Thomas Heaton

I tried c1 after watching that..
The difference is night and day.. slightly annoyed as I just renewed my LR subscription.
I’ll have to use the free Fuji express version for now, but it does lack a few features.

The difference is night and day.. slightly annoyed as I just renewed my LR subscription.
I’ll have to use the free Fuji express version for now, but it does lack a few features.

I tried the free Sony Express on my boys laptop. I didn't really get on with it but I may be too used to LR! I would consider it again though before signing up for any subscription.

I tried the free Sony Express on my boys laptop. I didn't really get on with it but I may be too used to LR! I would consider it again though before signing up for any subscription.

Its a learning curve for sure, after over 10 years of Lightroom. I can edit and export an image in about 30 seconds usually. If it was a minor difference I probably would stick with LR, but the difference really is quite large.

Its a learning curve for sure, after over 10 years of Lightroom. I can edit and export an image in about 30 seconds usually. If it was a minor difference I probably would stick with LR, but the difference really is quite large.

Yeah, I've forgotten how long I've used Lightroom..... I definitely had LR3, not sure about anything before that. I can't recall tbh :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

I mainly use the HSL sliders, the adjustment brush & details tab more than anything else. Oh, maybe the graduated too.

If you don't want to go the full hog, I'm assuming you could just use the free C1 as a raw converter and do all the editing in lightroom? The conversion engine must be the same to the C1 paid versions.

I signed up to a pay monthy 1 year deal recently when they were running a 30% off offer. Thought £6.99 a month for a year wasnt so bad. After a bit of time setting up, you can make C1 mirror lightroom making it pretty easy to edit. Not a huge learning curve. You can also set it up to sync with lightroom and photoshop automatically. There is a good video on youtube by Andy Mumford of how to do this.

The raw files do look much better in C1 I must admit.

Back