a beach somewhere on the West Coast of Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
prob about late 1970s...edit ahha no wedding ring so that makes it early 1980
camera was [perhaps] a Canon AE-1...Ektachrome.?
c51907e4.jpg

Last edited:
NOW HEAR THIS...

I will shortly be posting some psychotic wallpaper.
Anyone of a nervous disposition, be advised.
Vacating this thread is highly recommended.

Me on the left, and looks like the latest radio, tape recorder or toaster on my friend's car roof ;)
img220.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaaaghhhhh...my eyes......:D

why did parents buy brass candle-sticks and cow-bells for the mantlepiece.....:shrug:

well the lino matches .....:D

that's a good shot..!....what's the car..? LH drive too

.....but it wasn't taken by me ;) and IIRC it was a Chevrolet with a small straight 6 engine so the fuel consumption was better.

OK I will play, You have to promise that there will be no laughing:LOL:, Below is a pic of my 2 brothers and me. I am the baby in the middle.

Measalittleone.jpg

Right I said no laughing.:D Least I have an excuse to why I am pants at photography. I hasten to add that I had 2 ops not long after this to get the bos eyed look corrected, :)

lol...

that's great Dave, it works perfectly on this netbook cos you can't see the whole picture straight away.

don't laugh at the blonde helmet hair cut, err ok

*scrolls a bit*

que Major ROFL

fablious

lol...

that's great Dave, it works perfectly on this netbook cos you can't see the whole picture straight away.

don't laugh at the blonde helmet hair cut, err ok

*scrolls a bit*

que Major ROFL

fablious

Thought it might make a few people laugh.

Not wishing to let this thread go.

My next, The way we were.

My engagement in 1970, the shot is carp, but the atmosphere is IMO great.
Great to feel up anther girl whilst getting engaged.

P4200142CS5.jpg

And another embarrasing one from the archives from me

Me (L), my good mate Gary (R) and Gary's irritating kid brother Graham (Ctr). Actually, Graham's not a bad lad, but you know what kid brother's can be like, always hanging around like a third wheel.
Shot taken by my Mother - hence the camera shake blur, and the fact that I'm almost out of frame. Colour distortion courtesy of Truprint photo-processing's lousy quality control.

I'm guessing it was sometime in the summer of '76 - just before school broke up (as I'm in my school uniform trousers/shoes rather than a pair of ripped up jeans and some trainers.

I'd just swapped the girlie RSW14 that Graham is sitting on for the "racer" and was feeling rather pleased with myself :)

:LOL:Love the tucked in trouser leg look. A look we all did in our younger years, if you were born before about 1975.

:LOL: with a pair of Lionel Blairs like those, there had to be some way of avoiding the chain.

OK Scanned a few others

canoe.jpg

Taken I am guessing approx 1980 on Mudeford beach while on holiday, Canoe belonged to a lad I meet on holiday had many a great day with them. Who thought Swimming trunks were ever a good idea.:LOL:

Lions.jpg

Taken within a year or so of the canoe shot at the Isle if Wight zoo at Sanddown, I spent so many days at the zoo that holiday that the owner at the time invited me and mum and dad back after the zoo shut one day to have a tour of behind the scenes which included the big cats and the snake house, I was blown away by it all.

Snake.jpg

Again taken on the Island while on holiday at Robin Hill, Snakes have always had a thing for me and make an a line to me, that one wouldn't stay with anyone else and kept coming back to me.:) I have always loved snakes but can not have one as the wife hates them.

Wedding.jpg

Guess what, our wedding day, 1996, bloody hell where has the time gone? left to right Sister in law, Me, the wife, Best man and my 2 nieces as bridesmaids.

OK Scanned a few others

canoe.jpg

Shouldn't you have one of those on the other foot as well?

Cracking shots, I love the colours of the first 3, they just cry out 70's/80's but I'm glad my prints don't come out with those colours now :LOL:

Those evacuation photo's are priceless.

And you need to put
tags round your photos.

And welcome to the F&C section(y)

Sweet 16. 1980. Camera was mam's 35mm, more than likely a plastic fantastic. She'd just been weaned off 126 Instamatic :)
Scanned at hi-res from probably a Tru-Print original: trying to gild a turd lol.
I was told to smile cos apparently it's the done thing. Contrary to popular belief, I don't find smiling painful, just inefficient ;)
Stratford, Shakespeare's house.
me16.jpg

Last edited:
annual holiday at Normans Bay Caravan Site, Pevensey

the three cousins, me in the middle
with our younger brothers
John_Alan_Philip_and_David_Martin_and_Richard_Normans_Bay.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
I am on the left, next to the bus bringing our parents to see us whilst evacuated, 1941

The bus looks like a Leyland Tiger, with Duple bodywork at a guess. In common use on express coach services in the 1930s.

Rather nice.

Last edited:
This thread is some what amazing its makes me appreciate Photography even more than I currently do!

I was born in 1990! so its almost like a history lesson in here! most/all of the pics are older than me (21) ...

Keep them coming!

This thread is some what amazing its makes me appreciate Photography even more than I currently do!

I was born in 1990! so its almost like a history lesson in here! most/all of the pics are older than me (21) ...

Keep them coming!

Age is nothing to do with it, get posting(y)

I was born in 1990! so its almost like a history lesson in here! most/all of the pics are older than me (21) .............

21 pah still wet behind the ears....:D

here's my father [ extreme left] at RAF Biggin Hill during WWII making Britain safe for you sprogs...:LOL:
35091f0f.jpg

My grandfather making Britain safe in WW1 when your father was a sprog ;)
Bottom row seated, 2nd from the right.
spen.jpg

Reactions: Jao
Not a very good scan, but me at the age of about 6 :D

23536_10150163802605602_641030601_11835491_5746511_n.jpg

15 year old me, Garreg Fawr Iron Mine, August 2002. This is the only shot I have of me where I could find the negatives, no idea where the rest are.

VISTA200-00004.jpg

ooh found a scan of a print, same year I think:

ManodPHse.jpg

That's Dave Sallery of www.penmorfa.com and his dog Sam and we're stood at the Manod Slate Quarry powder house.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to revive this old thread but that is me at the front, my 2 sisters behind me and my mum behind them whilst on holiday at a Butlins camp in Clacton on Sea around 1974. I am pretty sure it was a Polaroid shot.

mumnusatbutlinscopy.jpg

I forgot about this, I'll have to root out an embarrasing shot of me now.

Andy

I forgot about this, I'll have to root out an embarrasing shot of me now......Andy

me too

how about mid-1950s..Air Training Corps

move over Cheesy....................:LOL::LOL:

Last edited:
Back