Tom and Melissa - Surrey

Radiohead

Mine sucks
Name
Guy
Edit My Images
No
Heatwave! On an absolute scorcher last Friday I had the privilege of photographing Tom and Melissa's wonderful wedding. The keen-eyed amongst you might spot that I was back at Gate Street for the 3rd time in 4 weeks but this is a venue that just keeps giving. I never get tired of shooting here and every wedding is so different.

I started the day in Godalming and spent 30 minutes with Tom and his chaps at The Inn on the Lake before heading over to The King's Arms in the town centre to spend an hour with Melissa and her bridal party. Aside from being in possibly the hottest hotel room in the world (fact!) the hotel was absolutely buzzing with the preparation. Tom's brother--in-law kindly drove them to Gate Street in one of his incredible Bentleys and the day just went perfectly from there. It was a shortish day for me as I finished at 5pm, but every minute was perfect. Melissa utterly defined elegance and beauty, with Tom nailing confidence, calm and class.

Mr and Mrs Marston are in Bali now and no doubt having a jaw-dropping honeymoon. To the photos!

A fuller set is on my blog here

Have you missed one out Guy................... :LOL:

#9 is a beaut.

Jeez, I feel like I was there

Good set and I think I have an old photo of that car somewhere.

Top notch as usual Guy, i hate you :D

What a fantastic set, the real standouts for me are 22,23 & 33 but they are all wonderful!

Smokin set Guy ;)

Sweeping aside the fact that you've composed the shots beautifully and totally caught the spirit of the day, I'm intrigued with how you get the colour and tonal quality so fine :thinking:

Do you process your nef's with NX2 first? or is it all Lightroom?

Brilliant guy (as usual). Number 25 tugs at even my heart strings.

Stunning set, just out of interest what kit comes with you on a typical wedding??

Smokin set Guy ;)

Sweeping aside the fact that you've composed the shots beautifully and totally caught the spirit of the day, I'm intrigued with how you get the colour and tonal quality so fine :thinking:

Do you process your nef's with NX2 first? or is it all Lightroom?

Thank you :)

All Lightroom - I don't use anything else. I've created a number of presets that I use now.

Brilliant guy (as usual). Number 25 tugs at even my heart strings.

Thanks Vic.

Stunning set, just out of interest what kit comes with you on a typical wedding??

Thank you - 1 D3, 1 D700. Most of the time I'll have a Nikkor 24-70 on the D3 and a 50/1.4 on the D700. For some churches and the B&G shots after the ceremony I use the 70-200/2.8VRII but otherwise it's just those 2 lenses.

Thank you :)

All Lightroom - I don't use anything else. I've created a number of presets that I use now.

Good to know mate, cheers ;)

Do you use the camera profiles in the calibration tab much or leave it one Adobe standard?

Simply stunning set and a pretty bride too. I'm impressed by some of the wedding photography I set on TP. 4, 25, 27 and 33 really stand out to me.

I've had another wee look at these and I think they are even more excellent than I thought they were last night! (y)

You have captured the facial expressions well in 24, 25 and 26 and the DoF in 42 is spot on.

All superb work.

It seems you know what you are doing...

Love the processing, the B+W conversions are lovely!

A very English looking wedding I may add.

Well done.

BK

Really enjoyed viewing these.
An excellent (and inspirational) set of images.
No 27 and 33 are true outstanding classics for me!
The B&G must be ecstatic.
Paul

Very nice set Guy! Nice piece in Photo Pro mag too fella!

25,26 and 27 tell the story. Fantastic set and impressed with the way you have captured the emotion of this wedding. Top Drawer!

Absolute rubbish :razz:

Haha, only kidding, I'm just incredibly jealous :LOL: They look fantastic, crisp, clean, perfectly processed, well composed and exposed.

Makes me think I'm decades away from achieving something like this!

the i see your work, the more i admire it, even when the last set totally blew me away.

are those lightroom presets for sale by any chance... it would be a fantastic help to some of the new guys on here (including me). I know i'd pay to see some of the inner workings of a pro. (y)

Great set Guy. Particularly interesting for me as I shot a wedding there last year and it's strangely fascinating to see how someone else shoots the same venue. You had a lot more and a lot nicer light than I did in February. I'm a little envious truth be told as it's a great venue. I'd like to do a few more there if it wasn't so far away. Thanks for posting!

Inspirational work. I wish you'd been around when we got married!

Fantastic photographic story of a wedding there pal !

25,26 and 27 tell the story. Fantastic set and impressed with the way you have captured the emotion of this wedding. Top Drawer!

Guy,
Fantastic set (y)

Great work Guy....absolute quality.

Love 25

Absolute rubbish :razz:

Haha, only kidding, I'm just incredibly jealous :LOL: They look fantastic, crisp, clean, perfectly processed, well composed and exposed.

Makes me think I'm decades away from achieving something like this!

Thanks all

the i see your work, the more i admire it, even when the last set totally blew me away.

are those lightroom presets for sale by any chance... it would be a fantastic help to some of the new guys on here (including me). I know i'd pay to see some of the inner workings of a pro. (y)

Thank you.

Haven't really thought about it. Maybe I should!

Great set Guy. Particularly interesting for me as I shot a wedding there last year and it's strangely fascinating to see how someone else shoots the same venue. You had a lot more and a lot nicer light than I did in February. I'm a little envious truth be told as it's a great venue. I'd like to do a few more there if it wasn't so far away. Thanks for posting!

It's a lovely venue. I'm lucky enough to do a few there each year (7 this year I think). I had a couple in the last weeks that were wet and then cold though

http://www.guycollierphotography.com/?p=3573

http://www.guycollierphotography.com/?p=3731

Back there on 24th July and then once in August, with a gap until December then.

Back